IGNORED

It’s Monday Morning, it’s 10am..

Silvio Dante

Paid for family & process worked efficiently (maybe this coz of lack of interest from others).

as someone who has supported City my whole life and suffered incredibly lean years including the old Division 4, it’s inconceivable that I would fail to renew and I want to keep the decent seats that I have. The idea that delaying would make a difference as to who will be the permanent manager is in my view fanciful.

I very much hope Nigel Pearson is our manager for the long term, but if he isn’t I would still watch the team I will always support. 

23 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

You could claim `cruel and unusual punishment` though. No judge in the land could deny that.

In the States you get quite a lot of cases where children sue their parents.

I have thought on many occasions of doing this to my Dad, as he started taking me when I was about 8, so really it is all his fault.

He’s 80 now bless him & pre pandemic was still a ST holder so on reflection he would probably get away with it on the grounds of insanity..

Get Pearson signed for 3 years; announce some top teams for preseason friendlies at AG plus usual crap; announce that NP has money to spend on 2 strikers, a tall, dominating cb and a decent right back; announce NP is getting his own coaching team. Season tickets will be bought no problem.

13 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

Get Pearson signed for 3 years; announce some top teams for preseason friendlies at AG plus usual crap; announce that NP has money to spend on 2 strikers, a tall, dominating cb and a decent right back; announce NP is getting his own coaching team. Season tickets will be bought no problem.

Here’s an interesting Segway.

In view of Covid restrictions, it’s likely that lucrative pre season friendlies abroad will be off the table. No point in doing the tours if you can’t get the fans in the stadia. 

So, I’d say it’s more possible, if not 100% likely, that you will indeed see top premier league clubs doing it like the olden days and playing football league clubs in pre season

1 hour ago, nick jones of hereford said:

Paid for family & process worked efficiently (maybe this coz of lack of interest from others).

as someone who has supported City my whole life and suffered incredibly lean years including the old Division 4, it’s inconceivable that I would fail to renew and I want to keep the decent seats that I have. The idea that delaying would make a difference as to who will be the permanent manager is in my view fanciful.

I very much hope Nigel Pearson is our manager for the long term, but if he isn’t I would still watch the team I will always support. 

Most people will no doubt renew, that’s fine. And I don’t think delaying will influence a decision, so not thinking fancifully. I just think it is probably a good a time as any to make a point.  It’ll be a fruitless point, but surely worth making nonetheless. 
You aren’t gonna lose your seats until early May. Would be good if just a little bit of fan pressure could be demonstrated. I can’t imagine there are many fans who are 100% happy with the current situation, so it seems the logical way of giving ourselves a voice. 

1 hour ago, nick jones of hereford said:

I think the vast majority who are "delaying" will renew whatever (there are lots of reasons why people go to football) and you are right in that delaying won't influence the final decision. However there might be a few who do say "enough's enough" if we ignore Pearson and go for someone like Robins. If nothing else a situation where enough supporters delay will send a very strong message to the Owner/Board indicating what might just happen in future (as is the fans prerogative) if they do their "own thing" (as is the Owner/Boards prerogative) and get it spectacularly wrong.

Not knocking anyone who has renewed today, we all do what we think is right. Nobody is wrong, that's the key.

3 out of a group of 8 that I sit with are not renewing. And these are all "lifers", or so I thought. Not necessarily representative, but perhaps a snapshot of the combined effect of covid and dire football.

I think season card numbers wil be significantly down for next season.

16 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I've reached 52...and condemned my 3 children - who've never lived in or near Bristol - to the same fate!

I've condemned a son who lives in the United States to supporting us. In return I have to feign an interest in the fortunes of the Green Bay Packers.

As for the ST, I'm waiting until NP is appointed or if not, I'll probably renew on the last day.  Seems like what most are doing. 

Archived