IGNORED

It’s Monday Morning, it’s 10am..

Silvio Dante

2 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

3 out of a group of 8 that I sit with are not renewing. And these are all "lifers", or so I thought. Not necessarily representative, but perhaps a snapshot of the combined effect of covid and dire football.

I think season card numbers wil be significantly down for next season.

I can see that occurring across the board tbh not just with us. If we get the appointment right I can see a situation where the numbers aren't as bad as initially feared. If not they might be a lot worse.

I'm confused by the faq's on the season ticket renewals page.

We want to move from landown wings to South stand as one of our group isn't going. However if we can't get decent South Stand seats we'd want to stay where we are.

Faq's says all I can do is renew my seat, will lose it if I don't renew before the short swapping window. Faq also states that refunds aren't given.

Reason for moving is that there is one in our group definitely not renewing and they were the only one bothered about having a better seat on the side so we want to move somewhere cheaper, but the non renewer sorted the tickets previously so we don't know what we're doing. 

Faq's aren't very good as I can't see my situation answered and also can't think it's too uncommon and if there is a simple way to do this there are some contradictions in the faq's and I can't tell the correct course of action to take.

18 minutes ago, kit said:

I'm confused by the faq's on the season ticket renewals page.

We want to move from landown wings to South stand as one of our group isn't going. However if we can't get decent South Stand seats we'd want to stay where we are.

Faq's says all I can do is renew my seat, will lose it if I don't renew before the short swapping window. Faq also states that refunds aren't given.

Reason for moving is that there is one in our group definitely not renewing and they were the only one bothered about having a better seat on the side so we want to move somewhere cheaper, but the non renewer sorted the tickets previously so we don't know what we're doing. 

Faq's aren't very good as I can't see my situation answered and also can't think it's too uncommon and if there is a simple way to do this there are some contradictions in the faq's and I can't tell the correct course of action to take.

The bit at the end of the FAQ’s is referencing if you want to change seat during the season. 
For the renewal, you will need to renew your current seats and then call up on May 5th to request a move. If your new seat is a lower price then you would get a refund on the difference. 
As said, the bit at the end does confuse it a bit I guess but that’s only if you want to change once the renewal period is finished. 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

The bit at the end of the FAQ’s is referencing if you want to change seat during the season. 
For the renewal, you will need to renew your current seats and then call up on May 5th to request a move. If your new seat is a lower price then you would get a refund on the difference. 
As said, the bit at the end does confuse it a bit I guess but that’s only if you want to change once the renewal period is finished. 

Thanks, that would have been my guess but it's not clear and could do with a sentence explaining refunds or additional charges during the switch window. 

Trigger for me would be confirming NP as long term Manager and commitment to the reorganisation of the club, including the provision of adequate and appropriate resourcing. 

In return I'll gladly accept that the project will take more than a single season and that patience will be required. 

Given that scenario the Manager, squad and club as a whole will enjoy my continued support. 

Its time for some BIG changes. Bring it on BCFC.

COYR. OTIB.

2 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Like most real fans, I renewed my tickets within half an hour of opening.  Hope to be from a fully vaccinated family and relatively bullet proof for the hew season. COYR!

Well done you. Round of applause etc. etc. The rest of us "fake" fans will renew but just over the next few weeks if that's ok with you..........bearing in mind it's our money and we decide what to do with it and when. In addition, but this will have completely passed you by, there might be some fans who literally cannot afford to renew right this second......the fake, part-time bastards.

3 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Like most real fans, I renewed my tickets within half an hour of opening.  Hope to be from a fully vaccinated family and relatively bullet proof for the hew season. COYR!

Interesting, that according to someone in supporter services, sales have been very slow today, much lower than normal day one.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Interesting, that according to someone in supporter services, sales have been very slow today, much lower than normal day one.

I am looking forward to getting back to Ashton Gate and believe that the club probably needs as many sales as possible - I support that.  If we sell fewer season tickets, the mob on here will be baying for more new expensive signings.  If we all get behind the club and vote with our financial support, it will be better for everyone.

55 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Well done you. Round of applause etc. etc. The rest of us "fake" fans will renew but just over the next few weeks if that's ok with you..........bearing in mind it's our money and we decide what to do with it and when. In addition, but this will have completely passed you by, there might be some fans who literally cannot afford to renew right this second......the fake, part-time bastards.

Agreed - part time bastards!  If us poor old age pensioners can make the effort, I'm sure that most of the grumblers on here can get stuck in.  After all, who else will boo our team when they have a poor half?

17 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I am looking forward to getting back to Ashton Gate and believe that the club probably needs as many sales as possible - I support that.  If we sell fewer season tickets, the mob on here will be baying for more new expensive signings.  If we all get behind the club and vote with our financial support, it will be better for everyone.

Not sure that correlates?

I think they could’ve been more clever with SC sales this season, rather than price freeze.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not sure that correlates?

I think they could’ve been more clever with SC sales this season, rather than price freeze.

The mob will grumble without much encouragement but the club needs cash to develop the playing squad.  We have to compete with parachute payments and clubs with greater fan income.  Remember when Man City were relegated down to the third tier - there was never any doubt that they would rise again with such a magnificent fan following.  They deserved success - and I would love to see us deserve success. We  all have a part to play. Buy tickets, shirts, pies and a raffle ticket.  My regular pie consumption is a thing of legend - I look forward to pulling my weight again!! The club needs us to be consumers.

21 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

The mob will grumble without much encouragement but the club needs cash to develop the playing squad.  We have to compete with parachute payments and clubs with greater fan income.  

....and Barnsley. 

Let's try and do better than (the likes of) Barnsley, Millwall, Preston, Cardiff, QPR, Luton first. That'd be a start

32 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

The mob will grumble without much encouragement but the club needs cash to develop the playing squad.  We have to compete with parachute payments and clubs with greater fan income.  Remember when Man City were relegated down to the third tier - there was never any doubt that they would rise again with such a magnificent fan following.  They deserved success - and I would love to see us deserve success. We  all have a part to play. Buy tickets, shirts, pies and a raffle ticket.  My regular pie consumption is a thing of legend - I look forward to pulling my weight again!! The club needs us to be consumers.

We know the club need more fans, because more fans, means more revenue....just don’t get the correlation to level of fan moaning.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

We know the club need more fans, because more fans, means more revenue....just don’t get the correlation to level of fan moaning.

Theoretical fans who do not buy tickets, pies etc - but keep boasting on this forum that they will only support the club in a more practical sense if the club will come up to their expectations..... I guess these people are the ones who boo if we are not playing well.  It is not my idea of support - and the club simply needs enthusiasm and cash.  No cash and no enthusiasm is not (in my humble opinion) an exemplar of great support.  Disagree if you like, but the enthusiastic financial contributors are more valuable to the club - and therefore more valuable to the rest of the fans cheering on the team. Team effort.

10 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Bat, we are hardly Man City !!

Morning all, I renewed last night. 

I've (perhaps misguidedly) placed my faith in SLs statement of intent with NP. I don't think that, after pulling him in at short notice, he will be quick to let him go. The sticking point for me would be whether NPs plans are congruent to the movement (if true) of MA....if he stays I think NP will go. But, rain or shine, I am and always will be a Red.

SL if you by some twist of fate read this....please consider carefully the decisions you have to make over the next 24hrs....you will be (either wittingly or unwittingly) signalling your intent to your supporter base and the footballing world more broadly. 

21 hours ago, Harry said:

A perfect opportunity to exercise ‘Fan Power’. 
We have no manager for next season, a chairman seemingly moving to Bermuda, a CEO flirting with a club a league below us, an Owner looking to sell-up and currently only 14 pro-players contracted for next season. 
What a time for all fans, as a whole collective, to stand up and say “what’s going on - sort it out”. 

No one should renew until answers to all of the above are given. 
Yes, many of us will of course renew in the end, but it would be good if people could just hold off for a few weeks to at least show some sort of reaction to the shitshow we currently have. 

If you renew in the first 2 weeks, you are showing Steve that you are happy to accept anything. Just take a stance - even if only temporarily. 

post of the year

21 hours ago, Harry said:

A perfect opportunity to exercise ‘Fan Power’. 

I would love to think holding back my renewal would impact the club.

Problem is, assuming a player works say 25 hours a week, my ST fee is the sum total of 20 minutes wages for someone like Chris Brunt....

44 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

I would love to think holding back my renewal would impact the club.

Problem is, assuming a player works say 25 hours a week, my ST fee is the sum total of 20 minutes wages for someone like Chris Brunt....

If you don’t think your cash is important, why is football on its knees since fans haven’t been allowed in? 
Your money is more important than you think. 
As I said earlier, it likely won’t make a difference in the grand scheme of things, but it would’ve been nice for the fanbase to make their voice known. 
If you are happy to accept the limp-wristed mediocrity of the last 18 months then that’s cool - your call. I’d have thought making a stand against the shitshow would’ve been a good way of showing your feeling. 

Archived