IGNORED

Bristol City owner Steve Lansdown flies in to address major issues at Ashton Gate

chucky

I get an awful feeling the less than football savvy owner will let Nige go and get in yet another yes man.  Guess he will spend bulk of his time at Ashton Gate persuading MA to stay.  Worst of all worlds.  In near despair over how our club is being run.

2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I get an awful feeling the less than football savvy owner will let Nige go and get in yet another yes man.  Guess he will spend bulk of his time at Ashton Gate persuading MA to stay.  Worst of all worlds.  In near despair over how our club is being run.

Well that's cheered up my Monday. If that happens it will be melt down here.

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

Alternatively if he comes over and gets the deal done he might get a pleasant surprise on the season ticket renewals front? He surely cannot be so out of touch to think that people will rush to renew when there is further uncertainty over the next Manager.

6 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Alternatively if he comes over and gets the deal done he might get a pleasant surprise on the season ticket renewals front? He surely cannot be so out of touch to think that people will rush to renew when there is further uncertainty over the next Manager.

Let`s just wait and see shall we? There`s no point in jumping the gun and SL will be fully aware of the majority of supporters` views on NP.

Just now, Dastardly and Muttley said:

He’s got to get this done. Problem is, I have a nagging feeling that he doesn’t want NP.

He’ll have his eye set on a project, where he can claim that he’s spotted him and helped the development of a coach.

If we go up under NP, it’s Pearson’s success and no one else’s.

Unless anyone knows better, I'd imagine Pearson comes at a premium rate for this level. An up and comer would probably be half the price in salary and bonus. 

1 minute ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

He’s got to get this done. Problem is, I have a nagging feeling that he doesn’t want NP.

He’ll have his eye set on a project, where he can claim that he’s spotted him and helped the development of a coach.

If we go up under NP, it’s Pearson’s success and no one else’s.

It would be no more or less Pearson's success than it would be Mark Robins' or Michael Appleton's.

I can't believe that would be a factor.

20 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

You never miss an opportunity to go on the attack against SL and have been doing so for years,

What happened for this long standing grudge, did your pension investment go down, you did not get an interview for HL, you just don't like rich successful people or just a moaning old git

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Unless anyone knows better, I'd imagine Pearson comes at a premium rate for this level. An up and comer would probably be half the price in salary and bonus. 

The positive with that financially is that we have so many players ooc there is an opportunity to say you can have the higher salary and bonuses and your chosen staff BUT it means your squad will be three or four senior players less overall. Given we had a massive squad either long term sicknote or not performing anyway I can't see where shaving a few off will harm us, particularly if we replace deadwood with quality at a steady rate over the 4-6 windows he requires and given Pearson's apparent will to bring on and improve youngsters. A low cost youngster in window 1, lets use Sam Bell as an example, might well be coached into a bloody good Championship player by window 4. Might need to give him a rise/extension at that point but still relatively low cost and no transfer fee required. Increased management costs largely paid for by one player!!

15 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

probably wants to do some number crunching too,see how much an np squad might cost opposed to keeping some of the ooc

Yes, you’d kind of hope it’s a final sit down to:

- review the findings

- review plan to address findings

- if agreed, cost out the plan

then appoint NP.

If he doesn’t like the findings, god knows what next!

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

- review the findings

then appoint NP.

We are literally in a once in a generation scenario with many players out of contract and an experienced, proven Manager actually throwing his hat in the ring having already had a 6 week plus head start, knowledge wise, on the existing staff. It would be a crying shame if we aren't able to take advantage of that.

35 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

In despair?

How much evidence do you actually have of any of the above being factual rather than rumours in the monolith of media information out there that if you look hard enough you’ll find whatever you want?

12 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

You never miss an opportunity to go on the attack against SL and have been doing so for years,

What happened for this long standing grudge, did your pension investment go down, you did not get an interview for HL, you just don't like rich successful people or just a moaning old git

I expect it's because the team he supports hasn't made it to the Premiership. Only rational explanation.?

21 minutes ago, mozo said:

Pearson will be cheap, considering he's less likely to recruit utter dross. 

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

- review the findings

then appoint NP.

That's all fine and dandy Dave. But what if Steve doesn't want a manager that will spoil what we've achieved, like a culture of failure.

19 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I can't see why it makes any difference if Pearson is appointed longer term next week or if it has been done a week or 2 ago.

They seem to have a verbal agreement that they both want him to be longer term. And Pearson is building for next season in deciding who we should try and keep on and who to release. 

There might be some things still need sorting with the contract or agreeing on a few things with how to move the club forward. There might be a lot of changes Pearson wants to make in the back room staff and recruitment. There's the stuff with the CEO too to sort out.

Obviously Lansdown needs to be here and get things sorted and then hopefully the deal will be done before the end of the season.

Long term it doesn't matter, but in the short term the sooner the contract's signed the better. Getting the deal done will bring some stability and allow Pearson to actually put plans into practice as his future would be secure. The players also then have to respond as Pearson is then officially their boss for the foreseeable future, assuming they want a place in the team.

Plenty of STHs (myself included) are waiting for this situation to resolve before making a decision on renewals, giving Pearson a new deal and sorting out a few other contracts will help sell season tickets (and probably help shift some of the shirts that are sat in the megastore)

47 minutes ago, Superjack said:

It would be no more or less Pearson's success than it would be Mark Robins' or Michael Appleton's.

I can't believe that would be a factor.

At least with Ashton gone (?) we can hopefully allay fears of Appleton ever getting the job here!

30 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

I expect it's because the team he supports hasn't made it to the Premiership. Only rational explanation.?

1) It's Premier League (Premiership is Scotland)

2) Football existed before 1992 and so we have been in the Premier League under it's previous name, so if that's the rationale it's as bonkers as he is!! :)

Just now, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

So, then It's blackmailing the club or 'else'  time then, despite results being poor and NP's so far worst ever stint at a club. 

Okay then. 

(Have contacted the club regarding previous issues and also other lgbt fan groups before anyone screams hypocrisy) 

Really cannot buy in to the NP hype and as I've already mentioned seems like a Pulis style reign. 

Heck, Benny did better with the kids and that's when we were truly ballsed. 

Sorry? Not really sure how blackmail and LGBT groups have any relevance to what I said? I understand you're not a fan of Pearson so am a bit baffled why it's "blackmail" to wait and see who our manager is next season before renewing a season ticket, or have I misread what you've said?

I'm hoping that as SL went out and got NP in, in the first place, he will be very keen to retain his services. Just hope MA doesn't try and influence him otherwise. MA has already had his toes tread on when NP was appointed... and obviously sees him as a real threat to his "power"

Archived