IGNORED

Bristol City owner Steve Lansdown flies in to address major issues at Ashton Gate

chucky

5 hours ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

We've had an experienced manager, for 9 games, weve got worse, scored 1 goal in what was it, 5??

If players have downed yools, then surely the buck stops at the manager who's job it is to motivate them? 

Or, does Holden actually get more credit for getting results from the same players and worse injury problems. 

I suspect if Weimann andDa Silva had been fit, we would not be having these convos. 

didnt help that Fam retired after the transfer window shut

I still feel Pearson will be signed up and going by what Pearson has been saying the communication between the two has been good,It's just the case of meeting face to face to get this done,I feel that certain things have already been discussed to what needs changing and maybe Pearson has said to lansdown his concerns on several things,Can lansdown afford not to listen to him? The popularity of Pearson with fans lansdown cant drop a bollock on this one, I bloody hope not any way ?

3 minutes ago, Street red said:

I still feel Pearson will be signed up and going by what Pearson has been saying the communication between the two has been good,It's just the case of meeting face to face to get this done,I feel that certain things have already been discussed to what needs changing and maybe Pearson has said to lansdown his concerns on several things,Can lansdown afford not to listen to him? The popularity of Pearson with fans lansdown cant drop a bollock on this one, I bloody hope not any way ?

I think the vast majority of the fan base want Nige on a long term contract. We have been crying out for an appointment like this for a long time, a man who has been there and done it and has standards and morals that he will enforce on the players.

I truly dread to imagine what would happen if SL chooses a different path, the fan base will rebel at the appointment of an Appleton or Robins type.

37 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

In which case why is steve flying over at the earliest possible opportunity to meet him face to face. Pearson has tremendous good will from the fan base, but if he gets it permanently and we get to christmas next year with the same form that hes currently responsible for, that good will would be long gone.

Do we actually know that for sure?  Or do we rely on websites like this, or the Sun, or whatever?  We normally have our “plane spotters” confirming flights?  He might be on his way....it is 10 days since he told 3Ps pod he wanted to meet NP face to face (within a couple / few weeks, so within that timeframe).  Having read Covid travel rules for Guernsey I believe if he was really worried he’d have been over by now, using business travel as an excuse.  If he wanted to get rid of NP, why not do it the easy way, over Zoom, or get his CEO to do it.  I’ll happily say I got the situation wrong if he’s flown over today / tomorrow to sack him / tell him he’s not staying beyond this season.

I struggle with comments like in bold above.  I’ve tried to write this a few different ways and failed miserably, so it won’t come across right, so apologies in advance.  Why try to predict the future to justify the your stance now?  Can’t you see the situation he’s arrived in is completely different to a normal appointment after a sacking?  He’s taken over a side on a rapid slide (that’s normal for a sacking admittedly), with a squad knowing they won’t be offered a contract til later in the season.  The contract situation is a cluster#### of a strategy and shows unbelievable naivety.  It’s not his staff, it’s not his players, etc.  That’s massively different to even when Holden took over last season.  He’s quickly steered us away from a relegation fight, yes, we’re not mathematically safe, but we will be in the Championship next season.  He’s done that whilst seeing the whites of certain players eyes.  He’s rumbled some of them.  He’s given himself opportunity to see many players in a City shirt, to assess the situation fully.  I think he deserves a lot of credit for that.

Next season expectations are a complete unknown.  Much will depend on what scope he has to keep the existing players, re-contract any current players he wants to keep and who he can recruit, including staff too.

Some people’s views on NP have changed because of the DS signing.  I have no problem with that rationale, that is each person’s prerogative.  But I think some posters have used that as a stick to beat on what NP has done since he arrived.

30 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Nige is not responsible for the current form - he’s inherited a poorly recruited and poorly motivated squad but has nevertheless done the job that SL wanted - to keep us the Championship.

I really hope they can come to an agreement.

Yep....He has turned the form of a team that had lost 6 league games on the trot (7 losses in all comps) that could’ve got embroiled in a relegation scrap into a team that is safe (yeah yeah, not mathematically) with 5 games to go.

13 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Loads didn't renew because of covid though. Covid started in March.

The point I’m trying to make is that there are plenty of reasons to not buy a SC for next season.  Anyone unsure might see a positive managerial appointment as the reason to go for it.  There will be a lot of apathy if Pearson isn’t appointed.  There are also gonna be some who can’t afford it either.  I’m surprised the club haven’t been more creative in the SC offering.

With Ashton gone, allegedly, and Jon stuck abroad, Steve has to come in to sort things out. Maybe he will confirm Nigel, appoint a new CEO, talk to the players , and tidy Jons lego for all we know. At least something is going to happen, and happen soon. Bring it on Steve.

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Do we actually know that for sure?  Or do we rely on websites like this, or the Sun, or whatever?  We normally have our “plane spotters” confirming flights?  He might be on his way....it is 10 days since he told 3Ps pod he wanted to meet NP face to face (within a couple / few weeks, so within that timeframe).  Having read Covid travel rules for Guernsey I believe if he was really worried he’d have been over by now, using business travel as an excuse.  If he wanted to get rid of NP, why not do it the easy way, over Zoom, or get his CEO to do it.  I’ll happily say I got the situation wrong if he’s flown over today / tomorrow to sack him / tell him he’s not staying beyond this season.

I struggle with comments like in bold above.  I’ve tried to write this a few different ways and failed miserably, so it won’t come across right, so apologies in advance.  Why try to predict the future to justify the your stance now?  Can’t you see the situation he’s arrived in is completely different to a normal appointment after a sacking?  He’s taken over a side on a rapid slide (that’s normal for a sacking admittedly), with a squad knowing they won’t be offered a contract til later in the season.  The contract situation is a cluster#### of a strategy and shows unbelievable naivety.  It’s not his staff, it’s not his players, etc.  That’s massively different to even when Holden took over last season.  He’s quickly steered us away from a relegation fight, yes, we’re not mathematically safe, but we will be in the Championship next season.  He’s done that whilst seeing the whites of certain players eyes.  He’s rumbled some of them.  He’s given himself opportunity to see many players in a City shirt, to assess the situation fully.  I think he deserves a lot of credit for that.

Next season expectations are a complete unknown.  Much will depend on what scope he has to keep the existing players, re-contract any current players he wants to keep and who he can recruit, including staff too.

Some people’s views on NP have changed because of the DS signing.  I have no problem with that rationale, that is each person’s prerogative.  But I think some posters have used that as a stick to beat on what NP has done since he arrived.

Yep....He has turned the form of a team that had lost 6 league games on the trot (7 losses in all comps) that could’ve got embroiled in a relegation scrap into a team that is safe (yeah yeah, not mathematically) with 5 games to go.

The point I’m trying to make is that there are plenty of reasons to not buy a SC for next season.  Anyone unsure might see a positive managerial appointment as the reason to go for it.  There will be a lot of apathy if Pearson isn’t appointed.  There are also gonna be some who can’t afford it either.  I’m surprised the club haven’t been more creative in the SC offering.

Thought I’d have a look! I don’t have a clue as to how SL travels from Guernsey but there was this flight to Bristol at about 9.20am this morning so perhaps....

28FBB881-BCED-47F4-92DD-6DDEAF16E83F.thumb.png.b86a938836354bf631843c11f0773ae4.png

4 minutes ago, eardun said:

Thought I’d have a look! I don’t have a clue as to how SL travels from Guernsey but there was this flight to Bristol at about 9.20am this morning so perhaps....

28FBB881-BCED-47F4-92DD-6DDEAF16E83F.thumb.png.b86a938836354bf631843c11f0773ae4.png

N-NUMBER ENTERED: 1023X
AIRCRAFT DESCRIPTION
Serial Number    28-7510074    Status    Valid
Manufacturer Name    PIPER    Certificate Issue Date    11/23/2020
Model    PA-28-235    Expiration Date    11/30/2023
Type Aircraft    Fixed Wing Single-Engine    Type Engine    Reciprocating
Pending Number Change    None    Dealer    No
Date Change Authorized    None    Mode S Code (base 8 / Oct)    50007371
MFR Year    1975    Mode S Code (Base 16 / Hex)    A00EF9
Type Registration    Individual    Fractional Owner    NO
REGISTERED OWNER
Name    HUGHES FRANK H
Street    213 JOHNNY BENOIT RD
City    HACKBERRY    State    LOUISIANA
County    CAMERON    Zip Code    70645-3806
Country    UNITED STATES
AIRWORTHINESS
Type Certificate Data Sheet    None    Type Certificate Holder    None
Engine Manufacturer    LYCOMING    Classification    Standard
Engine Model    0-540 SERIES    Category    Normal
A/W Date    04/14/1975    Exception Code    No
The information contained in this record should be the most current Airworthiness information available in the historical aircraft record. However, this data alone does not provide the basis for a determination regarding the
airworthiness of an aircraft or the current aircraft configuration. For specific information, you may request a copy of the aircraft record at http://aircraft.faa.gov/e.gov/ND/
OTHER OWNER NAMES
None
TEMPORARY CERTIFICATES
None
FUEL MODIFICATIONS
None
DEREGISTERED AIRCRAFT
None
D O T Triskelion
U.S. Department of Transportation

Federal Aviation Administration

800 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, DC 20591

(866) TELL-FAA | (866) 835-5322

Privacy Policy.

2 minutes ago, reddoh said:

N-NUMBER ENTERED: 1023X
AIRCRAFT DESCRIPTION
Serial Number    28-7510074    Status    Valid
Manufacturer Name    PIPER    Certificate Issue Date    11/23/2020
Model    PA-28-235    Expiration Date    11/30/2023
Type Aircraft    Fixed Wing Single-Engine    Type Engine    Reciprocating
Pending Number Change    None    Dealer    No
Date Change Authorized    None    Mode S Code (base 8 / Oct)    50007371
MFR Year    1975    Mode S Code (Base 16 / Hex)    A00EF9
Type Registration    Individual    Fractional Owner    NO
REGISTERED OWNER
Name    HUGHES FRANK H
Street    213 JOHNNY BENOIT RD
City    HACKBERRY    State    LOUISIANA
County    CAMERON    Zip Code    70645-3806
Country    UNITED STATES
AIRWORTHINESS
Type Certificate Data Sheet    None    Type Certificate Holder    None
Engine Manufacturer    LYCOMING    Classification    Standard
Engine Model    0-540 SERIES    Category    Normal
A/W Date    04/14/1975    Exception Code    No
The information contained in this record should be the most current Airworthiness information available in the historical aircraft record. However, this data alone does not provide the basis for a determination regarding the
airworthiness of an aircraft or the current aircraft configuration. For specific information, you may request a copy of the aircraft record at http://aircraft.faa.gov/e.gov/ND/
OTHER OWNER NAMES
None
TEMPORARY CERTIFICATES
None
FUEL MODIFICATIONS
None
DEREGISTERED AIRCRAFT
None
D O T Triskelion
U.S. Department of Transportation

Federal Aviation Administration

800 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, DC 20591

(866) TELL-FAA | (866) 835-5322

Privacy Policy.

Is that our new American investor?!!

9 minutes ago, eardun said:

I'm sure SL's plane is G-PULA and is a Dassault Centreline aircraft.
That thing you've found looks like the kite that Emiliano Sala went down in! I think Steve can do a bit better than that!!! ?

My thoughts on why SL wouldn’t sign Pearson. 

A) Is Shakespeare coming with you? 
No? Ok, thanks for your time, we’ll move on. 

B) Is Steve Walsh coming with you? 

C) Are you wishing to completely overhaul the backroom staff & medical department?  
Yes. Sorry, too expensive. Let’s move on. 

Not saying any of that will or won’t happen, but if SL is doing his due diligence he’ll recognise that Pearson will have more success if Shakespeare and Walsh are alongside him, and he’ll realise that if the backroom needs a do-over, this could be a very expensive move. 

14 minutes ago, eardun said:

Not saying he didn't arrive today, but I believe Lansdown's private jet is a bit more impressive than the one pictured here. It's a jet, for starters.

19 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Don't have to be honest, it's only Otibs 

You can't be pulling the wool over GrahamC's eyes!

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Well either lots of people have been done a dud and Ashton isn’t going, or the rumours are true and Ashton leaving statement is coming early tomorrow 

Just heard same just now - announcing Ashton leaving tomorrow.

Also that SL has told NP that if he still wants the job, it’s his....announcement not tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Just heard same just now - announcing Ashton leaving tomorrow.

Also that SL has told NP that if he still wants the job, it’s his....announcement not tomorrow.

It's my birthday tomorrow.

What am I going to tell my partner when she asks what my best gift was after I open hers...

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Because he hasn't actually met him yet, Steve himself talked about the importance of talking to people face to face rather than zoom. If they agree on everything over the next few days about moving forwards why wait longer? There are many factors why the current form shouldn't be a big mark against Pearson.

Also as to why Steve's flying over at the first possible chance, because he hasn't been able to come over for a year, he hasn't yet seen the new training ground in person and to probably meet other people such as Ashton if the situation with him is as believed. So it won't just be for Pearson that he's flying over.

If MA is going then SL will  want to get him up on the Lansdown Stand Roof  so he can kick him off!

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

My thoughts on why SL wouldn’t sign Pearson. 

A) Is Shakespeare coming with you? 

B) Is Steve Walsh coming with you? 

C) Are you wishing to completely overhaul the backroom staff & medical department?  
Yes. Sorry, too expensive. Let’s move on. 

Not saying any of that will or won’t happen, but if SL is doing his due diligence he’ll recognise that Pearson will have more success if Shakespeare and Walsh are alongside him, and he’ll realise that if the backroom needs a do-over, this could be a very expensive move. 

Which begs the question... Why bring NP here in the first place?

SL didn’t honestly think this was all going to click with the existing staff, who were complete strangers to one another...

I know we’ve been badly run of late, but I don’t think SL would be that naive. I’d like to think that when Steve brought in Nige, he had a long term plan at the back of his mind.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

He might have said that, but pretty sure it has been rumoured we made contact with 5 people on the Sunday to see if they were interested & Pearson was one of the 2 who said that they were.

That was to see if they were interested in meeting up with SL for a drink outside Ashton Gate - to fit within the Covid rule of 6!

Archived