IGNORED

Bristol City owner Steve Lansdown flies in to address major issues at Ashton Gate

chucky

2 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

We all know it's Steve's decision but I think it would look a bit odd if the club Chairman was out of the country when a decision as big as this was announced. It would almost be a public acknowledgement of Jon Boy's irrelevance, imho, and I don't think the owner would want to hang his own son out to dry like that. Just my gut feeling, though, nothing more. 

Doesn’t Jon have to quarantine for 10 days first ?

11 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Doesn’t Jon have to quarantine for 10 days first ?

You can pay for a private test after 5 days to get early release. Having arrived today, he can’t test until Monday. Results possibly Tuesday. Back to work Wednesday. Manager announcement Friday I reckon. 

I fully expect SL to ensure a thoroughly and detailed process is undertaken over a couple of months to identify the roles required and the right candidates appointed to those roles that are able  take the club to the next level.

The reality is we’ll probably take 2 months over the appointments only to discover, as if by magic that the perfect candidate was hiding in a broom cabinet at Ashton Gate all along. 

11 hours ago, Calculus said:

Is JL seriously relevant to this decision? I know that he's nominally the Chairman but it seems that only one man will be making this call.

Well, he should be. Everyone's lost their s**t about MA, but the real issue at the top table may well be JL.

On 14/04/2021 at 05:30, glos old boy said:

Next;

1. NP or not NP ? and for how long.
  2. Injuries; poor training, to much/to little or rubbish trainers/medical team.
  3. MA replacement
  4. Just how much IS required to build a promo chasing squad/team.
  5. Is my son ever coming back from hols.

6. Is my son fit for purpose as the Chairman.

2 hours ago, Rich_s said:

I fully expect SL to ensure a thoroughly and detailed process is undertaken over a couple of months to identify the roles required and the right candidates appointed to those roles that are able  take the club to the next level.

The reality is we’ll probably take 2 months over the appointments only to discover, as if by magic that the perfect candidate was hiding in a broom cabinet at Ashton Gate all along. 

It'll be henry the mild mannered janitor.... 

1 hour ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Jon always comes across to be a really lovely, decent bloke - as is Steve. I personally feel very lucky to have them at the club. There has and will always be a lot worse out there!

It seems that lovely decent blokes abound at our club. Holden was one of those total unfit for the job but a lovely bloke. Now we have Jon who is another. But again what does he bring to the party. His reign as Chairman has seen a number of major issues developing and his Dad has had to come out of exile to sort them out. What does he do. I would rather have people running the club based  on  their ability and being able to do the job.

1 hour ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Jon always comes across to be a really lovely, decent bloke - as is Steve. I personally feel very lucky to have them at the club. There has and will always be a lot worse out there!

I fundamentally agree.

This club would be going nowhere without them. However on the field they have been the architect of their own downfall. The decisions made in football activity have not come off that is indisputable. The majority shareholder has taken a my money my choice approach which he is entitled to do, so carries his share of the blame for where we are and his share of the losses on football activity. 

Either way I love the bloke, he has done what he thinks is best and put his money in! 

2 hours ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

I don’t doubt that they are ‘’lovely’’ and ‘’decent’’ but those qualities alone are not enough to run a successful football club.

I hope and pray that Steve has now seen the light and is prepared to get in the proven experience that we need to take us to the next level. A Pearson and Walsh combination that is given time would be IMO the best single decision that Lansdown has ever made at the football club.

SL should get NP appointed asap but it seems a bit like the Holden appointment - the longer the process took, the more likely that Hughton and others weren't going to get the job.

I hope this doesn't drag out in the same way with a similar ending.

2 hours ago, archie andrews said:

It'll be henry the mild mannered janitor.... 

I only found out a month ago that it was ‘Penry’ not ‘Henry’

I’ve just recovered from the shock.  If I’ve got Hong Kong Phooey wrong, where does that leave my other childhood favourites!

10 minutes ago, General Zod said:

I’ve just recovered from the shock.  If I’ve got Hong Kong Phooey wrong, where does that leave my other childhood favourites!

Penrod Pooch to give him his full name.

25 minutes ago, General Zod said:

Christ! I never knew that, either. FFS! 

Pearson has not yet met with Steve Lansdown

"We talk regularly, but not face-to-face.

As I’ve pointed out a few times already, that is to do with travel restrictions. Steve is a resident in Guernsey and they are being very careful to ensure that they remain as COVID free as possible.

Likewise, we can’t just dismiss what the travel regulations are. There is an element of being patient, and that’s just where we are.

Yes, we’ve spoken about meeting as soon as it’s possible, but of course then it will be determined by the best way of doing that, and the best place to do that.

It’s something I cannot disclose at the moment because I don’t know."

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-press-conference-live-5302438

"Ravenscroft has named Dominic Jones as its new non-executive chairman, with Hargreaves Lansdown co-founder Stephen Lansdown set to retire from the board after the firm's 24 June AGM.

Lansdown, who first became a shareholder of Ravenscroft in December 2012, is stepping down to concentrate on his Bristol-based sporting interests, African conservation work and to spend time with his family."

Looks like he's going to be more involved from now on?

Full article: https://www.investmentweek.co.uk/news/4029292/ravenscroft-names-exec-chair-stephen-lansdown-retires-board?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=referral#tblciGiCCKZ05uCGUvXgK2rQVBeVJ8MUaUkyBNbGnP4Skx0OrjSDWjT0o1YO3zteEo4BC

3 minutes ago, bcfcbulgaria said:

"Ravenscroft has named Dominic Jones as its new non-executive chairman, with Hargreaves Lansdown co-founder Stephen Lansdown set to retire from the board after the firm's 24 June AGM.

Lansdown, who first became a shareholder of Ravenscroft in December 2012, is stepping down to concentrate on his Bristol-based sporting interests, African conservation work and to spend time with his family."

Looks like he's going to be more involved from now on?

Full article: https://www.investmentweek.co.uk/news/4029292/ravenscroft-names-exec-chair-stephen-lansdown-retires-board?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=referral#tblciGiCCKZ05uCGUvXgK2rQVBeVJ8MUaUkyBNbGnP4Skx0OrjSDWjT0o1YO3zteEo4BC

Or the sporting quarter is kicking on

I thought SlL was in Bristol ?           So Ii have got it completely wrong/?  With Nige talking about travel restrictions with travel from Guernsey, and stating the fact that he has still not met SL face to face, at today's the Press Conference.......... I had somehow assumed that SL was now here, due to the Ashton situation? but No I am wrong,, and the saga continues.      .

13 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I thought SlL was in Bristol ?           So Ii have got it completely wrong/?  With Nige talking about travel restrictions with travel from Guernsey, and stating the fact that he has still not met SL face to face, at today's the Press Conference.......... I had somehow assumed that SL was now here, due to the Ashton situation? but No I am wrong,, and the saga continues.      .

Does he have to quarantine coming from Guernsey ? If so he may be here but no meetings yet

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

1 hour ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Does he have to quarantine coming from Guernsey ? If so he may be here but no meetings yet

The only jets of his that have flown this week both landed in Bristol yesterday evening. 
One from Guernsey, one from Bermuda. 
They’ll have to quarantine for 10 days but can apply for an early release test on day 5. 
So presuming this was both JL & SL arriving, they can take a private test on Monday and if cleared they can then start face to face meetings. 

Interestingly, Steve’s plane, before picking him up, hopped off to Warsaw for 3 hours earlier the same day. Dziekanowski coming in as assistant manager maybe?? 

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

The only jets of his that have flown this week both landed in Bristol yesterday evening. 
They’ll have to quarantine for 10 days but can apply for an early release test on day 5. 
So presuming this was both JL & SL arriving, they can take a private test on Monday and if cleared they can then start face to face meetings. 

Interestingly, Steve’s plane, before picking him up, hopped off to Warsaw for 3 hours earlier the same day. Dziekanowski coming in as assistant manager maybe?? 

Is quarantine a necessity travelling from Guernsey ?

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Top stalking!

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Is quarantine a necessity travelling from Guernsey ?

Wonder if the issue is more at the Guernsey end, i.e. that SL would have to go into isolation on return to Guernsey (assuming the rules below apply to Guernsey residents as well). Sounds like there may be a relaxation of the Guernsey rules on 30 April.

“On and after 22 March 2021, you no longer need to apply for an essential travel permit prior to arrival in the Bailiwick.

Anyone wishing to travel between 22 March 2021 and 30 April 2021 will currently be subject to a mandatory 14 days of self-isolation on arrival in the Bailiwick.

Non-essential travel on or after 30 April 2021 will be subject to border controls based on country/region categorisations. These will determine the self-isolation requirements. 

If you are travelling from an areas with very low prevalence rates of COVID-19 this could mean that you are required to provide a test on or before arrival and be subject to passive follow up restrictions until you get another negative test result after a test on day 7.”

https://covid19.gov.gg/guidance/stagethree

Archived