IGNORED

Bristol City owner Steve Lansdown flies in to address major issues at Ashton Gate

chucky

11 hours ago, General Zod said:

I only found out a month ago that it was ‘Penry’ not ‘Henry’

I’ve just recovered from the shock.  If I’ve got Hong Kong Phooey wrong, where does that leave my other childhood favourites!

****!Going to have to see my tattooist for a makeover.

Surely now the Ipswich deal and MA moving over, Steve has come to get the new blood in through the doors and old out.

He would have known that MA was part of the negotiations for this deal and you would imagine has a replacement already lined up. He needs to confirm NP and be here for a orderly transfer for all the employees.

If that is not the case, the do we seriously have MA still recruiting for us... It would seem a large conflict of interest. I personally wouldn't want a outgoing employee negotiating contracts, or feelers out for players. It is just asking for problems.

27 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Surely now the Ipswich deal and MA moving over, Steve has come to get the new blood in through the doors and old out.

He would have known that MA was part of the negotiations for this deal and you would imagine has a replacement already lined up. He needs to confirm NP and be here for a orderly transfer for all the employees.

If that is not the case, the do we seriously have MA still recruiting for us... It would seem a large conflict of interest. I personally wouldn't want a outgoing employee negotiating contracts, or feelers out for players. It is just asking for problems.

He'll be gone already, just on "gardening leave" until he officially steps down.

18 hours ago, General Zod said:

I’ve just recovered from the shock.  If I’ve got Hong Kong Phooey wrong, where does that leave my other childhood favourites!

In tatters....

19 hours ago, General Zod said:

Same with me when I realised that the stories about Roger the Cabin Boy, Master Bates and Seaman Stains in Captain Pugwash were all a myth too.

On a more serious note though, and apologies if this has been mentioned before, but I am wondering if the whole CEO role will now be incorporated under the Bristol Sport umbrella?  The ground is developed, as is the training ground and the as we are regularly informed, the infrastructure is there for a Premier League side.  With the Bears being pretty much up there with the best in England/Europe now and work to be done on the sports village, now might be the time to make the Bristol Sport CEO job/salary bigger with the sporting interests underneath run entirely by operational management.

Just a thought...

On 15/04/2021 at 11:18, bris red said:

I don’t doubt that they are ‘’lovely’’ and ‘’decent’’ but those qualities alone are not enough to run a successful football club.

I hope and pray that Steve has now seen the light and is prepared to get in the proven experience that we need to take us to the next level. A Pearson and Walsh combination that is given time would be IMO the best single decision that Lansdown has ever made at the football club.

I've got no objection to JL on the board per se.  What I think is if you're going to have the owner's son as chairman, get some people with proven football experience on the board. Doug Harman was a very high-powered businessman, but not in anything to do with sport. Get in some experience, to help out the decision-making process with practical knowledge.

30 minutes ago, marmite said:

Sorry to bump this but has the meeting between SL and NP face to face taken place yet or have I missed it.

By my calcs, they arrived last Wednesday. They’d have been able to take private test on Monday, and once cleared they could come out of quarantine. 
I’d guess the test results would’ve come back Tuesday, but Nige would’ve travelled Tuesday and then returned last night. 
So, potentially today could be the day, assuming the players have a day off after the game so Nige is free. 

At least, you’d hope today is the day. If it goes on any longer it becomes an absolute joke. 

23 minutes ago, Harry said:

By my calcs, they arrived last Wednesday. They’d have been able to take private test on Monday, and once cleared they could come out of quarantine. 
I’d guess the test results would’ve come back Tuesday, but Nige would’ve travelled Tuesday and then returned last night. 
So, potentially today could be the day, assuming the players have a day off after the game so Nige is free. 

At least, you’d hope today is the day. If it goes on any longer it becomes an absolute joke. 

I can just imagine him standing outside SL's office, looking a bit sheepish

There is  a piece that merely reiterates what is being said on OTIB....nothing new or insightful.  Then there are a load of comments, which again more or less mirror the same views that are on here.......Including the  classic  :"We were better under Holden|"  mantra.  So nothing of note to see or enlighten IMHO. 

As has been said elsewhere, is all this delay about new investors coming into the club, and who they might want as manager.

It might explain why NP was on a short contract to start with. Why nothing else, as far as we know, has been offered, and why Ashton jumped ship when he did.

Just a thought.

I got this from a reliable source but make of it what you will. Apparently Steve Lansdown did fly in last week to address the major issues at Ashton Gate, and this was all sorted then. Toby Osborne is now presenting Robins TV and Peter Trego will never be allowed on again.

3 minutes ago, Olé said:

I got this from a reliable source but make of it what you will. Apparently Steve Lansdown did fly in last week to address the major issues at Ashton Gate, and this was all sorted then. Toby Osborne is now presenting Robins TV and Peter Trego will never be allowed on again.

Hurrah.

We can now all get back to normal. 

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

"Bristol Live asked the club for comment but none was given."

Who did they ask, the tea lady...?! There's nobody with any clout.

How this slimy *** is still around the club is beyond me. Lansdown has lost the plot.

Archived