Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Bristol City owner Steve Lansdown flies in to address major issues at Ashton Gate

2 hours ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Jon always comes across to be a really lovely, decent bloke - as is Steve. I personally feel very lucky to have them at the club. There has and will always be a lot worse out there!

I don’t doubt that they are ‘’lovely’’ and ‘’decent’’ but those qualities alone are not enough to run a successful football club.

I hope and pray that Steve has now seen the light and is prepared to get in the proven experience that we need to take us to the next level. A Pearson and Walsh combination that is given time would be IMO the best single decision that Lansdown has ever made at the football club.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

SL should get NP appointed asap but it seems a bit like the Holden appointment - the longer the process took, the more likely that Hughton and others weren't going to get the job.

I hope this doesn't drag out in the same way with a similar ending.

2 hours ago, archie andrews said:

It'll be henry the mild mannered janitor.... 

I only found out a month ago that it was ‘Penry’ not ‘Henry’

I’ve just recovered from the shock.  If I’ve got Hong Kong Phooey wrong, where does that leave my other childhood favourites!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
10 minutes ago, General Zod said:

I’ve just recovered from the shock.  If I’ve got Hong Kong Phooey wrong, where does that leave my other childhood favourites!

Penrod Pooch to give him his full name.

25 minutes ago, General Zod said:

Christ! I never knew that, either. FFS! 

• Haha 1

Pearson has not yet met with Steve Lansdown

"We talk regularly, but not face-to-face.

As I’ve pointed out a few times already, that is to do with travel restrictions. Steve is a resident in Guernsey and they are being very careful to ensure that they remain as COVID free as possible.

Likewise, we can’t just dismiss what the travel regulations are. There is an element of being patient, and that’s just where we are.

Yes, we’ve spoken about meeting as soon as it’s possible, but of course then it will be determined by the best way of doing that, and the best place to do that.

It’s something I cannot disclose at the moment because I don’t know."

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-press-conference-live-5302438

• Thanks 1

"Ravenscroft has named Dominic Jones as its new non-executive chairman, with Hargreaves Lansdown co-founder Stephen Lansdown set to retire from the board after the firm's 24 June AGM.

Lansdown, who first became a shareholder of Ravenscroft in December 2012, is stepping down to concentrate on his Bristol-based sporting interests, African conservation work and to spend time with his family."

Looks like he's going to be more involved from now on?

Full article: https://www.investmentweek.co.uk/news/4029292/ravenscroft-names-exec-chair-stephen-lansdown-retires-board?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=referral#tblciGiCCKZ05uCGUvXgK2rQVBeVJ8MUaUkyBNbGnP4Skx0OrjSDWjT0o1YO3zteEo4BC

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, bcfcbulgaria said:

"Ravenscroft has named Dominic Jones as its new non-executive chairman, with Hargreaves Lansdown co-founder Stephen Lansdown set to retire from the board after the firm's 24 June AGM.

Lansdown, who first became a shareholder of Ravenscroft in December 2012, is stepping down to concentrate on his Bristol-based sporting interests, African conservation work and to spend time with his family."

Looks like he's going to be more involved from now on?

Full article: https://www.investmentweek.co.uk/news/4029292/ravenscroft-names-exec-chair-stephen-lansdown-retires-board?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=referral#tblciGiCCKZ05uCGUvXgK2rQVBeVJ8MUaUkyBNbGnP4Skx0OrjSDWjT0o1YO3zteEo4BC

Or the sporting quarter is kicking on

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 2

I thought SlL was in Bristol ?           So Ii have got it completely wrong/?  With Nige talking about travel restrictions with travel from Guernsey, and stating the fact that he has still not met SL face to face, at today's the Press Conference.......... I had somehow assumed that SL was now here, due to the Ashton situation? but No I am wrong,, and the saga continues.      .

13 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I thought SlL was in Bristol ?           So Ii have got it completely wrong/?  With Nige talking about travel restrictions with travel from Guernsey, and stating the fact that he has still not met SL face to face, at today's the Press Conference.......... I had somehow assumed that SL was now here, due to the Ashton situation? but No I am wrong,, and the saga continues.      .

Does he have to quarantine coming from Guernsey ? If so he may be here but no meetings yet

• Like 2
1 hour ago, maxjak said:

1 hour ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Does he have to quarantine coming from Guernsey ? If so he may be here but no meetings yet

The only jets of his that have flown this week both landed in Bristol yesterday evening. 
One from Guernsey, one from Bermuda. 
They’ll have to quarantine for 10 days but can apply for an early release test on day 5. 
So presuming this was both JL & SL arriving, they can take a private test on Monday and if cleared they can then start face to face meetings. 

Interestingly, Steve’s plane, before picking him up, hopped off to Warsaw for 3 hours earlier the same day. Dziekanowski coming in as assistant manager maybe?? 

• Haha 5
  • Flames 1
6 minutes ago, Harry said:

The only jets of his that have flown this week both landed in Bristol yesterday evening. 
They’ll have to quarantine for 10 days but can apply for an early release test on day 5. 
So presuming this was both JL & SL arriving, they can take a private test on Monday and if cleared they can then start face to face meetings. 

Interestingly, Steve’s plane, before picking him up, hopped off to Warsaw for 3 hours earlier the same day. Dziekanowski coming in as assistant manager maybe?? 

Is quarantine a necessity travelling from Guernsey ?

14 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Not according to this 

https://covid19.gov.gg/faqs/uk-governments-covid-19-border-restrictions-and-how-they-apply-bailiwick-guernsey-residents/am

If it is JL as well then he may be staying in quarantine with him as he will have to. 

Edited by RedorDead BCFC
2 hours ago, Harry said:

Top stalking!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Wonder if the issue is more at the Guernsey end, i.e. that SL would have to go into isolation on return to Guernsey (assuming the rules below apply to Guernsey residents as well). Sounds like there may be a relaxation of the Guernsey rules on 30 April.

“On and after 22 March 2021, you no longer need to apply for an essential travel permit prior to arrival in the Bailiwick.

Anyone wishing to travel between 22 March 2021 and 30 April 2021 will currently be subject to a mandatory 14 days of self-isolation on arrival in the Bailiwick.

Non-essential travel on or after 30 April 2021 will be subject to border controls based on country/region categorisations. These will determine the self-isolation requirements. 

If you are travelling from an areas with very low prevalence rates of COVID-19 this could mean that you are required to provide a test on or before arrival and be subject to passive follow up restrictions until you get another negative test result after a test on day 7.”

https://covid19.gov.gg/guidance/stagethree

11 hours ago, General Zod said:

****!Going to have to see my tattooist for a makeover.

• Haha 1

Surely now the Ipswich deal and MA moving over, Steve has come to get the new blood in through the doors and old out.

He would have known that MA was part of the negotiations for this deal and you would imagine has a replacement already lined up. He needs to confirm NP and be here for a orderly transfer for all the employees.

If that is not the case, the do we seriously have MA still recruiting for us... It would seem a large conflict of interest. I personally wouldn't want a outgoing employee negotiating contracts, or feelers out for players. It is just asking for problems.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Surely now the Ipswich deal and MA moving over, Steve has come to get the new blood in through the doors and old out.

He would have known that MA was part of the negotiations for this deal and you would imagine has a replacement already lined up. He needs to confirm NP and be here for a orderly transfer for all the employees.

If that is not the case, the do we seriously have MA still recruiting for us... It would seem a large conflict of interest. I personally wouldn't want a outgoing employee negotiating contracts, or feelers out for players. It is just asking for problems.

He'll be gone already, just on "gardening leave" until he officially steps down.

18 hours ago, General Zod said:

In tatters....

19 hours ago, General Zod said:

Same with me when I realised that the stories about Roger the Cabin Boy, Master Bates and Seaman Stains in Captain Pugwash were all a myth too.

On a more serious note though, and apologies if this has been mentioned before, but I am wondering if the whole CEO role will now be incorporated under the Bristol Sport umbrella?  The ground is developed, as is the training ground and the as we are regularly informed, the infrastructure is there for a Premier League side.  With the Bears being pretty much up there with the best in England/Europe now and work to be done on the sports village, now might be the time to make the Bristol Sport CEO job/salary bigger with the sporting interests underneath run entirely by operational management.

Just a thought...

• Hmmm 1
On 15/04/2021 at 11:18, bris red said:

I don’t doubt that they are ‘’lovely’’ and ‘’decent’’ but those qualities alone are not enough to run a successful football club.

I hope and pray that Steve has now seen the light and is prepared to get in the proven experience that we need to take us to the next level. A Pearson and Walsh combination that is given time would be IMO the best single decision that Lansdown has ever made at the football club.

I've got no objection to JL on the board per se.  What I think is if you're going to have the owner's son as chairman, get some people with proven football experience on the board. Doug Harman was a very high-powered businessman, but not in anything to do with sport. Get in some experience, to help out the decision-making process with practical knowledge.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1
2 minutes ago, marmite said:

Sorry to bump this but has the meeting between SL and NP face to face taken place yet or have I missed it.

It hadn't as of Tuesday when Pearson was asked about it, and yesterday was a matchday.