IGNORED

Bristol City owner Steve Lansdown flies in to address major issues at Ashton Gate

chucky

2 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Ashton not put on gardening leave because Bristol City have no-one else who could do the job in his absence, according to the Post.

And why's that?

Because there's no meaningful board of directors any more. And who decided that?

You reap what you sow.  

I try not to routinely slag off Gregor because I believe he is looking to provide a service, but it is a pretty crap article in truth.

I know they need the club for stories but he needs to get off the fence here, it is unarguably a conflict of interest & he should have cleared his desk as soon as it was confirmed.

The bit about Ashton being seen as a vital cog is hilarious, especially quoting the Lansbury appeal there, too.

This is ******* basic admin, an office junior can send an email!

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I try not to routinely slag off Gregor because I believe he is looking to provide a service, but it is a pretty crap article in truth.

I know they need the club for stories but he needs to get off the fence here, it is unarguably a conflict of interest & he should have cleared his desk as soon as it was confirmed.

The bit about Ashton being seen as a vital cog is hilarious, especially quoting the Lansbury appeal there, too.

Werhun is the office junior....just has Head of Operations on his job title ???

I’m such a grass aren’t I?  I blame Ole for egging me on.

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Was about to say the same GC. 
Dealing with a red card appeal. CEO. Are you sure?? Isn’t that what his cousin is employed to do in his role?? 
So, we can mark this down as yet another thing that Ashton claims to have done that someone else did. 
Just effing leave already!! 

17 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Ashton not put on gardening leave because Bristol City have no-one else who could do the job in his absence, according to the Post.

And why's that?

Because there's no meaningful board of directors any more. And who decided that?

You reap what you sow.  

I don't buy that, to be fair.

Surely Mark Kelly or Gavin Marshall could be seconded from Bristol Sport to oversee City's operations until Ashton's successor is found?

It astounds me at the lack of contingency or succession plans in place within our club, right from SL at the top down to the players. They should be part of a basic business plan. As for JL, what a complete joke he is. 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I know, but Gregor was saying Ashton is “a vital cog” because of things like he was instrumental in getting Lansbury’s red card overturned.

It was such a clear error all that was needed was an email to the EFL, an agency member of staff could easily do that.

I know people at that level like to claim to have some sort of power & ability that most could not ever have, but the skill set, contract negotiation (not that I am convinced we will be doing too much of that, based on who is OoC) can easily be covered by an interim appointment who has no conflict of interest here.

I’ll take a few weeks off work & do it (for far less) if they’d like..

2 minutes ago, tin said:

Surely Mark Kelly or Gavin Marshall could be seconded from Bristol Sport to oversee City's operations until Ashton's successor is found?

It astounds me at the lack of contingency or succession plans in place within our club, right from SL at the top down to the players. They should be part of a basic business plan. As for JL, what a complete joke he is. 

Run out of likes, so will just say to this 100%, every day of the week.

55 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Having just read the article on Bristol Post site....the example they alluded to  is Ashton taking on the role of getting Lansbury's red card rescinded...................Well thanks a whole lot for that Mark, Thank God you managed to pull that one off ? ?  

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

and therein lies the medical problem Dave,an office boy has been shredding cartlidges for a bit of overtime

Just now, exAtyeoMax said:

Public face of the club...?

When is he going on Geoff Twentyman again? 

The 12th of Never.

Not even he could worm himself put of some of the questions GT would throw at him due to recent circumstances.

17 hours ago, Harry said:

By my calcs, they arrived last Wednesday. They’d have been able to take private test on Monday, and once cleared they could come out of quarantine. 
I’d guess the test results would’ve come back Tuesday, but Nige would’ve travelled Tuesday and then returned last night. 
So, potentially today could be the day, assuming the players have a day off after the game so Nige is free. 

At least, you’d hope today is the day. If it goes on any longer it becomes an absolute joke. 

Your calcs are wrong.  He didn't have to isolate at all because he's coming from a British territory.  Not sure what he actually has been doing, mind!

7 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

I dont think its reallly been mentioned on here why ashton was allowed to be involved with negotiations between ipswich and their American takeover, while he was ceo of bristol city? 

I am left wondering what Jon Lansdown was doing while all this was going on. A chairman who has no idea of what is happening at his club.And looks on while it  is  all falling apart

10 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

I dont think its reallly been mentioned on here why ashton was allowed to be involved with negotiations between ipswich and their American takeover, while he was ceo of bristol city? 

Where has it been said he was involved?

9 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Club is an absolute shambles top to bottom. Why does everything take so long 

Because there is no leadership = both Owner and Charirman are not involved day to day so no decsion can be made quickly. This is down to Landsdowns descison to move to Guernsey where he probably expected his son to hold the fort but he wasnt up to the job, hence appointing Ashton to run everything day to day. Now hes going there is no leadership present. Simple as that in my view!

1 minute ago, Steve Watts said:

Your calcs are wrong.  He didn't have to isolate at all because he's coming from a British territory.  Not sure what he actually has been doing, mind!

I thought MA said he’d met with SL, and he’d tried to stop him leaving? 

1 minute ago, Steve Watts said:

Where has it been said he was involved?

Gregor has mentioned this today,,, i assumed this was official 100 percent confirmed, but its a 2 plus 2 equals 4 assumption that has been reported in the press and he is now the new ceo of ipswich as soon as they were taken over. If im incorrect, my mistake

Did I see somewhere recently that SL had stepped down from the board of a company to concentrate on City ? Ravenscroft was it ? 
would this be to step into MA’s shoes short term , or maybe deal with potential investors . You think if there were potential American investors they’d be put off after the last few days 

6 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Gregor has mentioned this today,,, i assumed this was official 100 percent confirmed, but its a 2 plus 2 equals 4 assumption that has been reported in the press and he is now the new ceo of ipswich as soon as they were taken over. If im incorrect, my mistake

All I could see in the article about his involvement was Gregor saying that City fans believed this.  Nothing to say it is.  Obviously he's been sounded out by the incoming chairman and may have offered advice in an informal capacity but that doesn't mean he was directly involved in any formal negotiation...  Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to see the back of the snake oil salesman, but his involvement in the takeover is purely speculation.

42 minutes ago, tin said:

No I don't either. Is the article nonsense or is it spin from a club that's in a bit of a state at the minute? The latter I suspect.

37 minutes ago, Harry said:

We’re not even advertising the position ?

35C2D656-39B9-4999-B3B2-CCDC542B5979.jpeg

Maybe Nigel Pearson has already recommended someone? ?  

50 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Except where Liam Rosenior's contract is concerned. (Niche bit of City history there for you).

41 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Whilst there is no certifiable evidence, it is so coincidental as to be painful.

Archived