IGNORED

Bristol City owner Steve Lansdown flies in to address major issues at Ashton Gate

chucky

7 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I can’t stop it but the club easily could with a holding press release

Yes but they haven’t and that is hardly groundbreaking news given the previous “form” under the current ownership. However that’s where we are and wild speculation that Pearson has told Steve to eff off and similar predictions of Armageddon just looks a bit daft if Pearson is appointed next Wednesday. For every tale of doom that we will waste another 6 weeks and ending up with a disastrous outcome again there could be a perfectly plausible reason why we haven’t got it done yet.

The main point you make prior to the speculation of doom and disaster about lack of communication is totally on the money though.

The club will I am sure make an announcement when the deal with Pearson or an alternative choice is done. What can be said in the meantime. Do people want to know what terms we are offering or what NP is demanding ? Please remind me which club does that. Perhaps a statement saying that we are yet to agree terms so as to alert other potential suitors of Nigel. Confidential discussions are confidential for a reason. Putting a press release out about them would not end well. Patience people !

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Agree with all of that and @M.D Post too.....hence more a reason to communicate that plans are progressing well but announcements can’t be made.

For sure - but what about if plans aren't progressing well!

Fortunately the club are pretty poor at this either way so I try not to read in to it, but that's what I'm worried about...

5 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

For sure - but what about if plans aren't progressing well!

Fortunately the club are pretty poor at this either way so I try not to read in to it, but that's what I'm worried about...

I wouldn't worry, thats my plan..

If it's going well or if its going horribly wrong we won't get to find out until it's put in the public domain.

When its out there then we can either be optimistic, neutral or in complete despair  

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Possibly. But I wouldn’t bother. Season ticket threats are not as effective as some may think particularly now and and much is going to be revealed anyway soon enough.  Concentrate your efforts on not feeling queasy watching our performances. Alka Seltzer helps!

Do you have any sort of evidence to say "Much  is going to be revealed....." ? @REDOXO

On 12/04/2021 at 14:40, RUSSEL85 said:

I’m not going to panic until something is announced. If we keep NP, a straight shooter, honest, experienced and successful manager, Great, all good. If we decide not to offer NP a deal and bring in a nice guy, yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir yes man, I can honestly say that would be it for me. Until anything is announced, I don’t seem much point getting irate. It would be nice to get a resolution soon as this a vital step for the clubs direction. 

You sound a thoughtful and fair minded person, unfortunately surely disappointment looms and like me you will walk away. Many old school fans have sussed out this treading water business...and departed.

I am convinced that NP was a stop gap and another yes man is not far away. 

44 minutes ago, M.D said:

I wouldn't worry, thats my plan..

If it's going well or if its going horribly wrong we won't get to find out until it's put in the public domain.

When its out there then we can either be optimistic, neutral or in complete despair  

Complete despair is neutral when it comes to City this last few years!

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

That's fine. I would not expect you to disclose who, when, where, why etc. 

Let's hope the pudding will be a stupendous Tiramisu instead of last weeks bread pudding. @REDOXO

Exactly. The current situation on and off the field is not sustainable beyond the last three games. And I want Tiramisu!

The issue with SL looking for investment really is How much a guy with 2 billion sterling and more wants and needs and how much control is he prepared to let go of. 

it’s clear he’s not asking for 15m (random number) that’s a drop in the bucket that would just about cover the purchase of 2 players and for your 15 you become a minority shareholder in a company thats only tangible assets are its players, unless Bristol Sport is involved. 

So you have to be thinking much much bigger. 

We will see how this plays out. But at the end of it either SL continues to hold the parcel on his own or he doesn’t. Either way change is inevitable!

5 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Without a club update it all smacks of something gone wrong with SL’s  plans.

Prospective manager turned him down

Prospective HOF turned him down

External investor getting cold feet

The story thus given of difficulty of getting from Guernsey to Bristol has been shown by others to be nonsense.

A further defeat this weekend would begin to suggest this is moving from crisis to disaster.

Your hatred for SL has obviously rotten you brain and made your usual sh1t posts, in to the biggest load of b0ll0cks on here

9 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Lansdown didn't have to self-isolate on return to the UK however he couldn't meet Nige face-to-face until this week due to the football "bubble" protocol. 

Ahem ?

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Seems to align with what I was told then.

We'll see, but I think an announcement is close. Whether it's tomorrow or early next week...

Archived