IGNORED

DH’s PNE

Davefevs

13 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

Jesus Christ m, why would they? That would make Holden a very lucky manager to land 2 championship jobs with no track record at all.

Because he is a fantastic human being 

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I would be amazed if he got the managers job but...

Let's not forget that when he worked for LJ, he was part of a coaching team that improved the final season position year on year.

And he won't be working with 'team hamstring', coaching by reputation.

He isn't unemployable.

Absolutely he isn't, and I suspect he'll pitch up somewhere sooner or later.

Just can't see him getting the top job anywhere at our level.

Can’t see him getting a Championship job and honestly hope he doesn’t, for his sake. We were totally outplayed near enough every game and he’s not at this level as it stands.

However, I really do wish him all the best and hope he can progress from league one/league two to do a job at a decent level.

I am not saying he is a good manager and I also don't think he should have ever got the job here but he did have a pretty good start before injuries hit and this was without his for choice CM which is a hugely important part of the team. 

I wouldn't write him off as a manager just yet but at the same time it would be a huge gamble for Preston

56 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I can't see it myself. A realistic move could be to take over one of the smaller Greater Manchester clubs and cut his teeth there for a few seasons. 

He just doesn't strike me as a natural manager, feels more like a coach.

Yep agreed. Project Bury.

1 hour ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Dean Holden is a top half Championship manager, just had a lot of injuries...

If he has control of all player activity, expect them to be close to the play offs or above 

Who knows where we could have been if we had even half the injuries we had. Say Williams and Walsh were fit and managed 30 games each or Weimann never got injured.

2 hours ago, Littlesh*t said:

I am not saying he is a good manager and I also don't think he should have ever got the job here but he did have a pretty good start before injuries hit and this was without his for choice CM which is a hugely important part of the team. 

I wouldn't write him off as a manager just yet but at the same time it would be a huge gamble for Preston

Another way of looking at that, is that if he took charge of any "average" (let's be fair that's what we are) team with a few decent players, he can get results. Not necessarily performances, but results nonetheless.

When backs against the wall though, injuries mount up the team that wasn't performing very well suddenly becomes dire and can't get a point for love nor money.

2 hours ago, Taz said:

Another way of looking at that, is that if he took charge of any "average" (let's be fair that's what we are) team with a few decent players, he can get results. Not necessarily performances, but results nonetheless.

When backs against the wall though, injuries mount up the team that wasn't performing very well suddenly becomes dire and can't get a point for love nor money.

Yeah I get what you are saying but let's not also forget that the players have completely downed tools since January. 

I think Pearson is the man to take us forward but apart from a few early results his ratio isnt great. I am not judging him on that (hopefully next season we can judge him more)

Myself or anyone else hasn't got a clue how good of a manager Holden will be but I just think this season with everything going on at the club, no fans, injuries etc isn't necessarily a true reflection on him.

10 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

Yeah I get what you are saying but let's not also forget that the players have completely downed tools since January

I think Pearson is the man to take us forward but apart from a few early results his ratio isnt great. I am not judging him on that (hopefully next season we can judge him more)

Myself or anyone else hasn't got a clue how good of a manager Holden will be but I just think this season with everything going on at the club, no fans, injuries etc isn't necessarily a true reflection on him.

Agreed completely, especially the first bit!

Archived