IGNORED

Mark Ashton Leaving (Merged)

Harry

1 minute ago, SODS_LAW said:

I’m not his biggest fan you must be delusional if you think Ashton the final day on Holden. Holden was lansdowns choice.

No I am not delusional. I appreciate that Steve Lansdown ultimately has the final say but it was Mark Ashton and John Lansdown who conducted the five week interview process and who made the recommendation to Steve Lansdown.  In subsequent interviews Ashton made it clear that he believed Holden was the best candidate to take us to the next level.

1 minute ago, Redland said:

No I am not delusional. I appreciate that Steve Lansdown ultimately has the final say but it was Mark Ashton and John Lansdown who conducted the five week interview process and who made the recommendation to Steve Lansdown.  In subsequent interviews Ashton made it clear that he believed Holden was the best candidate to take us to the next level.

He's not going to come out and say "yeah it's a shit appointment, but give it a chance" is he?

1 minute ago, Redland said:

He was right, it’s just that we had hoped and understood it was to be the next level UP!

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

He's not going to come out and say "yeah it's a shit appointment, but give it a chance" is he?

Exactly. He's the CEO of a large company and whoever or however decisions are made you have to back them publicly, even if you privately disagree. Would be extremely unprofessional otherwise.

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

If he thought it was a shit appointment, then the appointment shouldn't have been made. If he thought it was a good appointment, then he's clearly clueless and shouldn't be in a job. Can spin it however you like, the responsibility for Dean's failures still sit with the men that hired him.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Are we talking about Ipswich’s new owner describing their new chief exec appointment?

Archived