IGNORED

Mark Ashton Leaving (Merged)

Harry

Now it’s been made official what happens next with running the club? 

Is Jon going to be in charge on his own...

Does make me wonder if in 12 months time we might be saying “that Ashton guy wasn’t so bad after all!” ??

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

He's not going to come out and say "yeah it's a shit appointment, but give it a chance" is he?

Well if after a five week interview process you are suggesting that Lansdown overruled Ashton and his son then presumably we didn’t need a CEO in the first place. No point in having a CEO to run the club if Steve Lansdown is still running it from Guernsey.

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

Genuine question, what's going to be so much better now? You'd think we'd signed Haaland!

We've got the opportunity to get people in the boardroom who actually understand football and can run the club properly. Hopefully we'll have some decent transfer business too.

I'd love to know what SL really thinks of this. Stubborn as ever he backed Ashton all the way despite knowing that a substantial section of the fan base saw right through him- and loathed him....and now Ashton's scooted off to a club a division below us.

Let's hope SL's got a better plan for replacement than the one that saw hopeless Holden replace darling Lee.

6 minutes ago, DC10 said:

Now it’s been made official what happens next with running the club? 

Is Jon going to be in charge on his own...

Does make me wonder if in 12 months time we might be saying “that Ashton guy wasn’t so bad after all!” ??

Ha ha. No one will be thinking that ??

4 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Won't Steve have to isolate for 5 days before he can meet with anyone. If royals have to then billionaires probably do too. So not expecting any news on the new appointments until later this week. 

Nope.

https://covid19.gov.gg/faqs/uk-governments-covid-19-border-restrictions-and-how-they-apply-bailiwick-guernsey-residents/am

I think Ashton going is probably a good thing in the sense that opinions around him had become very toxic and it gives the club a fresh start but I do wonder how much he's taken the flak for strategic decisions taken by the owner and the board and I'm not convinced that a new CEO is going to come in and take the club in a completely different direction.

I think there are areas that could be improved. A new CEO that could improve our recruitment and fitness departments could make a big impact in that alone but I think Ashton is the scapegoat for as much as he is responsible for. 

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

I think Ashton going is probably a good thing in the sense that opinions around him had become very toxic and it gives the club a fresh start but I do wonder how much he's taken the flak for strategic decisions taken by the owner and the board and I'm not convinced that a new CEO is going to come in and take the club in a completely different direction.

I think there are areas that could be improved. A new CEO that could improve our recruitment and fitness departments could make a big impact in that alone but I think Ashton is the scapegoat for as much as he is responsible for. 

Surely the whole point of appointing Ashton as CEO in the first place was to allow SL to take a step back and make less strategic decisions?

Carlsberg don't do Tuesdays, but if they did...............

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

The failings under his watch was recruitment. Which he was in charge of. 
We were on a downward spiral with him here. 

1 minute ago, Winston said:

Agree with this from SL-

“Mark has been an integral part of what we have created over the last few years

He certainly has! 

I liked the bit about turning us into a sustainable club too. 
Remind me of the percentage increase in wage bill since his arrival??!! ??

God, I’m so happy. 

Archived