IGNORED

Mark Ashton Leaving (Merged)

Harry

22 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think Ashton going is probably a good thing in the sense that opinions around him had become very toxic and it gives the club a fresh start but I do wonder how much he's taken the flak for strategic decisions taken by the owner and the board and I'm not convinced that a new CEO is going to come in and take the club in a completely different direction.

I think there are areas that could be improved. A new CEO that could improve our recruitment and fitness departments could make a big impact in that alone but I think Ashton is the scapegoat for as much as he is responsible for. 

Yeah I see your point. He will have had positive impacts in some areas too. 

Personally I look at the hugely expensive squad we've assembled, many of the remaining squad with little or reduced value, lots of OOC etc as something Ashton will be responsible for and simply it isn't good enough. That's without considering how he may have a hand in the conditioning/ physio teams that have had a poor season, without comment on his interviewing or lack of. 

You mention the toxicity around his position too and all things considered a fresh start is appealing.

There will be new appointment(s) at board level and we'll need Nige to sign on or another perm manager come the end of the season.

Reviewing the success of these appointments in a couple seasons time potentially tells us how much MA was responsible for and how much was influenced by other decision makers at the club. Time will tell!

Fingers crossed we get these appointments right. Feels like a big summer for the club.

33 minutes ago, Blockb said:

I do not know if this is not allowed ? but I would like to congratulate kitr on his true story about Ipswich and a certain ceo 

Good point, excellent investigation work @Kid in the Riot

Right I am going to the pub to celebrate - Hallelujah, rejoice! Goodbye and good riddance Ashton!
The club has already improved x3fold in the last hour.

28 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Indeed - and who on earth says 'now is the right time for myself to move on' - so glad I never again have to listen to his pomposity!

I thought only shite (all) candidates on The Apprentice used the word "myself" like this.

21 minutes ago, Olé said:

Jon Lansdown was involved in kit designs, Mark Ashton was involved in investing over £50m in the transfer market.

Hope that helps.

Jon Lansdown is the Managing Director of the club and the only thing you can think of that he’s ‘managed’ is the irrelevant logo.

26 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Indeed - and who on earth says 'now is the right time for myself to move on' - so glad I never again have to listen to his pomposity!

It should be ‘ now is the right time for I to move on’.

:yes:

I agree with your second comment all that ‘ management’ speak was tiring. He should have kept that to himself and other people who speak the same language but talk normally to others.

Gone are LJ’s bullshit and , soon , Ashton’s.

Other than that, well, we are no longer getting our trousers pulled down over player transfers and that is down to Ashton.

A new and exciting period is upon us .

Well like him or not, we are no longer seen as a pushover in the transfer market when clubs come calling for our players. That I'm assuming is partly Ashton's doing.

Other than that though, I'm meh towards him.

It will probably see all his flunkies follow him to wherever *cough Ipswich cough* and hopefully he will take the god awful medical team with him as well.

What's looking more likely with this news, is that Pearson is staying for longer, and one of/both Walsh and Shakespeare are on their way as well. That, would be great news as that is a proven team that works, and works well!!

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

Genuine question, what's going to be so much better now? You'd think we'd signed Haaland!

Maybe nothing, but there is the opportunity for us to build something that looks like a team. A team that doesn't make your eyes bleed while watching it and may achieve as many as 2 shots on target per game, and who knows, maybe the odd home win. A chance worth taking I think.

3 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

My job is as a Mobile Covid 19 Swab Tester  Yesterday, I had my list of calls for today and up appeared a Mark Ashton !!

Sadly on calling him, he turned out to be a factory worker.

Really wonder what I would have said to him if it had been 'our' MA !!!!!!!

You may feel a little pr**k?

Archived