IGNORED

Mark Ashton Leaving (Merged)

Harry

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Werhun going as well you say?? Never!! 
Who’d have thunk. 

As for Ashton’s announcement to the squad - wow!! I’m sure they were devastated (assuming they were interested enough to actually give a ****)! 

One big collective shrug

Stuart Webber is Norwich City's Sporting Director and he's on the high performance podcast here: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/stuart-webber-vital-importance-patience-preparation/id1500444735?i=1000517672694 

Listening from 17:10 to 19:30 it sounds like he see's himself as the polar opposite of how many of us see Ashton and it was very refreshing to hear. 

55 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

Stuart Webber is Norwich City's Sporting Director and he's on the high performance podcast here: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/stuart-webber-vital-importance-patience-preparation/id1500444735?i=1000517672694 

Listening from 17:10 to 19:30 it sounds like he see's himself as the polar opposite of how many of us see Ashton and it was very refreshing to hear. 

I f/f to that section, listened to 30 seconds of that.....

....and now you’ve made me want to listen to the whole thing.  Damn you!

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Werhun going as well you say?? Never!! 
Who’d have thunk. 

As for Ashton’s announcement to the squad - wow!! I’m sure they were devastated (assuming they were interested enough to actually give a ****)! 

I know Werhun leaving is a huge shock, absolutely no track record of him following Ashton from job to job, is there?

As for the players, I’d be amazed if any of them were remotely interested, their concern at present (whatever we think of them) will always be their own future, not that of the bloke who has just left a dozen of them in limbo.

This smacks of the bit in The Office where David Brent says he’s getting promoted but they are closing the Swindon branch.

”You’re still thinking about the Swindon news, aren’t you?”.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Gregors now found out more details about the day when Ashtons departure was announced:

6D27E679-19F2-456C-8891-2747E5C7938B.jpeg

Like the players should care that the CEO is off, unless he’s too involved in the team?

Also confirms Werhun off in the piece

Well I hope we're getting good compensation from Ipswich for both Ashton and Werhrun. Anybody care to guess how much?

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Gregors now found out more details about the day when Ashtons departure was announced:

Like the players should care that the CEO is off, unless he’s too involved in the team?

“I’m off lads. I’m so good at my job I’ve been poached by a club in the middle of nowhere in the league below. “

”what about those contract talks you promised us once the season ended?”

”Sorry, maybe I wasn’t clear. I said I’ve been headhunted and I’m leaving?”

Announced on BRISTOL LIVE ...........As a second key figure to leave, and follow Ashton to Ipswich....Luke Werhun is leaving apparently, whose job it was   to fill in the paper work for transfers & handle disciplinary matters.  Wow what  a disaster, what will we do without him?   He is obviously one of Ashton's mates in his "Jobs for the Boys" world.  Why is it of any interest for Bristol Live to run it as one of  it's lead stories?/  it must be a very slow news day?  I've never heard of him, and i would not of thought it will be particularly difficult to replace him?.................Bristol lIve,  yet again with it's finger on the pulse of breaking news?  Ha!   

7 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Announced on BRISTOL LIVE ...........As a second key figure to leave, and follow Ashton to Ipswich....Luke Werhun is leaving apparently, whose job it was   to fill in the paper work for transfers & handle disciplinary matters.  Wow what  a disaster, what will we do without him?   He is obviously one of Ashton's mates in his "Jobs for the Boys" world.  Why is it of any interest for Bristol Live to run it as one of  it's lead stories?/  it must be a very slow news day?  I've never heard of him, and i would not of thought it will be particularly difficult to replace him?.................Bristol lIve,  yet again with it's finger on the pulse of breaking news?  Ha!   

Their cousins....

8 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I thought they were brother in-laws?

I’d been aware of the connection for a couple of years and I’d previously assumed it was in-laws, but I did a bit more digging and I understand it is cousins, not bro in laws. 
Regardless, there is a family connection. 

Does anyone know if the lovely Mr Ashton was responsible for Adam Baker moving on? Thought the Club disconnected from the Fans totally after that. Adam was the link being a lifelong fan as opposed to a media team from  Rugby Club. 

You can stick your corporate image up your a##se Mr Ashton and take the lot with you

50 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’d been aware of the connection for a couple of years and I’d previously assumed it was in-laws, but I did a bit more digging and I understand it is cousins, not bro in laws. 

A poster on here (can’t remember who) got very very very upset when people suggested that there was maybe a hint of nepotism going on in his recruitment. 

52 minutes ago, Harry said:

Speaking of people possibly moving on (and with a nod to Adam B) I notice the fragrant Ms Knights has been noticeable by her absence on Robins TV of late.

1 minute ago, lenred said:

A poster on here (can’t remember who) got very very very upset when people suggested that there was maybe a hint of nepotism going on in his recruitment. 

I’m certainly not suggesting nepotism. I’m certain Mr Werhun was the best man for the job and we’re gonna miss him immensely. ?

1 minute ago, Harry said:

I’m certainly not suggesting nepotism. I’m certain Mr Werhun was the best man for the job and we’re gonna miss him immensely. ?

Exactly.  I’m sure the reason SL jetted back is that he has been in extremely involved negotiations in order to try and get him to stay.  

21 minutes ago, Magicseason said:

Does anyone know if the lovely Mr Ashton was responsible for Adam Baker moving on? Thought the Club disconnected from the Fans totally after that. Adam was the link being a lifelong fan as opposed to a media team from  Rugby Club. 

You can stick your corporate image up your a##se Mr Ashton and take the lot with you

As far as I know, part of Ashton’s remit is that he oversees the media dept. 

12 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Speaking of people possibly moving on (and with a nod to Adam B) I notice the fragrant Ms Knights has been noticeable by her absence on Robins TV of late.

Would be interesting.  I actually think she’s the best presenter of Robinstv.

Just now, Harry said:

As far as I know, part of Ashton’s remit is that he oversees the media dept. 

Stupid thing is it shouldn’t do.

Lisa Knights is Bristol Sport Group Head of Media.  Barton should report to her, but I imagine there are dotted lines all over.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Stupid thing is it shouldn’t do.

Lisa Knights is Bristol Sport Group Head of Media.  Barton should report to her, but I imagine there are dotted lines all over.

Yep. Knights heads up the media dept but I’m certain that her boss is Ashton. 

7 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Headhunted by a lower club?

Archived