IGNORED

Mark Ashton Leaving (Merged)

Harry

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Doesn't say much for the standard of presenters

Seriously, I think she does a good job.  I know it’s not popular to give her credit, but I can only evaluate her presenting skills.  I appreciate she is supposedly behind Baker and Shires leaving their roles, but I can’t comment on that.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Do you know how much influence he would have? For example, is it Ashton's doing that Steve Cotterill is conspicuous by his absence in any pics they share from 14/15?

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

He shouldn’t be.  But who knows.

@headhunter thoughts?

Well. The club always seem very keen to espouse his involvement in the foundation, the stadium, the training ground (sorry high perf....shit, I can’t even bring myself to say it!!), and all manner of ‘positive’ aspects, so I’m pretty certain his remit would include media (I mean, if it includes being responsible for a stadium that was completed before he even arrived then the man is capable of anything ?

6 hours ago, petehinton said:

“I’m off lads. I’m so good at my job I’ve been poached by a club in the middle of nowhere in the league below. “

”what about those contract talks you promised us once the season ended?”

”Sorry, maybe I wasn’t clear. I said I’ve been headhunted and I’m leaving?”

then a massive brawl broke out over who was going to drive him there, 8 more hamstrings and 3 more acls pulled in the melee . 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Well. The club always seem very keen to espouse his involvement in the foundation, the stadium, the training ground (sorry high perf....shit, I can’t even bring myself to say it!!), and all manner of ‘positive’ aspects, so I’m pretty certain his remit would include media (I mean, if it includes being responsible for a stadium that was completed before he even arrived then the man is capable of anything ?

Funny, someone added a photo of Cotts with the trophies because the club comms had omitted any pictures of him celebrating our promotion on Twitter! ?

4 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Losing Adam Baker was a terrible decision. I have no issue with Knights, she is very professional in fact. Downsy , again, nice guy. But Adam was streets ahead. 

Was thinking the same this morning, if I had any sway I’d get him back (if he wanted to). 

6 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Losing Adam Baker was a terrible decision. I have no issue with Knights, she is very professional in fact. Downsy , again, nice guy. But Adam was streets ahead. 

I honestly don’t know if Adam B was streets ahead of Lisa K.  I believe he was better than Dave Barton from a fans perspective.  Knights role is different.  The comparison is Baker to Barton.

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Seriously, I think she does a good job.  I know it’s not popular to give her credit, but I can only evaluate her presenting skills.  I appreciate she is supposedly behind Baker and Shires leaving their roles, but I can’t comment on that.

Certainly the most professional of the bunch.

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I honestly don’t know if Adam B was streets ahead of Lisa K.  I believe he was better than Dave Barton from a fans perspective.  Knights role is different.  The comparison is Baker to Barton.

I think the big advantage with AB is he understands the club and the fanbase. It's crucial for the role to know the correct tone for support at a given time.

Dave and Ryan not being City fans is the reason they've put their foot in it so many times, especially on Twitter.

On 19/04/2021 at 21:31, Midred said:

Headhunted by a lower club?

This is a key point that I've not seen discussed enough in all of this - What do we think MA's motivation for moving Ipswich is?

We already know he's on a ridiculous wage here (which surely a league 1 club cannot be matching/ bettering), dropping down a league and I don't think anyone seriously thinks the potential of Ipswich Town as a club is bigger than ours are they?

So then it just comes down to links with the owners - yes we know MA and Ipswich owners go way back but we've always thought MA and the Lansdowns have a top relationship too unless something major has happened there it all seems very strange from his personal motivation perspective.

Especially when you're supposedly in the process of signing up a long term contract for a proven high quality promotion winning manager in the champ in NP and as we've all been saying if you bring in an equally high quality head of recruitment/DOF below you and revamp the medical team over next few weeks/months so, if you stay, it's not hard to see yourself as a premier league CEO in just a season or two's time with us.

All just seems really odd to me.

6 minutes ago, WirralRobin said:

This is a key point that I've not seen discussed enough in all of this - What do we think MA's motivation for moving Ipswich is?

We already know he's on a ridiculous wage here (which surely a league 1 club cannot be matching/ bettering), dropping down a league and I don't think anyone seriously thinks the potential of Ipswich Town as a club is bigger than ours are they?

So then it just comes down to links with the owners - yes we know MA and Ipswich owners go way back but we've always thought MA and the Lansdowns have a top relationship too unless something major has happened there it all seems very strange from his personal motivation perspective.

Especially when you're supposedly in the process of signing up a long term contract for a proven high quality promotion winning manager in the champ in NP and as we've all been saying if you bring in an equally high quality head of recruitment/DOF below you and revamp the medical team over next few weeks/months so, if you stay, it's not hard to see yourself as a premier league CEO in just a season or two's time with us.

I think the writing was on the wall when Steve L appointed Nigel Pearson on a short term contract.

This was the start of his power slipping away through his fingers and I very much doubt that NP would put up with his recruitment or his medical team

Time to move away with mates and regain his control and power of another club

1 hour ago, WirralRobin said:

Not sure it's that odd. In business it's quite common for CEOs to move around after a few years when they fancy a new challenge

2 minutes ago, red panda said:

Not sure it's that odd. In business it's quite common for CEOs to move around after a few years when they fancy a new challenge

Destroy and exit.

Don't hang around to deal with the mess you've created. Talk some new suckers into employing you and jump ship.

Then repeat. 

1 hour ago, WirralRobin said:

Pay Day Money GIF

just think of the “finders fee” for introducing the US consortium?

51 minutes ago, red panda said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

47 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Destroy and exit.

Don't hang around to deal with the mess you've created. Talk some new suckers into employing you and jump ship.

Then repeat. 

Saved me typing it ?

I just can't believe he's staying on until the end of May.

How long has his mind not been 100% on Bristol City.

The Lansdown's have been duped by this snake - I wonder how many of our OOC players will be spearheading Ipswich's drive for the Championship. No transfer fees = good wages = good fees for agents representing them!!

1 minute ago, headhunter said:

The Lansdown's have been duped by this snake - I wonder how many of our OOC players will be spearheading Ipswich's drive for the Championship. No transfer fees = good wages = good fees for agents representing them!!

I’m hoping it’s NP just bring non-committal when questioned because it’s not his place to say what is truly going on.

The fact that MA is listed on ITFC’s website as CEO is bad enough.

30 minutes ago, headhunter said:

They'll need a ******* good sat nav...

On 20/04/2021 at 08:57, Davefevs said:

Did Tim Shires go about the same time as Adam or just before?

Was he too much of a fan as well for them?

44 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The fact that MA is listed on ITFC’s website as CEO is bad enough.

Sorry, what???

Have you pointed this out to Gregor or anyone in the media so they can ask the club if this is reasonable? Hopefully it's just an eager or inexperienced website admin at Ipswich, but public implication of this is that Mark Ashton is wilfully neglecting his duties under the Companies Act 2006. As a director he as a legal duty to avoid any situation where he has a direct or indirect conflict of interest. Being listed and publicised as Chief Executive of a rival business would seem to be such a case.

Perhaps he'd be well advised to give them a quick call and get that corrected!

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

Destroy and exit.

Then repeat. 

Yep...and don’t we all know some of those! 

19 minutes ago, Olé said:

Sorry, what???

Have you pointed this out to Gregor or anyone in the media so they can ask the club if this is reasonable? Hopefully it's just an eager or inexperienced website admin at Ipswich, but public implication of this is that Mark Ashton is wilfully neglecting his duties under the Companies Act 2006. As a director he as a legal duty to avoid any situation where he has a direct or indirect conflict of interest. Being listed and publicised as Chief Executive of a rival business would seem to be such a case.

So you want me to shit-stir basically?

straight on it! ?

28 minutes ago, Olé said:

Sorry, what???

E5FF9071-5B2D-4DDE-B482-1B46A63122E4.jpeg

4 hours ago, red panda said:

Why would he "fancy a new challenge" at this moment in time, as a matter of interest? 

Has a "goal" been achieved, a "journey" reached its desired end? 

What was Ashton's "challenge" here? Finish 8th and it's "job done" ?

Was the "project" finish 8th, then 12th, then fall apart?

No wonder they shipped Johnson out then, what with his "Premier League club in waiting" and "Europa League" in 5 years lofty ideals.

Archived