IGNORED

Mark Ashton Leaving (Merged)

Harry

On 21/04/2021 at 22:02, dave36 said:

Bentley - agree he can be really good, but he can also be very bad, which seriously impacts defence - a spell as number 2 would wake him up!

Pato - somewhere in there is a very good player, missing is the sports psychologist that can get him to turn up and play to his strengths, so unmotivated at times he should not be anywhere near a team.

The injury list is the biggest worry and it’s been getting worse season on season, when do the alarm bells start ringing? Something is very wrong with the pitch and or the training ground and it has to sorted before pre season starts - how many injuries occurred during the last pre season?

He can be prone to an error Bentley for sure- was a reason why Brentford perhaps weren't wildly disappointed to see him go. I think the good outweighs the bad personally. Don't see him as a number 2.

Agree, Paterson can blow hot and cold but think as of this season anyway, we're a worse side without than with. I think he's more tactically versatile than Palmer too e.g. which is another thing in his favour. Left of a 4-3-3 with ability to come inside, or a 4-2-3-1 a fluid one with ability to drop back in a 3 out of possession- this is a way. Always favoured him as a '10' firstly but maybe that's a bit outdated.

Energy and end product of Weimann early season quite good I thought- again the versatility can help too.

The injuries are a farce and even more worrying as you say during pre-season- from Day 1 this season Baker, Williams and Walsh were all out- maybe more? Think these all occurred in or close to pre-season.

I very much blame Ashton for the injury situation this last few years- he recruited the staff etc didn't he?

On 13/04/2021 at 08:30, oldstandrobin said:

My job is as a Mobile Covid 19 Swab Tester  Yesterday, I had my list of calls for today and up appeared a Mark Ashton !!

Sadly on calling him, he turned out to be a factory worker.

Really wonder what I would have said to him if it had been 'our' MA !!!!!!!

I trust you offered him only the Johnson & Johnson vaccine?

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I'm wondering if we have actually signed one or two players but have waited for Ashton to officially leave before announcing them so he can't get any of the credit!

I would imagine minimum notice period of deciding contracts / released players is one month.  So expect some news imho.

If Weimann hasn’t accepted, expect that to be announced fairly soon, likewise if he’s accepted.  Ditto Simpson.

Ding dong the wicked witch is dead.

14 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Wasn't there rumours that Whatmough was telling people he has signed for us to mates at a BBQ, and someone being shown around the training ground the other week.

Where did you see/hear those? Searching his name on Twitter only shows Luton being linked with him.

16 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Wasn't there rumours that Whatmough was telling people he has signed for us to mates at a BBQ, and someone being shown around the training ground the other week.

There was a rumour that Whatmough was being shown around in April.  There was also the rumour that I mentioned about a “youngish” player being shown round a couple of weeks ago.  Separate incidents.  No idea if true.  Allegedly the person who told me was told by a player (who he knows very well), so I’ve no idea if true.

Re the Whatmough one, I heard that he’d signed in the same message that said Steve Walsh had too.  So, who knows.  

• Admin
38 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He was 100% shown around the HPC etc a few weeks ago, only time will tell if he was signing

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Can't remember where I read the BBQ rumour to be honest. Not made it up though. Might have been the Pompey forum that I have read a few times some weeks ago.

Yeah not doubting it, just wanted to do some snooping myself! Hope he comes in, moving back to signing younger players can only be a good thing.

14 minutes ago, phantom said:

He was 100% shown around the HPC etc a few weeks ago, only time will tell if he was signing

Totally.

It is the time of year when numerous players will be considering their next move, just because they have talks doesn’t mean they will all happen.

49 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Ahh okay yeah probably from you the one being shown around. 

Yeah I guess it might not mean he is signing.

Can't remember where I read the BBQ rumour to be honest. Not made it up though. Might have been the Pompey forum that I have read a few times some weeks ago.

The comments he made at a BBQ about joining us was on Twitter from a Pompey supporter. Others seem to think the poster was reliable?‍♂️. I added it in the transfer thread. Maybe he mentioned he was on his way here for a look?

38 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I am sure you know which other well known song came from the same musical, but do you recall this (taken from WIKI)?

It made me laugh at the time.

In 1990 at the Nelson Mandela: An International Tribute for a Free South Africa concert at Wembley Stadium, London, the audience spontaneously broke out into a mass rendition. Mandela turned to Adelaide Tambo who accompanied him onto the stage and asked what the song was. She replied, "A football song".

I am making a promise to myself not to talk about these conmen anymore - after this final thought....

if Ashton really believes all his best mates, cousins etc are the best at what they do, how could he take all of them from us, and the amazing owner Steve lansdown, and leave us so badly in the lurch? 

it’s the final confirmation, although unneeded, he never had the best interest of this club at heart, it was always his own interests he served. 

don’t get me wrong, so glad he and shipman etc have left the building, but his bare faced lying and underhanded nature is so grating. He is everything that is wrong with football.

Archived