IGNORED

Mark Ashton Leaving (Merged)

Harry

55 minutes ago, ciderwithtommy said:

I am making a promise to myself not to talk about these conmen anymore - after this final thought....

if Ashton really believes all his best mates, cousins etc are the best at what they do, how could he take all of them from us, and the amazing owner Steve lansdown, and leave us so badly in the lurch? 

it’s the final confirmation, although unneeded, he never had the best interest of this club at heart, it was always his own interests he served. 

don’t get me wrong, so glad he and shipman etc have left the building, but his bare faced lying and underhanded nature is so grating. He is everything that is wrong with football.

Agreed. The fact he has taken pretty much his whole team with him indicates that he believes they all did a great job under his watch. Which is simply a deluded view to have.

I find him taking Andy Rolls with him the strangest decision. Ashton got a huge amount of flack for our injury record, which it could be argued wasn’t really his fault, but then he takes the man who is ultimately responsible. He’s either a glutton for punishment or is so deluded he can’t see the errors in his previous recruitment process, so happily makes the same mistakes again and smiles smugly thinking he’s the messiah. I have no bad blood with Ipswich fans but I really hope he quickly gets found out for the bull shitter he clearly is. 

2 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

Agreed. The fact he has taken pretty much his whole team with him indicates that he believes they all did a great job under his watch. Which is simply a deluded view to have.

I find him taking Andy Rolls with him the strangest decision. Ashton got a huge amount of flack for our injury record, which it could be argued wasn’t really his fault, but then he takes the man who is ultimately responsible. He’s either a glutton for punishment or is so deluded he can’t see the errors in his previous recruitment process, so happily makes the same mistakes again and smiles smugly thinking he’s the messiah. I have no bad blood with Ipswich fans but I really hope he quickly gets found out for the bull shitter he clearly is. 

More likely that all of his mates and family, are so grateful that he keeps getting them well paid roles, they don't rock the boat for him. Suits both of the parties well.

27 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Brother in law

In the picture below they look more like a couple of Mafia dons preparing to wack somebody

Second key Bristol City figure to follow Mark Ashton to Ipswich Town this  summer - Bristol Live

That’s it. Uncanny that his brother in law must also have been the best person for the job. What a coincidence ….My Watford worshipping colleague said that when MA took over at Watford he became universally hated almost immediately as he apparently sacked a lot of the backroom and office staff and replaced them with his mates including his then girlfriend. And apparently questions over why they were in so much financial trouble having been in the Prem the year before.  I never bothered posting it on here before as most people would just shout ‘sour grapes’, ‘support the club’ but it seems he was right, on the ‘jobs for mates’ front at least. 

1 hour ago, Bobbie said:

It’s called surrounding yourself with people you know, so nobody from outside your clique ever gets to see your incompetence.

O’Leary above him, Werhun beneath, Rolls and the other medical guy, on the footballing side.

I bet Cook can’t wait to have MA leading recruitment.  Does he actually know what his role as CEO is?  He does, but it’s all ego….look at me with my new signing.

54 minutes ago, lenred said:

That’s it. Uncanny that his brother in law must also have been the best person for the job. What a coincidence ….My Watford worshipping colleague said that when MA took over at Watford he became universally hated almost immediately as he apparently sacked a lot of the backroom and office staff and replaced them with his mates including his then girlfriend. And apparently questions over why they were in so much financial trouble having been in the Prem the year before.  I never bothered posting it on here before as most people would just shout ‘sour grapes’, ‘support the club’ but it seems he was right, on the ‘jobs for mates’ front at least. 

Basically, he’s just creaming money out of football however he can.

8 hours ago, stawey said:

yesterday our problem, today gone hopefully never to appear again. smug git  

I live in Norfolk, now I have to put up with him on the local news. I can't wait for the promised first interview later!!!!

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

If anyone wants to reminisce or play bullshit bingo, full quotes from Ashton now on Ipswich sites. The recruitment piece is strangely familiar…

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/40376/ashton-priority-is-to-get-some-players-in

Well he getting the quotes in early no DNA reference though!

2 hours ago, glynriley said:

More likely that all of his mates and family, are so grateful that he keeps getting them well paid roles, they don't rock the boat for him. Suits both of the parties well.

And I'm sure they all do very nicely out of it. 

2 hours ago, miloemily said:

They look like team **** to me. Cringeworthy. 

If you meant Team

u

t

I couldn't agree more. 

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

If anyone wants to reminisce or play bullshit bingo, full quotes from Ashton now on Ipswich sites. The recruitment piece is strangely familiar…

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/40376/ashton-priority-is-to-get-some-players-in

I especially love the part where Ashton repeatedly says he knows nothing about recruitment and that's not his job.

He then goes on to say that he wants all the data on his bullshit dashboard and then he can fully understand the recruitment plan.

Fully qualified and vastly experienced scouts are apparently only half the story according to Captain Bollocks, his data analysis forms the other half.

So much for not being involved in recruitment.

Unfortunately, one of the Town fans in the comments posted "he sounds like a proper CEO"

Unfortunately for them he's half right, he SOUNDS like a proper CEO but in practice he's absolutely shite.

Anyone seen a farewell statement for Mark Ashton on the official site?

Seems a little odd if none has been posted.

Maybe the site just didn’t have the capacity to accommodate the one he wrote himself about all his successes, how he has propelled us up the table and how he built a strong, bonded squad of talented footballers.

2 hours ago, RedRock said:

Anyone seen a farewell statement for Mark Ashton on the official site?

Ashton's leaving statement in full:

Dear Customers

It is with a heavy heart I leave Bristol, the football club I helped to found in 2015, to move on to pastures newer and greener.

From the early amateur days under Mr Steven Cotterill I and my staff, Mr Steven and Jon Lansdown, have transformed this club into the slick operation you see before you today.

I am personally responsible for every success during this period which includes highlights such as watching someone develop a new training ground and watching as my team beat Manchester United in the cup.

My off field activities were a total success with intra team ball playing person investment showing a percentage increase through external sales expenditure when measured against internal cost spends. This has helped to keep Bristol financially at the forefront of budget deployment.

My data analytics system, dubbed "DNA" by my followers has proved an outstanding success and with my medical team we were able to pioneer long player rest periods in some cases, of almost a season in length, to ensure of ball distribution staff were always fresh and ready to go.

I was absolutely delighted when the office staff, Steve,Jon and all the gang informed me they were naming the Bristol Stadium in my honour and I know that "Ashton's Great" will be a wonderful home for Bristol for many years to come.

So, as I leave Steve to run the club, I and my entire staff will be heading up the M4 towards Ipswich, confident of the outstanding humans we leave behind.

Sadly, it will be Ipswich not Bristol gracing the European Super League in five years time but I wish myself and my club every success until then 

Thank you for sending us your money.

Toodles

Mark

8 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

I especially love the part where Ashton repeatedly says he knows nothing about recruitment and that's not his job.

Unfortunately, one of the Town fans in the comments posted "he sounds like a proper CEO"

Did you make up both of those remarks? 

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I still have a feeling Cook won’t be there by the end of the window.

I have picked up on you repeating this. I follow your line of thinking but I wonder if you might have heard a little more than you care to divulge?

I suppose if players now start to come in, while he is still there, you could argue it's all hunky dory... Unless?!

3 hours ago, havanatopia said:

From the article:

What I don't do it, I don't do talent identification and I don't scout, I don't identify the players, I don't watch enough football to do that, it's not my skill set.

From the posts below it:

braveblue added 17:10 - Jun 1

Sounds like a proper CEO. Hopefully everyone can now see the previous jokes that Evans appointed.

So no, I didn't make them up. 

16 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

He's set his stall out early. Getting the quotes in so that disgruntled fans can't point a finger at him with regard to players being recruited.

According to that interview he can only be judged on negotiating skills and keeping the books afloat.

Its almost like a parting message to us as well...in as much as this is what I did at City.

His quotes about clear messages as to how the team will play and type of player required hit a nerve. 

It'll be interesting to compare in the next few seasons our recruitment, sales and targets.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/40375/ashton-too-big-an-opportunity-to-turn-down

Full on Bullshit Bingo here, but this bit stood out:

Looking back on his five and a half years at Ashton Gate, he said: “An amazing time, amazing people. Amazing ownership and there was a group of people that build the stadium, I can’t take credit for that but there was a group of people behind the scenes that built an incredible stadium.

“The training ground was my project, I think we leave them with an incredible legacy in the academy with a production line of players, nine or 10 first-team debuts this season.

The quote that struck me (in the context of buying a house 5 mins from Portman Road) ‘You can’t run football club remotely’. Spot on. Our owner lives in a different territory, while the chairman seems now to be domiciled in a different country. That’s why MA was given so much responsibility and authority. Not a likeable individual certainly but I think we might be in for a bit of a shock next season if we think that we can purge the club of him and his entire network while rebuilding a squad capable of a solid championship performance.

5 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

The quote that struck me (in the context of buying a house 5 mins from Portman Road) ‘You can’t run football club remotely’. Spot on. Our owner lives in a different territory, while the chairman seems now to be domiciled in a different country. That’s why MA was given so much responsibility and authority. Not a likeable individual certainly but I think we might be in for a bit of a shock next season if we think that we can purge the club of him and his entire network while rebuilding a squad capable of a solid championship performance.

I think the opposite. ‘He’ brought through Webster, Brownhill worked under Johnson prior, Kodjia/Flint were pre Ashton & Bryan/Kelly/Reid we’re academy and here many years before Ashton. 

He’s signed one good player out of 50, and his medical team and management forced Pearson into fielding children because our entire team was out due to his incompetence.

Total spin from the spin doctor.

17 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

My god. The only way I can describe how this feels is it's like we've given Ipswich a Trojan Horse and they're singing and dancing around it ?

6 hours ago, havanatopia said:

I have picked up on you repeating this. I follow your line of thinking but I wonder if you might have heard a little more than you care to divulge?

I suppose if players now start to come in, while he is still there, you could argue it's all hunky dory... Unless?!

No, nothing ITK, just feel Cook is pretty principled and won’t stand MA BS.

3 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Cook isnt a yes man, thats how he strikes me.

I cant see him lasting.

They certainly need to hit the ground running there.

Yep.

Archived