IGNORED

Mark Ashton Leaving (Merged)

Harry

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

No, nothing ITK, just feel Cook is pretty principled and won’t stand MA BS.

My gut feeling is that MA will have more power at Ipswich than he did here. 

LJ had the Lansdowns to protect him so to speak.

When you look at the owners, the links, backgrounds and people being employed, I would say MA has a more powerful position than Cook. And if push came to shove...MA would win.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I posted on the Ipswich town forum what they can expect from Ashton and Rolls.........some of them reckon that we’re looking for a scapegoat...........:dunno:

Almost, but not quite as ignorant as the Mackems forum..........:cool2:

Jesus man, they’re about to suffer enough without you posting on their forum!

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

MA..........."I'm itching to get started"   I almost feel sorry for Ipswich Town FC.  They have no idea of the Smarmy monster they have brought in to their fold?

Surely you've missed out the candidly sincere "Let me be clear..."  and the equally impressive "full and frank . . . " both staple fill ins to get the BS machine bleeping wildly.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

I posted on the Ipswich town forum what they can expect from Ashton and Rolls.........some of them reckon that we’re looking for a scapegoat...........:dunno:

Almost, but not quite as ignorant as the Mackems forum..........:cool2:

Does the Sheff Wed forum know that you're 2 timing them with the Tractor Boys forum? Which sounds altogether more sinister and slightly suggestive!!

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

No, nothing ITK, just feel Cook is pretty principled and won’t stand MA BS.

Yep.

I can see Cook on his way early doors if Ipswich aren't top 4 after 10 then what price Lee Johnson to renew his relationship with MA after falling short at Sunderland.

Also noted in the interview at ITFC he mentions Werhun but doesn't say he is a relative [is it his nephew or cousin?]

22 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Does the Sheff Wed forum know that you're 2 timing them with the Tractor Boys forum? Which sounds altogether more sinister and slightly suggestive!!

I feel that it’s an obligation to educate Owls and Tractor Boys fans when either have a link to Bristol City. It’s also useful to get their take on any players we might be linked with, Tom Lees for example.

I first visited the Tractor Boys forum when we signed Webster from them asking why they let him go - because they were skint is why................:dunno:

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I feel that it’s an obligation to educate Owls and Tractor Boys fans when either have a link to Bristol City. It’s also useful to get their take on any players we might be linked with, Tom Lees for example.

I first visited the Tractor Boys forum when we signed Webster from them asking why they let him go - because they were skint is why................:dunno:

Why would you believe their forum and not wait for the Ipswich OS???

i for one feel sorry for the tractor boys now the smiling creep has got through the door with his cronies  he has now starting building his empire and will 

scheme until he is sussed by the owners. we are now day two without ashon and his gang and i feel so much better

2 minutes ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

That really was a load of waffle. He wants to “build something special” and “move the club forward”. It’s a shame the interviewer didn’t ask him to be more specific.

I remember the Few winning at Lincoln early last season and some roaster claimed Garner was "building something special"............it's just cack football speak spouted by utter bullshitters that means the sum total of **** all.

1 hour ago, Street red said:

Absolute waffle!! He's now a builder by the way ? but more striking is that interview is everything he said at city.. A man that likes control not sorry to see you leave Mr Ashton.

Wasn’t Lee a Builder?

Then he decided he wanted to be a Gardener?

God, I don’t miss that bullshit….from either of them.

Likes to build teams?

You what? 

He destroyed the best ‘family’ of players we ever had that Cotts built and then proceeded to produce a totally dysfunctional outfit of disinterested, disconnected, hopeless players. 

38 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Likes to build teams?

You what? 

He destroyed the best ‘family’ of players we ever had that Cotts built and then proceeded to produce a totally dysfunctional outfit of disinterested, disconnected, hopeless players. 

He didn't say he was any good at it! Just that he likes to build them ?

I've just listened to the interview. He made a great effort to avoiding saying "I", "me" and "my" all the time. The problem is that he kept talking about himself anyway and just changed the pronouns to plural. Which is confusing. At one point, it seemed like he was saying that he had worked with Mike O'Leary at City.

Moving on to adjectives:

A very disappointing lack of "outstanding", "rigorous" or (my favourite) "vigorous".  (The "bought" instead of "brought" didn't really compensate.)

He played safe with "good", "nice", "great" and "exciting" for most of the interview.

When referring to those below him, he tends to use "good" most of the time. 

The owners of Ipswich and "Bristol" are, on the other hand, all "fantastic". And all four are "supportive". SL was "incredibly supportive". Make of that what you will.

Doesn't seem to think much of Paul Cook. He used "clear" twice to describe him and nothing else. The highlight of PC's career is, apparently, having met Mark "on the circuit".

A little tip for you all. Find an interview online with Richard Gould. It's like comparing Arthur Mullard with Lawrence Olivier.

On 01/06/2021 at 12:00, lenred said:

MA’s right hand man wasn’t he?  And some kind of family member I think. 

Luke might have been his right hand man, but MA also had a PA too. I’m hearing they too have left but unclear if they have followed him to Ipswich at the moment. In other words, a complete clear out.

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Wasn’t Lee a Builder?

Then he decided he wanted to be a Gardener?

God, I don’t miss that bullshit….from either of them.

Another thing Ashton said he tracks managers?Does he? Could of called me ?,I would be very worried if I was Paul cook as Mr Ashton is only 5 mins away and don't think he will be getting much breathing space.

I won't miss it either and we slowly get our club back.

9 hours ago, RedZepperin said:

Doesn't seem to think much of Paul Cook.

Not surprising...

Cook's not a badge wearing member of the 'Billy Bullshit Club......

It's a marriage I'd be worrying about.

Ashton & Cook certainly not 'birds of a feather & I wonder how long before differences in approach start to grate....

Archived