IGNORED

Mark Ashton Leaving (Merged)

Harry

18 hours ago, RedM said:

Luke might have been his right hand man, but MA also had a PA too. I’m hearing they too have left but unclear if they have followed him to Ipswich at the moment. In other words, a complete clear out.

His wife/partner? Was at Watford apparently! 

20 minutes ago, Mr X said:

An interesting read from the Ipswich forum about Ashton, how well City performed under him and how all the injury problems last year would have been because of the impact of  Covid

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/509916/mark-ashton--again/#61

To be fair to Ipswich fans , if you look at the club from the outside there is no doubt that during Ashton’s time that the club it has been successful. 

It’s only when you look at the problems the club has had as a CEO it’s difficult to defend Ashton (along with others).

Add into similar comments at other clubs and it’s clear it’s not just us with those views. Let’s see how things develop at Ipswich 

20 minutes ago, Mr X said:

An interesting read from the Ipswich forum about Ashton, how well City performed under him and how all the injury problems last year would have been because of the impact of  Covid

You have to accept tractor boys are ready to clutch at any straws given how poor they have become in & off pitch.

A shiny new CEO must sound like manna from heaven & they are not prepared to entertain anything uncomfortable truths that might disrupt the dream.

However, it won’t be long before the only veneer they can’t see through will be Ashton’s new teeth.

How they can conveniently ignore the responsibility of a CEO for the overall health of a club is hilarious.

27 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Read the first dozen or so comments then realised it's like reading something on the Rovers forum (albeit with better grammar and understanding of the English language).

@daored is right, from the outside looking in it would seem that we are bitter. However when he first came to us, along with supporters from West Brom and Watford telling us what we're now telling the Ipswich idiots, quite a few of us starting doing some digging, and it wasn't long before you dig up the dirt so to speak.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that at least three sets of supporters are now saying very similar things - are all 3 sets of fans bitter and jealous then?

What they should ask themselves, is that if he was doing such a wonderful job for us, why has he jumped ship to a club who have done nothing for years and are in a league below?

End of the day, let them believe the Mark Ashton Bullshit-ometer. Let them believe that he is solely responsible for building our training ground, and that he has no say in players signed or get involved in anything like that.

Let them bury their heads in the sand like an ostrich, and whilst we're on that subject, is it any coincidence that Ashtons job comes to an end immediately after an experienced guy like Pearson comes in?

Johnson inexperienced and green, Holden very much so. 2 coaches under his reign, that could be easily influenced/swayed. Pearson, not so. 

Yes Ashton had obviously been working on the Ipswich deal whilst working here (and that in it's own right should ring alarm bells to them), and that had been going on long before Pearson took charge. He would have known his time was up though, and that the chances are the next appointment would be a more experienced one that he couldn't manipulate.

Let them carry on thinking whatever they want. They'll soon realise.

3 hours ago, daored said:

To be fair to Ipswich fans , if you look at the club from the outside there is no doubt that during Ashton’s time that the club it has been successful. 

It's as if none of it would have happened if we'd had a different CEO, as if none of it had anything to do with the manager or players here during his time. The core of that squad being players already here before Ashton.

I'd ask them to look at how we were doing once the squad had a majority of players bought during Ashton's time and look at the one manager he appointed all by himself.  

But there are none so blind as those with cloth ears

3 hours ago, Mr X said:

They've fallen into that trap already thinking he's the bee's knees,Ok you can look at the positions we've finished over the last few years and it all looks lovely and Rosey on the outside but have they looked at the amount of players we've signed, The quality of football, The clubs communication with fans etc etc etc the list goes on.. Think they've got a wake up call in coming!! 

Ps Ipswich fans we don't have a devine right to be anywhere and if that's what you think we take it you obviously don't know alot!!! 

In fairness, no new CEO is going to go into any business and say 'I want to build something shit'......the question is, by Ipswich standards, what classifies as 'special'..? After all, by their own admission, they've been run by a PE teacher and a control freak!

4 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Aye, they've got us bang to rights, especially on the divine promotion right and vendettas etc. 

You REALLY think most City fans think we have a right to get promoted? The fans don't like MA because he's a smug **** mainly, that's all.

I am starting to think you are just a WUM on this forum now. You must be laughing at everything you post

2 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Well, there's been lots of threads on that kinda thing recently including other clubs over taking us etc, perhaps you missed them.  Many fans of other teams have similar views about our arrogance and I suspect we'll rate quite highly in a disliked clubs list if it's done again. 'small man syndrome' we have as a club, heck we're generally envious and jealous of the rugby because 'success' 

And then, straight back to the insults. Really dont like views being challenged? 

I really think you are missing the point of those threads completely. No fans are there saying how dare they get there before us, it's more of an indictment of how we as a club have just been allowed to stagnate for so many years, no one's gone they don't deserve to be above us because we are Bristol City. No one thinks that, if anything I don't think there are many clubs out there that have a much more critical fanbase towards its club
Who cares if other clubs dislike us? Is anyone really envious of the rugby club ? I think that's in your own mind.

Because you come up with some really odd points of views that incite reactions and i'm not the only one who notices the constant contrarian opinion which leads me to think you might just be a wind up merchant.

19 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Aye, they've got us bang to rights, especially on the divine promotion right and vendettas etc. 

Really? Not seen too many, if any at all, views on this forum from anyone who thinks we've got a divine right to promotion, far from it......the majority on here are fairly pragmatic about our chances, but just want the club to grasp the mantle and see what can actually be achieved when everyone, and I mean everyone, pulls in the same direction. For a club of this size, the catchment area, the facilities etc - all the cliches that we hear time and again but fail to live up to. Cotts did it. And that is certainly the NP direction.

11 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Well, there's been lots of threads on that kinda thing recently including other clubs over taking us etc, perhaps you missed them.  Many fans of other teams have similar views about our arrogance and I suspect we'll rate quite highly in a disliked clubs list if it's done again. 'small man syndrome' we have as a club, heck we're generally envious and jealous of the rugby because 'success' 

And then, straight back to the insults. Really dont like views being challenged? 

Not really. Think Lee Johnson did a lot to give us that reputation, as fans it's the repeated mistakes of the last 10 years that have led to frustrations. I don't expect us to get promotion, but watching clubs of our stature manage it whilst we tread water and stagnate does sting. That's why there's constant talk about it, if it seemed impossible there wouldn't be a discussion, it's the fact that its perfectly attainable but we can't get there despite Lansdown spunking millions upon millions up the wall that sparks such talk.

Cracking quote this, what division were we in 10 years ago....?

In Ashtons time City have outperformed expectation most years and solidified a position in a division that they were only dreaming about 10 years ago

56 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Really? Not seen too many, if any at all, views on this forum from anyone who thinks we've got a divine right to promotion, far from it......the majority on here are fairly pragmatic about our chances, but just want the club to grasp the mantle and see what can actually be achieved when everyone, and I mean everyone, pulls in the same direction. For a club of this size, the catchment area, the facilities etc - all the cliches that we hear time and again but fail to live up to. Cotts did it. And that is certainly the NP direction.

I believe we have a divine right. It was post numerous cheddar valleys and I saw a bright white light and I just knew at that moment it was going to happen

No; we do not have a divine right to be promoted. It is though a topic of conversation and its bound to be especially when you consider teams like Watford, Huddersfield, Brighton to name but a few have reached the Premier League. Brighton were our blueprint a few years ago, yet we continue to miss out. 

We have a wealthy owner, a revamped state of the art stadium, and a new training ground. We have had a high profile CEO and the stadium has been used for high profile public events which showcases the club even further. Everything off the pitch is first class. Where we are lacking is on the football side of the pitch.

The longer it goes on the more it will be debated, especially given that most of the teams in the Championship have appeared in the Premier League.

So no; we don't have a divine right to anything. In fact we should've been relegated last season given our poor form. I am hoping for a mid table finish next season, anything more will be a bonus such is the state we are in.

Given all of the control and decision making made in recent years maybe one of the new residents in Suffolk could give us an explanation as to why we've been left in such a mess on the field.  

23 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

It's a fair comment, but to other fans we come across as entitled idiots. Think Wolves of the Mid late 1990s with the team of Richards, Keane etc. 

Everyone without fail despised them because of billy big balls entitlement. We're now that wolves position, especially as were now one of the most established Champs teams.  Think it is us Derby and Forest who have longest runs at present, will stand corrected though

How do you know that's true? Because a few Ipswich fans have said that and maybe some fans who have never liked Bristol City have said that. They don't know anything about how this club has operated inside and out so how could they possibly know and I think if you actually read the forum you would see far more posters who are pessimistic of our chances than optimistic (Again, it's not reflection of an entire fanbase). 

We are not an entitled fan base, it's something that's been made up on an assumption that we believe we deserve promotion and belong in the top flight. Total nonsense, no City fan truly believes that and if they do then they are delusional.

On your final comment. Reading, QPR and Preston have been in the Championship as long as us too..... and having read Preston supporters comments about themselves watching other sides make Promotion they also feel similar to what we do - it's not entitlement.

Archived