IGNORED

Mark Ashton Leaving (Merged)

Harry

18 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Why would you believe their forum and not wait for the Ipswich OS???

Of course I read their OS before I posted. There’s a link to the familiar bollocks that Ashton said on here.

i for one feel sorry for the tractor boys now the smiling creep has got through the door with his cronies  he has now starting building his empire and will 

scheme until he is sussed by the owners. we are now day two without ashon and his gang and i feel so much better

37 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Waffle

Absolute waffle!! He's now a builder by the way 😂 but more striking is that interview is everything he said at city.. A man that likes control not sorry to see you leave Mr Ashton.

Edited by Street red

2 minutes ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

That really was a load of waffle. He wants to “build something special” and “move the club forward”. It’s a shame the interviewer didn’t ask him to be more specific.

I remember the Few winning at Lincoln early last season and some roaster claimed Garner was "building something special"............it's just cack football speak spouted by utter bullshitters that means the sum total of **** all.

1 hour ago, Street red said:

Absolute waffle!! He's now a builder by the way 😂 but more striking is that interview is everything he said at city.. A man that likes control not sorry to see you leave Mr Ashton.

Wasn’t Lee a Builder?

Then he decided he wanted to be a Gardener?

God, I don’t miss that bullshit….from either of them.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Likes to build teams?

You what? 

He destroyed the best ‘family’ of players we ever had that Cotts built and then proceeded to produce a totally dysfunctional outfit of disinterested, disconnected, hopeless players. 

• Like 19

38 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Likes to build teams?

You what? 

He destroyed the best ‘family’ of players we ever had that Cotts built and then proceeded to produce a totally dysfunctional outfit of disinterested, disconnected, hopeless players. 

He didn't say he was any good at it! Just that he likes to build them 😅

Edited by Banned User
  • Like 2
  • Haha 13

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Waffle

He's just a sales man with no substance, fair play to him that he's been quite successful as a sales man but at no point has he produced or made anything. 

• Like 2

I've just listened to the interview. He made a great effort to avoiding saying "I", "me" and "my" all the time. The problem is that he kept talking about himself anyway and just changed the pronouns to plural. Which is confusing. At one point, it seemed like he was saying that he had worked with Mike O'Leary at City.

Moving on to adjectives:

A very disappointing lack of "outstanding", "rigorous" or (my favourite) "vigorous".  (The "bought" instead of "brought" didn't really compensate.)

He played safe with "good", "nice", "great" and "exciting" for most of the interview.

When referring to those below him, he tends to use "good" most of the time. 

The owners of Ipswich and "Bristol" are, on the other hand, all "fantastic". And all four are "supportive". SL was "incredibly supportive". Make of that what you will.

Doesn't seem to think much of Paul Cook. He used "clear" twice to describe him and nothing else. The highlight of PC's career is, apparently, having met Mark "on the circuit".

A little tip for you all. Find an interview online with Richard Gould. It's like comparing Arthur Mullard with Lawrence Olivier.

• Like 9

On 01/06/2021 at 12:00, lenred said:

MA’s right hand man wasn’t he?  And some kind of family member I think. 

Luke might have been his right hand man, but MA also had a PA too. I’m hearing they too have left but unclear if they have followed him to Ipswich at the moment. In other words, a complete clear out.

• Like 1

On 01/06/2021 at 19:00, Merrick's Marvels said:

And I'm sure they all do very nicely out of it. 

If you meant Team

u

t

I couldn't agree more. 

whats happening next Tuesday?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Wasn’t Lee a Builder?

Then he decided he wanted to be a Gardener?

God, I don’t miss that bullshit….from either of them.

Another thing Ashton said he tracks managers?Does he? Could of called me 😂,I would be very worried if I was Paul cook as Mr Ashton is only 5 mins away and don't think he will be getting much breathing space.

I won't miss it either and we slowly get our club back.

9 hours ago, RedZepperin said:

Doesn't seem to think much of Paul Cook.

Not surprising...

Cook's not a badge wearing member of the 'Billy Bullshit Club......

It's a marriage I'd be worrying about.

Ashton & Cook certainly not 'birds of a feather & I wonder how long before differences in approach start to grate....

Edited by Son of Fred

20 hours ago, Tomo said:

Waffle

I just forced myself to watch and listen to this....all the way through!

I'm so glad we are finally rid of him and his band of followers!

Welcome Richard Gould.  👌

• Like 4

18 hours ago, RedM said:

Luke might have been his right hand man, but MA also had a PA too. I’m hearing they too have left but unclear if they have followed him to Ipswich at the moment. In other words, a complete clear out.

His wife/partner? Was at Watford apparently! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mr X said:

An interesting read from the Ipswich forum about Ashton, how well City performed under him and how all the injury problems last year would have been because of the impact of  Covid

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/509916/mark-ashton--again/#61

To be fair to Ipswich fans , if you look at the club from the outside there is no doubt that during Ashton’s time that the club it has been successful. 

It’s only when you look at the problems the club has had as a CEO it’s difficult to defend Ashton (along with others).

Add into similar comments at other clubs and it’s clear it’s not just us with those views. Let’s see how things develop at Ipswich 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mr X said:

An interesting read from the Ipswich forum about Ashton, how well City performed under him and how all the injury problems last year would have been because of the impact of  Covid

You have to accept tractor boys are ready to clutch at any straws given how poor they have become in & off pitch.

A shiny new CEO must sound like manna from heaven & they are not prepared to entertain anything uncomfortable truths that might disrupt the dream.

However, it won’t be long before the only veneer they can’t see through will be Ashton’s new teeth.

How they can conveniently ignore the responsibility of a CEO for the overall health of a club is hilarious.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Read the first dozen or so comments then realised it's like reading something on the Rovers forum (albeit with better grammar and understanding of the English language).

@daored is right, from the outside looking in it would seem that we are bitter. However when he first came to us, along with supporters from West Brom and Watford telling us what we're now telling the Ipswich idiots, quite a few of us starting doing some digging, and it wasn't long before you dig up the dirt so to speak.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that at least three sets of supporters are now saying very similar things - are all 3 sets of fans bitter and jealous then?

What they should ask themselves, is that if he was doing such a wonderful job for us, why has he jumped ship to a club who have done nothing for years and are in a league below?

End of the day, let them believe the Mark Ashton Bullshit-ometer. Let them believe that he is solely responsible for building our training ground, and that he has no say in players signed or get involved in anything like that.

Let them bury their heads in the sand like an ostrich, and whilst we're on that subject, is it any coincidence that Ashtons job comes to an end immediately after an experienced guy like Pearson comes in?

Johnson inexperienced and green, Holden very much so. 2 coaches under his reign, that could be easily influenced/swayed. Pearson, not so. 

Yes Ashton had obviously been working on the Ipswich deal whilst working here (and that in it's own right should ring alarm bells to them), and that had been going on long before Pearson took charge. He would have known his time was up though, and that the chances are the next appointment would be a more experienced one that he couldn't manipulate.

Let them carry on thinking whatever they want. They'll soon realise.

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

3 hours ago, daored said:

To be fair to Ipswich fans , if you look at the club from the outside there is no doubt that during Ashton’s time that the club it has been successful. 

It's as if none of it would have happened if we'd had a different CEO, as if none of it had anything to do with the manager or players here during his time. The core of that squad being players already here before Ashton.

I'd ask them to look at how we were doing once the squad had a majority of players bought during Ashton's time and look at the one manager he appointed all by himself.  

But there are none so blind as those with cloth ears

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

3 hours ago, Mr X said:

They've fallen into that trap already thinking he's the bee's knees,Ok you can look at the positions we've finished over the last few years and it all looks lovely and Rosey on the outside but have they looked at the amount of players we've signed, The quality of football, The clubs communication with fans etc etc etc the list goes on.. Think they've got a wake up call in coming!! 

Ps Ipswich fans we don't have a devine right to be anywhere and if that's what you think we take it you obviously don't know alot!!!