IGNORED

2+2

BLRed

I just look at it curiously that they have $575m after their IPO is that the entire fund or what they're sinking into football? On the face of it a club like Newcastle would be ideal for them but think Ashley wanted £300m(?) to sell Newcastle, that would leave the group with £118m or $162m, how much would get sunk into Newcastle leaving them less for other investments. They could obviously aim for a smaller PL club which would cost less to buy, say Palace (rumoured to be up for sale in 2019) however buying a championship club with potential is a riskier move but potentially a much bigger pay off for them if it worked.

• Admin
4 hours ago, BOSRed said:

https://t.co/7VGPXM5v7B

Hope the link works.

scudamore gets involved with moneyball American group looking to buy into a prem club.

we need a new CEO, Lansdown looking for investment, some could say we’re prem club in the making with the infrastructure. All this seems to link nicely...

Except we AREN'T a Premier League club, which is the main thing they want

52 minutes ago, phantom said:

Except we AREN'T a Premier League club, which is the main thing they want

I agree that makes this unlikely and I think there is nothing in this.

But there is one counter-argument. Billy Beane is involved and his entire background is around ignoring the instinctively obvious if there is potential elsewhere. There is an argument that the smaller London and North-West clubs have a limit to their potential due to competition in their area and that we've got potential as a long term investment simply due to the fact that, if we were the only club in England to the West and the South of Birmingham offering Premier League football, our potential catchment area is vast. I can see someone seeing that as a better investment than some of the smaller Premier League clubs.

Still think there's nothing in this though. 

Archived