IGNORED

Gregor's Thoughts

9 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Thank you, mate. Was a corker tbf, and never thought it would all happen quite as quickly as this. 

I should point out, as I did in the original post, that the Ashton to Ipswich part of the rumour did come from the Ipswich end, so this wasn't someone at Ashton Gate doing it to piss Ashton off. 

Thanks for sharing it. 

I've always been surprised by the scornful reaction some posters have towards people sharing information. People can take or leave what people share, not complicated. Despite that - some people always try to shoot down anyone who's "ITK" or shares insider info. I can only imagine it's jealousy. 

55 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Thanks for sharing it. 

I've always been surprised by the scornful reaction some posters have towards people sharing information. People can take or leave what people share, not complicated. Despite that - some people always try to shoot down anyone who's "ITK" or shares insider info. I can only imagine it's jealousy. 

It would be pretty odd if no one on this forum, either worked in the game, had relatives that do, or know people in it through work or social scene. 

So like you say, take it or leave it, but mindless to just dismiss it. Never understood that...it's easy to spot the fakers and attention seekers. Thankfully not many on here.

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

It would be pretty odd if no one on this forum, either worked in the game, had relatives that do, or know people in it through work or social scene. 

So like you say, take it or leave it, but mindless to just dismiss it. Never understood that...it's easy to spot the fakers and attention seekers. Thankfully not many on here.

Agreed. I think generally people post things in good faith. I think I've 'heard' about 3 or 4 things during my time following the club. Most of those were during the GJ era unfortunately so a long time ago now!

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Agreed. I think generally people post things in good faith. I think I've 'heard' about 3 or 4 things during my time following the club. Most of those were during the GJ era unfortunately so a long time ago now!

Most of us hear things and some post on here but to me it’s speculation and rumour without any hard evidence. Hearsay is not admissible in a court of law.

I know that I chunter on about it but the only truly accurate club information is when it’s announced via the OS.

people using Gregor not reporting rumours as a stick to beat him yet, yet also dismiss a lot of stuff he published because it’s supposedly just rumours ??

Someone mentioned it above, but the guy knows so much it’s unreal, and I’m sure there’s a lot he’d love to just write about. You can’t just post stuff without enough concrete evidence otherwise it’s career over. 

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Most of us hear things and some post on here but to me it’s speculation and rumour without any hard evidence. Hearsay is not admissible in a court of law.

I know that I chunter on about it but the only truly accurate club information is when it’s announced via the OS.

Everyone knows that. I don't know why you keep tediously reminding people as if it's some massive hot take, it's just internet 101.

The thing is if you refuse to believe anything apart from officially announced and media managed news, you will always be the last to know. It's up to you as a consumer to evaluate what you take seriously and what you ignore.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Do you believe everything the Club put out Robbo? I certainly don't.

Like any business or organisation they'll say things that aren't necessarily true. Especially when previous employees have left and had to sign a 'gagging order'.

The Club would have us believe that it was MA that achieved our Academy status and he put all the hard work in, as an example. Yeah right oh... ?

But people who don't know any better would believe the club's ' theory'.

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

The thing is if you refuse to believe anything apart from officially announced and media managed news, you will always be the last to know. It's up to you as a consumer to evaluate what you take seriously and what you ignore.

That’s exactly what I do PF..............:cool2:

3 hours ago, spudski said:

Do you believe everything the Club put out Robbo? I certainly don't.

Like any business or organisation they'll say things that aren't necessarily true. Especially when previous employees have left and had to sign a 'gagging order'.

The Club would have us believe that it was MA that achieved our Academy status and he put all the hard work in, as an example. Yeah right oh... ?

But people who don't know any better would believe the club's ' theory'.

I believe OS on matters relating to players moving  in and out. I also believe announcements like the Ashton departure and I’ll believe it when the new CEO is appointed. 

Im experienced enough not to read the flannel and other ‘merits’ such as the guff regarding Ashton. That’s just inflated bluff that we all know is aimed at making him look better than he actually was.

I imagine all clubs do the same sort of bluff when one of their hierarchy leaves.

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

At the time this post was unproven rumour - which happened to be true.

We've clearly established that many people do pay attention to rumours even if you don't. That's their choice, they're well aware that the OS will confirm things when they happen. Why do you need to tediously remind people of your own views on it over and over again?

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

We've clearly established that many people do pay attention to rumours even if you don't. That's their choice, they're well aware that the OS will confirm things when they happen. Why do you need to tediously remind people of your own views on it over and over again?

I won't believe Robbored's comments until they are on the OS

9 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

My two "involvments" in transfers are years old so no internet to publicise them.

October 1961 after Reading v City at Elm Park. This guy started asking a small group of young City fans about our two wingers. We all rattled on about Jimmy Rogers but he kept mentioning John McCann. In Evening Post on the next Monday was a picture of Jack Connor signing for City and this guy next to him. He was Huddersfield chief scout and they got McCann in exchange.

I was working in Telford, 1988-9 and met Mark Kendall, Wolves goalie. Chatted football and he said if I meet Joe Jordan, to tell him he, Kendall, would like a move nearer to his Swansea home. At Chester City a week later I passed it on to Joe. He said thanks with a completely blank look.

So I had a teeny weeny part in Jack Connor coming to City but sod all else in seventy years! So if I post any gems, they should be ignored.

Interesting listen. But the truth is never mind about what good contacts he has got and things about finding the right players and selling them on for a profit. What matters to me are the results and the way we play. Get those two things right and you've got one happy fan.

I congratulate KITR on getting it right, again! It's happened so many times now I really don't know why some question it.

On Ashton, I never liked his delivery, always found him smarmy, slippery, arrogant and rather condescending but, I stomached it until the Holden charade where he was 'the best man for the job'. Spin and bullshit, I lost all faith in anything Ashton said after that plus what I stomached before really started to annoy me.

Do I knock what he's done here? Probably not.

Is he worth the obscene salary? Probably not.

Am I glad he's going? Yes but the replacement will have a great bearing on that.

Would I want to have a beer with him? Christ no! Obnoxious blown up car salesman is how I'll remember him and I don't particularly like salesmen (no offence to anyone on here in sales)!

GG didn't even mention his delivery I notice.

Archived