IGNORED

Gregor's Thoughts

6 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I congratulate KITR on getting it right, again! It's happened so many times now I really don't know why some question it.

On Ashton, I never liked his delivery, always found him smarmy, slippery, arrogant and rather condescending but, I stomached it until the Holden charade where he was 'the best man for the job'. Spin and bullshit, I lost all faith in anything Ashton said after that plus what I stomached before really started to annoy me.

Do I knock what he's done here? Probably not.

Is he worth the obscene salary? Probably not.

Am I glad he's going? Yes but the replacement will have a great bearing on that.

Would I want to have a beer with him? Christ no! Obnoxious blown up car salesman is how I'll remember him and I don't particularly like salesmen (no offence to anyone on here in sales)!

GG didn't even mention his delivery I notice.

I’m in sales ??

13 hours ago, havanatopia said:

A 39 minute glowing tribute to Mark Ashton and over the top. That's what I came away with. 

At complete odds with the majority of the fan base. 

The "majority of the fan base" being almost totally unaware or uninterested in any work he did outside of player recruitment.

6 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

The "majority of the fan base" being almost totally unaware or uninterested in any work he did outside of player recruitment.

I'm not sure about that actually. People always say that OTIB only represents a small % of the fanbase. Whilst in terms of regular posters that's true, the forum is widely read and (relative to our playing level) is phenomenally busy. I think it actually is a decent cross section of our support. We have a mix of personalities, ages and genders. The club pay attention to this forum, and with good reason. 

Reading social media at a wider level the comments on Ashton are much the same. Whilst OTIB is clearly a bit more high brow in the main, it's fairly clear that many fans outside of OTIB also have a bad impression of Ashton for the same reasons as on here.

15 hours ago, Robbored said:

That’s certainly true!  AS was truly dreadful.

I know he took a lot of flak over the drink driving (and rightly so), but in his defence in terms of his job, he'd gotten pretty good towards the end of his time with the Post.  His reporting was much much better in the months leading up to his departure.

2 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Why would the majority of the fan base be interested in any work he did outside of player recruitment?  That’s the space he wanted to play heavily in?  Had he recruited a DoF / HoR less scrutiny would be on him in such a key area.

I would be really interested to understand from Gregor what new revenue streams he introduced and which ones he grew?  And when I use the term he, I mean those under his control (as CEO of BCFC Ltd).

Here are the last 4 years revenues.

E90361FE-DB79-4F04-86B2-769E4CFC60E1.thumb.jpeg.9eaf90f0a2598bdfef37051aeebf450d.jpeg

5211E484-9700-451C-862E-A8B70E529FA0.thumb.jpeg.aab6d4874aa8b13e7eeb26e6b1804607.jpeg

Lets not forget that Ashton Gate Ltd bring in revenues of £11m (2020) and £13m (2019), but that’s under Kelly and Griffiths.  Nor forgetting we have a Commercial Dept under Bristol Sport, again not under MA.

Dont get me wrong, I’m not saying he doesn’t do anything else, nor do I think he’s incompetent - just that the Benjamin Bloom pod was a bit like Gregor was trying to make it “too” balanced.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I'm not sure about that actually. People always say that OTIB only represents a small % of the fanbase. Whilst in terms of regular posters that's true, the forum is widely read and (relative to our playing level) is phenomenally busy. I think it actually is a decent cross section of our support. We have a mix of personalities, ages and genders. The club pay attention to this forum, and with good reason. 

Reading social media at a wider level the comments on Ashton are much the same. Whilst OTIB is clearly a bit more high brow in the main, it's fairly clear that many fans outside of OTIB also have a bad impression of Ashton for the same reasons as on here.

Very well put honey...............:cool2:

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I now can only see you as Swiss Tony from the Fast Show!.

“Making love to a lady is like scouting a young Arsenal loanee....” 

"You need to give all the right assurances first, make clear there'll be plenty of play - you might even make a permanent arrangement - depending on performance..."

Archived