IGNORED

Holden at Stoke

fatchers

8 minutes ago, dREDful said:

FANTASTIC human. Not a coach you'd want at your club though judging on the last few years.

Well we have gone massively backwards since him and Macca were not part of the coaching team rather than him being head coach. I think he’s well regarded in that role. Good luck to him 

7 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Well we have gone massively backwards since him and Macca were not part of the coaching team rather than him being head coach. I think he’s well regarded in that role. Good luck to him 

I suggested this was coming a couple of years back. Basic football skills were being disregarded and here we are now with a team barely able to pass a ball. 

Those two were very much part of the problem. 

Not that it matters now, that chapter is thankfully closing for good. 

Good on you Deano. Good role for him as others state.
He was just too friendly/too close to the players at City. As a Manager/Head Coach, you have to keep a respectful distance from your team in order to affect change when needed and by Christ it is needed at City. NP does it well.

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Shouldn't require any upheaval to his family either. He strikes me as a big family man. I have no idea whether they uprooted down here given his role, but surely the proximity will make things easier.

This sort of role does feel a much better fit. Hope he does well. 

They didn't, they've always stayed in Manchester (think his and his wife's extended families are both close by). Obviously in normal circumstances he'd have been able to get up and down to see them when he could, but lockdown will have made that difficult.

Good luck to him, top bloke who'll be stronger for the experience of the job here.

Agree with Super (for a change!) Obviously a good assistant to Lee J, made the most of his first attempt at being boss, taking the same players we seem happy to consider 'useless' to a respectable place this season before the crippling injuries finally caught him out.

Good luck Deano and he'll get a good reception at BS3, as most previous managers do.

What excellent news to read. Whilst he was clearly the wrong appointment he is a decent man and I am sure a good coach.

I would think this is a perfect fit for him, near to his roots, an assistant supporting role and at a really good club too. 

Best of luck to him. Whilst it might not be rapturous I am sure he will be warmly welcomed back at the Gate in the future. 

Have I missed something? Yes he seemed a decent guy but all this talk of good coach ect. He's been part of the coaching set up for years of team that has no identity, no philosophy and he proved when he was given a massive opportunity to be quite clueless.

Sorry, really don't get the love in.

And yes I'm a miserable bastard today.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yep, now confirmed by Stoke official site. Good news all round - he’s nearer his home base, in a role which suits him better and assumedly that means he’s now off the payroll in advance of scheduled contract expiry.

At worst I'm guessing we may have to pay him any difference between his contract with us and his contract with Stoke until one year is up if he's on less dosh there.

Btw, good luck to him. He was entitled to go for our job but even in his wildest dreams couldn't have expected the Owner to put him in there. He just proved in the end that he wasn't really up to the top job just yet but that shouldn't make him unemployable and clearly hasn't.

Archived