IGNORED

The reason why our home form is so cr@p

CloudyThatchers

• The title was changed to The reason why our home form is so cr@p
1 minute ago, stortfordred said:

At least when the wall was there they weren’t blocking anyone’s view.  

No hang on! All discussion about Dolman early leavers was boring back in the day! Crowds in grounds are like a dim and distant dream now. I’d settle for 45 minutes let alone 85. 

Most Dolmanites went into lockdown 15 minutes before it was first announced last March.

14 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Wasn't that debunked recently? Sure someone said our pitch isn't much different in size or nothing too dramatic?

So no reason not to put it back then! I’m sure Johnson mentioned he wanted the pitch narrowed to assist our high press, short, sharp passing game plan.....that clearly worked a treat.

Colour of kit and background are very real issues. I have witnessed many times at ground level, either the opposition or our home players barely visible across the far side of the  pitch. This was particularly the case when we had the black band across the top of the shirt (2012/13). If everything is a splurge of red, there are bound to be occasions when players are missed/mistaken for something else. Not the only or main reason we're crap at home, that's more to do with the type of player we have and our game plan to suit that type of player. Much better to have a neutral background at ground level, isn't that after all why cricket screens are used?

4 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

We’ve been crap at home ever since Johnson shortened the pitch.

It was narrowed by approx 1 yard on each side which totals 2 yards. That lasted for two seasons and it was then restored back to original width.

As far as I can determine, the pitch is 115 yards (105 metres) in length and 75 yards (69metres) wide. To the best of my knowledge and memory, the pitch has always been that size, apart from the two years mentioned above, since I started watching City in 1950. Even though it has been shifted a couple of times firstly when the Dolman was built 1970(?) and again when Dolman renovated in the ground reconstruction six years ago, it has always been 115 yards long by 75 yards wide. 

So @Alan Dicks, lets not blame the pitch for our poor home performances. There are humans to blame for them.   

On 15/04/2021 at 19:43, Pezo said:

Red on red is pretty difficult distinguish. There is a bit of legend that the redcoats wore red because it hid the numbers of marching troops best. Might be nonsense. 

I would suggest we tried playing with a few extra players if they wouldn't get noticed, but I'm not sure that would help us.

On 14/04/2021 at 23:21, cidered abroad said:

It was narrowed by approx 1 yard on each side which totals 2 yards. That lasted for two seasons and it was then restored back to original width.

As far as I can determine, the pitch is 115 yards (105 metres) in length and 75 yards (69metres) wide. To the best of my knowledge and memory, the pitch has always been that size, apart from the two years mentioned above, since I started watching City in 1950. Even though it has been shifted a couple of times firstly when the Dolman was built 1970(?) and again when Dolman renovated in the ground reconstruction six years ago, it has always been 115 yards long by 75 yards wide. 

So @Alan Dicks, lets not blame the pitch for our poor home performances. There are humans to blame for them.   

I think there are many similarities between the EU and Lee Johnson in @Alan Dicks’s mind. They are to blame for every ill to ever befall us. Regardless of facts. ??

Archived