IGNORED

Managerial appointment

Robbored

For the first time in years I’m waiting to see who is appointed as our manager for next season before I renew - or maybe not.

This week has been taken up with the ‘news’ that Ashton is off to Ipswich which most if not all of us are delighted about but so far no announcement as to who’s going to be in charge next campaign.

We know that SL is here so will surely have met with Nige and hopefully agreed a deal but how long before the club give us an update on the situation?

I’m seriously concerned that if Nige doesn’t want the job or is not offered an acceptable contract that we’ll end up with yet another manager with no proven record in the Championship and we’ll end up at square one again.

It’s a worrying time.

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

For the first time in years I’m waiting to see who is appointed as our manager for next season before I renew - or maybe not.

This week has been taken up with the ‘news’ that Ashton is off to Ipswich which most if not all of us are delighted about but so far no announcement as to who’s going to be in charge next campaign.

We know that SL is here so will surely have met with Nige and hopefully agreed a deal but how long before the club give us an update on the situation?

I’m seriously concerned that if Nige doesn’t want the job or is not offered an acceptable contract that we’ll end up with yet another manager with no proven record in the Championship and we’ll end up at square one again.

It’s a worrying time.

Keep hitting F5 on the OS!

Just now, BOSRed said:

I’ve heard from a couple of sources that it will be Pearson on a 3/4 year deal. Can’t say they are reliable but random enough to get me hopeful

I’m certainly not one for rumours but I’d happily believe that one!

53 minutes ago, Robbored said:

When Nigel's good and ready essentially, he won't be rushed into anything 

3 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Helicopter has been circling AG for the last half hour. 

No idea what for. 

Extinction Rebellion mate, there’s a protest centrally in Bristol about something or other every couple of days..

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

It’s a worrying time.

Never knew supporting City had t's and c's....

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Jon is gonna do an SAS scramble onto the roof to rescue Richard Scudamore who is scared of heights.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Extinction Rebellion mate, there’s a protest centrally in Bristol about something or other every couple of days..

Well it just landed near or around AG. After circling 5-6 times. 

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

When Nigel's good and ready essentially, he won't be rushed into anything 

Im pretty sure if lansdown makes him an offer then he will agree it?

whether lansdown decides pearson should have won more games than he has so far and is thinking someone else could do better is another discussion

23 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Im pretty sure if lansdown makes him an offer then he will agree it?

whether lansdown decides pearson should have won more games than he has so far and is thinking someone else could do better is another discussion

Nige has achieved exactly what SL - survival in the Championship despite inheriting a lengthy injury list and poorly recruited squad.

Hes done the job he was employed to do.

Just now, Robbored said:

Nige has achieved exactly what SL - survival in the Championship despite inheriting a lengthy injury list and poorly recruited squad.

Hes done the job he was employed to do.

Maybe, but hes also publicly come out and said the players have no personal motivation and had several shambolic defeats, neither of which are likely to have impressed sl 

3 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Maybe, but hes also publicly come out and said the players have no personal motivation and had several shambolic defeats, neither of which are likely to have impressed sl 

I would say that the honest appraisal of the squad by Nige’s fresh eyes would have impressed SL. Home truths are something he won’t have been familiar with.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I would say that the honest appraisal of the squad by Nige’s fresh eyes would have impressed SL. Home truths are something he won’t have been familiar with.

Furthermore SL has watched how woeful we are for himself, so an honest professional appraisal from NP about what he plans to do to address the mess will be one of the critical conversations, I hope. 

1 hour ago, Jerseybean said:

Furthermore SL has watched how woeful we are for himself, so an honest professional appraisal from NP about what he plans to do to address the mess will be one of the critical conversations, I hope. 

Are you saying SL paid a tenner watch and listen to the drivel that is robins tv?

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

It’s a worrying time.

I can imagine that these same thoughts are on the minds of thousands of City fans right now Alan. Lets pray that SL appoints Nige. 

And bloody soon!

Archived