IGNORED

Darren Moore

daored

Wish the guy well.

The Sheffield Wednesday boss returned to the touchline for Tuesday night's defeat by Swansea but will now take another break from his duties

Sheffield Wednesday boss Darren Moore has revealed he has developed pneumonia with blood clots on his lungs after battled Covid-19 .

Moore will now have another spell away from his duties with his side staring down the barrel of relegation to League One.

The former West Brom and Doncaster boss said: "I have developed pneumonia as a result of COVID-19, with blood clots on the lungs and extreme discomfort.

29 minutes ago, daored said:

Wish the guy well.

The Sheffield Wednesday boss returned to the touchline for Tuesday night's defeat by Swansea but will now take another break from his duties

Sheffield Wednesday boss Darren Moore has revealed he has developed pneumonia with blood clots on his lungs after battled Covid-19 .

Moore will now have another spell away from his duties with his side staring down the barrel of relegation to League One.

The former West Brom and Doncaster boss said: "I have developed pneumonia as a result of COVID-19, with blood clots on the lungs and extreme discomfort.

Oh that’s awful. Best wishes to him!

56 minutes ago, daored said:

Wish the guy well.

That sounds really nasty.

Best wishes to the bloke, hope he makes a full recovery asap.

11 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Hope he recovers quickly. Anyone herd about 'Our Man' Cotts recently?

Wednesday will probably take the Knee for their coach and 5 mins silence for the Duke so what time will we ever K.O on Saturday - close to 3pm!

What on earth are you on about now?

Best wishes to DM for a speedy and full recovery. 

This disease is the weirdest thing - Mrs R&W, myself, my son (28) and youngest daughter (27) all caught it early January, but we're all fully recovered and fine.

Our son had it the worst, but even he only had a terrible sore throat and lost his sense of taste and smell for a couple of weeks. Interestingly, he's the fittest - a gym freak who eats healthily and hardly drinks any alcohol.

I had it the mildest - just felt a bit 'wobbly' - a bit feverish when doing any mild physical activity (like loading the dishwasher etc) but felt fine as soon as I sat down again. This literally lasted 2-3 DAYS at most - and I'm a self-confessed beer monster - maybe the alcohol in me fought it off???!!!!

... and then some unfortunate people (like poor old Darren Moore and Steve Cotterill) get it really bad - and others even die from it. Like I said; it's the weirdest thing - and an absolute BASTARD.

I tried to offer the NHS some of my blood so that they could study the antibodies in it, but they refused me. That seems crazy to me because I obviously have SOMETHING in my plasma which can fight Covid and I thought it might help other people - but they were adamant that they wouldn't accept any blood from me.    

13 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Hope he recovers quickly. Anyone herd about 'Our Man' Cotts recently?

Wednesday will probably take the Knee for their coach and 5 mins silence for the Duke so what time will we ever K.O on Saturday - close to 3pm!

What a strange post.

Not really adding anything here but best wishes to him. Hope he makes a quick recovery.

Really goes to show though - he's a 46 year old who until, only a few years ago, was playing professional sport and who looks like he keeps himself in good physical shape. For all that cases are dropping, this virus can still hit people pretty badly. 

3 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

The clots on the lung make this sound even scarier. Hope he recovers fast. Bloody virus, can't wait for it to finally do one.

Not sure it ever will though hopefully science will keep on top of it, I'm not going to let it ruin the rest of my life and can't wait to again do all the normal things we used to take for granted because at the moment this is not living it's just treading water, really hope they don't move the goalposts again but I'm not confident.

Archived