IGNORED

Champagne moment

ralphindevon

Dan Bentley POTS

Antione Semenyo YPOTS

mark Ashton leaving , champagne moment . 
what a truly terrible season and ******* glad we weren’t there to watch it . 
I was lucky enough to be in a pub garden after work yesterday . One city fan there who I haven’t seen for months was fuming , still proper angry about how we’ve done as a club never mind on the pitch. Even around gasheads he was fuming ( but laughing at them as well ?) statements like “ **** you gas ***** we’ve been a ******* shambles this season , get rid of the lot of them ******* frauds “ 

Thanks all, seems like I haven’t forgotten a vintage champagne moment.

if Ashton’s departure wins, does he get a trophy and who gets to present it to him? 

Personally I’m going to delay my vote until later today, after Massengo has scored his first ever goal, curling it into the top corner from outside the box.

9 hours ago, Olé said:

The champagne moment was Joe Williams playing one game in the cup, having fatigue, and then never playing again. If everyone votes for it they can at least use the video of him putting an away shirt on as the City media team absolutely adore that video.

Is that the video where they washed the shirt with the cheap powder before the shoot?

POTS?
Bents , Kalas , Vyner ? Not sure anyone else has played consistently enough to be considered .
Kalas has spent the season making last ditch tackles and putting out fires, good season but maybe not quite good enough.
Vyner was getting better and better at CB, looked good at DMF but I think the constant switching eventually got to him and form suffered.

Has to be Bentley. His mistakes have lead to 3 goals off the top of my head, probably still less than the rest . Stand out performance? Robbing points from Forest when we got battered.

YPOTS?
Semenyo , Bakinson , HNM , Vyner I don't think any more could come into the reckoning .
Vyner at almost 24 probably not. HNM wasn't given a chance early on. Bakinson, how I wish he could do what Vyner did and improve concentration, he has everything to be a very good player, too many poor moments. 

Semenyo by default. Shown lots of promise but needs to step up a level with final ball.

Hardest of the lot...

Champagne moment :rofl2br:

Even if the squatters go down, it's too much of a g*s thing to do, to have another teams clusterfeck as your teams best moment, however much I might enjoy it.
Ashton leaving feels a bit the same, specially as we've yet to see if the next man makes just as big of a bollix of it. 

If , or when we finally assure our Championship survival after a year of absolute mayhem , on and off the pitch. That will have to do.  Apart from seeing young City supporters getting a chance to play for their club, not much else to smile about this year. 

As a few have mentioned, not getting relegated must be up there as a top achievement. 
When someone not really into football asked me how we were doing I ran through the 7 consecutive home defeats, 1 goal in 8 games at home, new manager after 6 months......

He then presumed we were going down and even I had to check the table to see if they’d made a mistake.

10 hours ago, grifty said:

Bentley's save vs Mighten's header in the first game against Forest was one of the best saves I've seen for a long time.

At 35 seconds in.

Great save that, or possibly the one at the end against Huddersfield to save the 3 points?

He had a few heroic games. He’s probably my player of the year, closely followed by Vyner I guess. No one else really has a shout other than those 2 that I can remember

55 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Champaigne moment maybe Towler's debut against Sheffield Utd. Not really much is there

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

A bit previous maybe, butPearsons appointment.

I did think about both of these, really is a difficult job this year.

I’ve gone for:

Bentley - saved us so many points this year, may have even gone down if we had an average/dodgy keeper

Massengo- just pipped Semenyo because he had a tough time around November December, in a foreign country during a pandemic away from most of his family and friends, dropped from the team then the squad. Never let his head drop and now just about our most consistent player.

Salmon - nuff said

Salmon - I hadn’t even realised she qualified for young player too.

Champagne moment. I’ve decided it’s not applicable this season with all that’s gone on. Hopefully we’ll all be there to witness next season’s  

Archived