Match day thread Sheff Wednesday away.

Season is slowly nearing completion, today we have a trip up north to sunny Sheffield.

Still not mathematically safe we still have points to play for . Same position for us in  that we probably need one more win to guarantee survival.

NP press conference suggested that no returners from injury and squad unlikely to see any significant changes.

Been a big week at the gate with the departure of Mark Ashton. One less person to pin the blame on now, although I think his legacy will not be viewed in a positive way.

If we think we've had a bad season think about both Sheffield's, United could be relegated today. Wednesday still fighting but desperate for 3 points today otherwise the city could be looking at 2 relegations in one season.

See it being a frantic game today with Wednesday only having the option of going for a win. Can see us doing a lot of defending and trying to hit them on the break. Reckon might be a score draw which may not be enough for either club.

I know I’m going to pay another bloody  tenner because I’m a mug 🤨 and if I don’t I’ll be constantly worrying how we’re getting on in a dead rubber for us , that doesn’t bloody matter . Why though . Bloody football 😂

I like to be positive with results but I can see us not turning up again losing 2-0 and nige headbutting fam 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Coolrunnings said:

Been a big week at the gate with the departure of Mark Ashton. One less person to pin the blame on now, 

You think? I reckon he’ll be good for a few months yet! Lee Johnson has been gone almost a year but he still gets the blame for plenty!! 

I have this feeling that with Mark Ashton leaving a few players will perk up, I maybe wrong of course.

Im always optimistic and I have paid my tenner to watch again, I'm going for a turn around and a 3-1 win to the City..

I can't see a miraculous turn around in performance, although there were a few signs of progress against Forest.

Wednesday beat Cardiff 5-0 recently but then shipped six goals in the next two games - only scored 34 all season. City not much better, only scoring one in the last five games.

Two poor teams with no consistency of performance.

Points to a 0-0, but with the inconsistency a major factor for both, **** knows what will happen.

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My team for today:

Bentley

Hunt | Vyner | Kalas | Rowe

Lansbury | Massengo

S.Pearson | Semenyo | Palmer

Wells

I wouldn’t mind seeing Massengo in the no10, but not sure Lansbury and Bakinson is a good combo.

As long as Diedhiou is left out I'm happy with whoever is selected. Playing with 10 men is an uphill battle from the kick off. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My team for today:

Bentley

Lansbury | Massengo

Wells

I wouldn’t mind seeing Massengo in the no10, but not sure Lansbury and Bakinson is a good combo.

I think you're probably right but personally I would swap Palmer and Semenyo.

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My team for today:

Bentley

Lansbury | Massengo

Wells

I think thats pretty much spot on, Conway to get some game time second half

26 minutes ago, DaveF said:

I think you're probably right but personally I would swap Palmer and Semenyo.

Yep, I want them To play as a narrower, fluid three.  They’ve got to play closer to Wells...be involved more.  No need to play as wingers.

3 hours ago, Coolrunnings said:

Season is slowly nearing completion, today we have a trip up north to sunny Sheffield.

Still not mathematically safe we still have points to play for . Same position for us in  that we probably need one more win to guarantee survival.

Frequently there is mush pessimism on this forum; it's not just us.

They on the other hand consider themselves already down; https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/300205-is-tomorrow-a-must-win-game/

It's over, we are down                                                          It doesn't matter. We're dead and buried.
Its not a "Must win " game...some others before it were...But we lost them....This one is just a "Game"

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Big game for Wednesday no doubt about that. I know @oldstandrobinhas a foot in both camps for this one but I am going for an away win. 2-1 to City. COYR:city:

Sorry Reg, this game has always got to be a 0-0 for me, Sheff Utd ,yes    6-0 to City for me then !!!

2 poor sides, one fighting for their lives the other 2 points from the last available 15. 

Don't think it will be one for the purists , just hope that we show a bit of fight and determination and don't get blown away by their predictable all round aggression.

Hoping for a draw but fear the worse.

This season has been a complete non event.