Match day thread Sheff Wednesday away.

What on earth is wrong at Ashton Gate?

Complete meltdown by the team

Sad to say change of manager, despite being a NP supporter, no change on pitch.

Why are the players SO bad when they were playing better earlier in the season and even quite recently.

What on earth, SL, is going on?

• Like 2

We are so ******* lifeless it's unbelievable. There's no energy, no creativity, no spark. Nothing.

Not just today but for half a season or more.

I could understand the injury situation resulting in us having less quality available to field but there's a massive difference between trying hard and being shit and not trying at all and being shit.

The only saving grace is that half of these players will be gone in 2 months.

Edited by Midlands Robin
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

I think the linesman gave it rather than the ref. The replays on Robins TV are really unclear. 

Ref certainly didn’t instantly react. Very hard to decide on the angles shown, guess the assistant from a side view saw it clearer

Just now, markcarter said:

Not true that there has been no change.  We’re markedly worse under Pearson than under Holden when we were only really 💩

Oh give it a rest please mate

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yea just had a look. Wycombe can’t get to 50 and SW have to win out for 50(including finishing today with 3 points). So one spot for us to fall into realistically. 

Blackburn home, Boro away, Derby away, Forest home. Boro looks the only unlikely one, and we managed a win there! 

3 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

We are so ******* lifeless it's unbelievable. There's no energy, no creativity, no spark. Nothing.

I could understand the injury situation resulting in us having less quality available to field but there's a massive difference between trying hard and being shit and not trying at all and being shit.

And playing like they know it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Banjo Red said:

Agreed sadly all the good he has done for the club undone this season he was hoping to be gone in January.

All the good ! Never rated him , first touch is atrocious , hold up play , vision also . Improved a bit after Christmas 2020 but nowhere near what I’d expect for £5m . Now reportedly wants £35k a week & has downed tools as of February 1st  😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Get the **** out of the club you charlatan 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

All the good ! Never rated him , first touch is atrocious , hold up play , vision also . Improved a bit after Christmas 2020 but nowhere near what I’d expect for £5m . Now reportedly wants £35k a week & has downed tools as of February 1st  😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Get the **** out of the club you charlatan 

First 50 goal striker for the club since????

Bristol City history will be kind to Fam 

Nigel must be tearing his hair out. I thought he demanded a ‘performance’ from what I saw in a pre match interview. This is what the players think of him. Absolute shambles, I’d clear just about all of them out.

1 minute ago, markcarter said:

Made my football team worse than under a hopeless novice who had no clue.

I would agree that we don’t look anymore organised than before he came in, but this bloke is in credit, judge him on his team and his preseason not half arsed efforts from 2 head coaches and the clear football guru that is Mark Ashton.

7 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

I realise we are poor and might not get another point the way we are going. BUT I am getting a bit fed up with posters thinking we are going down. 50 points is enough. I would put my house on it. Teams are at the wrong end of the table for a reason. They are not all going to suddenly turn into Man City!!

I’m not thinking we’re likely to go down. But we could. And the longer we keep reassuring ourselves that other teams have too many games to win, and they keep winning, the more you look over your shoulder. There was a certain team thought they’d no chance of being relegated out of the league back in 2014!

8 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Their level over the last 20 games has been around mid table League Two imo. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

What on earth is wrong at Ashton Gate?

Complete meltdown by the team

Sad to say change of manager, despite being a NP supporter, no change on pitch.

Why are the players SO bad when they were playing better earlier in the season and even quite recently.

What on earth, SL, is going on?

The culture is the short answer imo. The default culture is the easy life, low expectations and a cushy time for a good wage.

You get the odd manager who sorts it out like GJ and SC but it always reverts to type.

• Like 1

Just got back from a morning of junior football. How bad is it?

People still blaming Nigel for the turgid pile of fecal matter that our team had become under Johnson and Ashton, all lovingly overseen by big Steve?