IGNORED

Match day thread Sheff Wednesday away.

5 minutes ago, pillred said:

I think there was some expectation we would show some improvement that is why there is such disappointment that we look no better at all and arguably worse at times.

Oh I can accept we aren’t any better and maybe big Nige couldn’t save the day. That would be sad but fair.

But this bag of shit has been coming for years. Please don’t let Steve, Mark and Lee off if the hook.

They are the ones culpable in this.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Can't agree with that. He helped advance play and got us into a an attacking position. The more our players can do that the better

Yep. Him and Massengo have had a good game.

The rest....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Bottom line is - for all the damage done by Ashton’s interview, Injuries and contract uncertainty - the players just are not responding to Pearson.

I have no knowledge of why but ultimately the club need to decide either

1) the Manager is right and the players are wrong and, as you say, pretty much start from scratch, plus confirm Pearson now so players know they are not going to push him out through under performance.

or 

2) the players have potential but the manager is wrong and we need a new appointment for next season.

I was very pro Pearson’s appointment and really like how he comes across in interviews but, whatever is going on behind the scene, the combination of manager and players is clearly not working at the moment. The club need to decide which horse to back. 

And we all know what horse that will be, as always, the easiest option!

3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Bottom line is - for all the damage done by Ashton’s interview, Injuries and contract uncertainty - the players just are not responding to Pearson.

I have no knowledge of why but ultimately the club need to decide either

1) the Manager is right and the players are wrong and, as you say, pretty much start from scratch, plus confirm Pearson now so players know they are not going to push him out through under performance.

or 

2) the players have potential but the manager is wrong and we need a new appointment for next season.

I was very pro Pearson’s appointment and really like how he comes across in interviews but, whatever is going on behind the scene, the combination of manager and players is clearly not working at the moment. The club need to decide which horse to back. 

Let’s hope it’s the manager because if it’s this group of no Mark players then there is only one way we’re going next season and it isn’t towards the Prem that’s for sure. 

Since we have moved to the Robins High Performance Centre, our results have been:

Bristol City 0 - 2 Stoke City

Coventry City 3 - 1 Bristol City

Bristol City 0 - 0 Nottingham Forest

Sheffield Wednesday 1 - 0 Bristol City

Thank god we have the High Performance Centre. If it was just a training ground we would have no doubt failed to get a point from the Forest game. 

• Haha 1

Just now, GTFABM said:

If you said that holden picked the squad and “hoped” you would probably be accurate. To say Pearson is doing that is very very worrying considering his reputation no?

What’s the alternative? Please, enlighten me.

Send out a youth team, get dicked and ruin their confidence? Miraculously get players off the treatment table? Sign a completely new team when the transfer window’s shut?

Ashton has run these players’ contracts down and they’ve downed tools, not for the first time. They’re a disgrace. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Been done to death but, he’s not to blame but he has done next to nothing to improve us. Which for me is extremely disappointing even with the resources available.

This is it. I want Pearson to succeed but at the moment we are trusting him on track record and faith in his ability.

His record is impressive -  I will still really rate him as a manager, however it works out here- but he has quickly galvanised clubs in the past and the question has to be asked why he is not doing the same for us.

There could be a large number of answers to that - and I don’t want to blame him or decide as a kneejerk he has become a bad Manager overnight - but, sooner or later, the question of whether he is actually the man to turn us around becomes a valid one to ask.

Just now, robin_unreliant said:

What a ridiculous thing to say. Typical OTT OTIB statement. 

Mate, I’m sorry since the mid eighties, this is the most gutless of teams I’ve seen.

Pullis football was turgid, Big Joe’s second coming left many questions and McInnes struggled, but pound for pound, this is the most lackluster, spineless 11 I’ve seen. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Quite right!   A hell of a lot of theses players have let the club down. Won't play for a novice manager and gets him sacked and now trying to do the same with a good experienced manager. They should really be ashamed of themselves, especially with the money they are getting week after week when many people in this day and age are struggling with finances due to this pandemic. They are not the ones who have lost their jobs or taken a reduction in salaries, I hope a lot of these OOC players find it really hard to find another club after they are gone and I wish that is sooner than later.

Said a long time ago this season. If the manager is LJ, DH or another name it doesnt matter, the players are not good enough. All other teams play football in this division. Pace, wingers, use the whole pitch, we do nothing of that. Dont know how we gonna avoid relegation next season.

• Like 1

Just now, tin said:

What’s the alternative? Please, enlighten me.

Send out a youth team, get dicked and ruin their confidence? Miraculously get players off the treatment table? Sign a completely new team when the transfer window’s shut?

Ashton has run these players’ contracts down and they’ve downed tools, not for the first time. They’re a disgrace. 

The alternative is a experienced, been there and done it manager has more up his sleeve than “hope”. Because if thats all you need i will get my CV in and get paid what Pearson is.