Match day thread Sheff Wednesday away.

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Disagree. Like just this second, a number of times today he's moved the ball forward very well into our forwards and they've lost it. I expect people don't care as it's not actually got us anywhere, but that's only because of players like Wells just now losing the ball

I might slightly take that back then...

• Haha 3

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

This is it. I want Pearson to succeed but at the moment we are trusting him on track record and faith in his ability.

His record is impressive -  I will still really rate him as a manager, however it works out here- but he has quickly galvanised clubs in the past and the question has to be asked why he is not doing the same for us.

There could be a large number of answers to that - and I don’t want to blame him or decide as a kneejerk he has become a bad Manager overnight - but, sooner or later, the question of whether he is actually the man to turn us around becomes a valid one to ask.

Absolutely. If he’s not the answer, then that’s okay.

But he’s not the cause and the cause should be where we focus our attention.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, GTFABM said:

The alternative is a experienced, been there and done it manager has more up his sleeve than “hope”. Because if thats all you need i will get my CV in and get paid what Pearson is.

You can clearly turn water into wine or create a silk purse out of a sow’s ear. Well done, you. 

Just now, RUSSEL85 said:

For the record, I don’t blame NP for the recent results as such but I wonder what this forum would look like if we had someone line Appleton in charge for these recent set of results.

It’s a fair point 👍

Like I’ve said, this has been coming though. The cause is nothing to do with Nigel Pearson and unless we acknowledge the cause we won’t solve it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

For their comparative league position, yes, I’ve seen us in Div 4 with a team with more fight and interest. 

Yes; the players in Div 4 days, might have lacked skill, but unlike the current squad, they showed determination and fight.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, lenred said:

Let’s hope it’s the manager because if it’s this group of no Mark players then there is only one way we’re going next season and it isn’t towards the Prem that’s for sure. 

I certainly think that, sooner or later, the players have to respond to one manager or other. They may not be the best players on Earth but nor are they playing anywhere near their potential.

Just now, tin said:

You can clearly turn water into wine or create a silk purse out of a sow’s ear. Well done, you. 

That water and that sow’s ear managed to get wins and show periods of half decent play (admittedly in extremely small patches). Not asking for it to be turned to wine or a silk purse but come on, you can’t expect this?