Match day thread Sheff Wednesday away.

7 minutes ago, RedG said:

What about O’Dismals team? That was atleast as bad if not worse

Pound for pound? £4m strikers/midfielders, £8m defender?

I appreciate it’s a different world some 8/9 years later, but the calibre of the players we were left with under O’Driscoll compared to so called master plan over seen by Ashton and Johnson is unbelievable. 

In short, yes, more gutless than O’Driscoll’s team.

Edited by 054123
  • Like 1

Credit for hanging on in there and a great strike by Bakinson.

I hope this is Diedhiou's final start tbh- granted up v 3 CBs an issue but Wells and Janneh gave us a bit more- we need that movement, Diedhiou and especially an almost out of contact Diedhou who may have a move lined up.

Well done to Bentley for the penalty save, not a penalty or a red card IMO- how many minutes with 10 was it- 70 odd?

Still loads to work on, loads to do- Pearson, Bakinson, Semenyo and Massengo (I know he's not from our academy or setup in that way) all starting, Janneh off the bench- even Vyner isn't that old. That's a positive.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eardun said:

Fair play; not easy playing 3/4 of the match with 10 men. Looked all over at 1-0 down with the sending off and Bannan about to take the pen. 

I thought the same in 2016 when we were about to take a penalty against them for 3-1 and we all know what happened next so what goes around comes around.

Just now, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Embarrassed for us after that. Wednesday shoulda slaughtered us with the amount of chances they had. 

Great goal for Tyreeq. Hnm different level today, genuinely best performance I've seen in some time. 

Indeed he will no doubt have interest and I hope we can keep hold of him and get a full season out of him start to finish. Could become some player at this level.

Terrible performance, delighted to get a point from that.

Bakinson the outstanding performer from that game, even without the goal. Massengo another solid game, great save from Bents for the pen. Other than that we were pretty poor all over the pitch. 

Looking on the the positive side, at least HL can’t play again for a few games. I don’t know whether than was handball or not, looked like it to me, but what a ****. 

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

Fair play to Norwich, officially promoted today. Best side in the league.

They are but it will be interesting to see what happens next season. Twice now they have steamrolled the championship but they barely competed in the premier league last season and it will be interesting to see if they can adapt.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Fair play to Norwich, officially promoted today. Best side in the league.

By a country mile. Great well organised set up, didn’t fall for the trap of sacking their manager when getting a dicking in the Prem, and have built from within. Fair play to them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

They are but it will be interesting to see what happens next season. Twice now they have steamrolled the championship but they barely competed in the premier league last season and it will be interesting to see if they can adapt.

I totally agree. It shows what we need to aspire to I guess.

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Very true, but they quite conservative in spending last season. I think they have a few quid to spend and if done wisely I think they could be in a good place.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

Is 51 points enough to stay up ...........😇

It could just be! And that defeat enough to send the gas down. Perhaps today is that champagne moment we were all looking for this morning 😄 It would be a fitting way to sum up this season! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SouthS22 said:

Terrible performance, delighted to get a point from that.

Bakinson the outstanding performer from that game, even without the goal. Massengo another solid game, great save from Bents for the pen. Other than that we were pretty poor all over the pitch. 

Looking on the the positive side, at least HL can’t play again for a few games. I don’t know whether than was handball or not, looked like it to me, but what a ****. 

Fully expect the red to be wiped off after appeal.

O'Driscoll's side, ie the one he inherited from McInnes and a clutch of managers actually rallied for a while.

6 or 7 unbeaten at home in that little spell- the definitive turning point came with 2 goals in 5 mins or whatever it was at Wolves in mid March- win that and the run-in was looking favourable.

Thereafter, it was a capitulation- with the deadest of dead cat bounces being a last minute equaliser at home to fellow strugglers Sheffield Wednesday on Easter Monday.

53 minutes ago, 22A said:

Is the problem Pearson or the players or both?

Good question.

I think the main problem lies with split-second decision making on the pitch. 

Not sure how much you can hold Pearson accountable for that.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Announce Pearson Monday AND have a word with the players who are ooc and he wants to keep. That might at least stir them up a little bit!!

That surely must have happened already and I'm not sure how many he would want to keep out of the OOC players. Weimann? Walsh? 

2 minutes ago, Superjack said:

My opinion is (and was) that there was no lack of commitment from our boys out there.

Not today in the circumstances but that hasn’t always been the case. What we do lack though is quality, we just cannot keep possession of the ball for any length of time. The sooner we get NP on board to do the “cull” the better.

• Like 3