Match day thread Sheff Wednesday away.

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

That surely must have happened already and I'm not sure how many he would want to keep out of the OOC players. Weimann? Walsh? 

Not sure how it can happen when you don’t have a Manager announced for next season? First question the players would ask.

• Like 1

Just now, pongo88 said:

I thought it was a good defensive performance in the second half. If you keep it tight you can always nick a goal on the breakaway 

That’s where the experience on the bench comes in. We might have lost 1-0 but keeping it tight when down to 10 always gives you that small chance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

That surely must have happened already and I'm not sure how many he would want to keep out of the OOC players. Weimann? Walsh? 

Could make a case for Paterson- fitness permitting- too IMO. He can be tactically versatile and was rather impressive in that slightly unorthodox shape in the first few weeks, months.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Not today in the circumstances but that hasn’t always been the case. What we do lack though is quality, we just cannot keep possession of the ball for any length of time. The sooner we get NP on board to do the “cull” the better.

We were fairly even in possession until the red card- low bar away to a struggling side I'll grant you. Of course 11 v 10, you'll always be on the back foot, and with a lack of possession, but we often don't set up in a way that would give us the best chance of some control etc IMO.

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I thought it was a good defensive performance in the second half. If you keep it tight you can always nick a goal on the breakaway 

That’s pretty much what happened. 

Good point considering a man down most of the game.

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Not sure how it can happen when you don’t have a Manager announced for next season? First question the players would ask.

True but I would imagine with the way the agents get in their ear nowadays the first question is how much ? and for how many years? Depends on the player I guess. Needs to be sorted soon thats for sure!

24 minutes ago, RedNachos said:

Bloody hell, we're celebrating a streaky 1-1 draw against 23rd side like we've just won the league, shows how shite things are

Dont knock it I have been buzzing about the 0-0 with Forest all week 

• Haha 3

Well done lads .

There was fight but little coherence  on show as Pearson changes the team again and we limp towards the end of the season.

I missed the last fifteen minutes so was delighted to see that we got something out of the match. A loss would have been very hard to take. 

The Wendies were direct but woeful in front of goal so you can see why they are in trouble. 

19 minutes ago, SouthS22 said:

Looking on the the positive side, at least HL can’t play again for a few games. I don’t know whether than was handball or not, looked like it to me, but what a ****. 

You may be disappointed! Presume the red card will be rescinded on appeal. 

• Like 1

Didn't watch the game but seemed snatching the point was more arse than class.

Is NP the messiah we think he is ? Jury's out for me TBH. Disappointed would be very much an understatement.

Sad state of affairs when I find myself checking Rovers score more often than ours as I gleefully watch them heading into the abyss. 

Maybe there is a God after all.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Didn't watch the game but seemed snatching the point was more arse than class.

Is NP the messiah we think he is ? Jury's out for me TBH. Disappointed would be very much an understatement.

Sad state of affairs when I find myself checking Rovers score more often than ours as I gleefully watch them heading into the abyss. 

Maybe there is a God after all.

I did watch it, and that's harsh in my opinion.

Of course Wednesday could and maybe should have won it. They were at home with an extra man. They were always going to have good opportunities.

But I thought the boys stuck to the task well. You don't come back from a goal down with ten men away from home with a lack of fight and commitment.

As good as a victory today.

Edited by Superjack
Stupid phone.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Bakinson class. Can't understand fans wanting to get rid of him!

Hopefully a case of a response to NP’s man-management?

Undoubtedly a talent, but gotta have to appetite to go alongside it.  Hopefully the wake-up call he needed.

Generally had a good game today, goal a nice little cherry on top.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

First 50 goal striker for the club since????

Bristol City history will be kind to Fam 

He's only the first one for that long because he's the first of our recent strikers not to be bought after 1 good season. Kodjia, Reid, Baldock all could have racked up 50 if they'd been here for  more seasons

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

42 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

That water and that sow’s ear managed to get wins and show periods of half decent play (admittedly in extremely small patches). Not asking for it to be turned to wine or a silk purse but come on, you can’t expect this?

I simply acknowledge, as I’ve already told you, most of these players are a disgrace to the shirt. Is Pearson responsible for a) signing these wasters, and b) letting so many contracts wind down? No.

Look, he might not work out but give him a chance to sort this mess out. It might not be pretty at the moment, but neither were GJ or SC’s starts. The difference is now we live in a era of instant gratification where some expect Rome to be built in a day, despite the glaring issues preventing it. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Superjack said:

I did watch it, and that's harsh in my opinion.

Of course Wednesday could and maybe should have won it. They were at home with an extra man. They were always going to have good opportunities.

But I thought the boys stuck to the task well. You don't come back from a goal down with ten men away from home with a lack of fight and commitment.

As good as a victory today.

Fair comment 

We rode our luck at times and conceded another sloppy goal from a set piece but following Lansbury's sending off we battled really well and we're rewarded with a deserved equaliser. Terrific strike from Bakinson who alongside Massengo did a sterling job in midfield. Talking of Massengo another here there and everywhere performance. He's starting to add consistency to his performances now, and if he could add a few goals he'll have me thinking about a young Gerry Gow. He certainly ain't no pushover now. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Massengo literally having a world class game today. 

Shudder how much ground he's covered

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, Denbury Red said:

HNM has been really good for the last few months - one we must keep

Don’t think Han-Noah quite got to recent heights today.  Worked hard, but not as clean with the ball as he has been.

Undoubtedly a “keeper” though.

• Like 3