IGNORED

Tommy Rowe

GrahamC

50 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Tried hard but poor player at this level. Wish him all the best 

I think it’s harsh to say he was poor. Decent squad player who exceeded expectations is how I would describe his time here. 

7 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I think it’s harsh to say he was poor. Decent squad player who exceeded expectations is how I would describe his time here. 

Ignore expectation levels and he was poor I’d say. Because expectations were low people seem to think he was better than he actually was 

Glad he's managed to find a new deal and move on.

For me he was one of our most consistant players the season before last. Unfortunately this season, he faded quite badly towards the end.

A solid pro and he worked hard every time he stepped on to the pitch.

I wish him every success back at Donny.

I think first half of last season he was very solid (and I remember people having debates weather they would chose Rowe or Dasilva as first choice left back) but as a result of playing so many games you could tell he was tired by the end of the season hence the drop of form.

To be fair to him he still always put effort in and I expect he played much more games than he was expecting to play.

Was decent in spells for us, in all honesty League one is probably a level he will feel more comfortable at. Certainly can’t knock his commitment when he put on the shirt for us which can’t be said for a lot of the other wasters we released..

Decent squad player, but jesus christ did it feel like he let nearly every cross to pass him on the left side. It didn't look hard at all to get past him. 

This is going to be harsh thing to say, but I got a feeling our CBs won't miss him one bit. 

41 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Decent squad player, but jesus christ did it feel like he let nearly every cross to pass him on the left side. It didn't look hard at all to get past him. 

This is going to be harsh thing to say, but I got a feeling our CBs won't miss him one bit. 

I think his problem was he was decent in 3 positions but not outstanding in any,

It's great having versatile players but they will never excel 

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

I think his problem was he was decent in 3 positions but not outstanding in any,

It's great having versatile players but they will never excel 

Jack of all trades, master of none - which is fine to have someone like that in your squad, however you then need to have a few top players to compensate for those.

He played more games than anyone ever intended that's for sure. Brought in as cover for a few positions, on a low wage comparatively. Had the feel of someone playing a little above his ability in 2019/20 but got through with passion and effort. It fell apart a bit in 2020/21 not helped by the team around him. Hopefully Donny fans will rate him more as an LB than they ever did as a midfielder

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I thought his main purpose was as back up to Dasilva. I don't think we had any other left backs

I’m not sure what the real plan was….although he had played LB previously…..he was the epitome of “club in the bag” for me.

26 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I thought he was mainly brought in to play left back. As we only had Dasilva as we'd sold Kelly

That’s our interpretation, probably sound logic too.  But the fact LJ flip-flopped between systems makes me think he had no real plan…more the case “.if I sign enough players I’ll have bases covered”.  There was no indication of a specific position, just that he was versatile.

For me, Tommy did great whilst he was here, but it kinda bugs me that we signed a player who has played predominantly in midfield, in latter years at a level below us and yet thought he would be good cover at LB for a team challenging for the playoffs.  Testament to Tommy for doing well there and LWB.

Archived