IGNORED

Ratings from today

old_eastender

Where 6 is decent game:

Bentley - 7 - Made a couple of good saves, aside from the poorly hit pen. No fault for their goal I'd say.

Hunt - 4 - Woefully poor distribution including 2 FKs from attacking wide positions hit straight to Weds players. Needs to go.

Kallas - 5 - Partly at fault for their goal by mistiming jump, also allowed another ball to drop over his head from which Weds hit the post. Did get some decent blocks in and tried to drive forward a couple of time.

Vyner - 6- Defensively solid.

Rowe -5 - Defensively OK. Another who needs to go if we are to move forward.

Lansbury - 3 - Whether it hit the bar or not, stupid to raise hand towards the ball. Had already hit a couple of cross field balls out of play too.

Massengo - 8 - Another really hard working display, retained possession well and won it several times. 

Bakinson - 7 - Much better display by him, no sloppy passes in our own half, great through ball for Fammy who was so slow to react, and very well taken goal. Would like to see him work harder off the ball though.

Semenyo - 5 - Poorest display from him for a long time, partly at fault for their goal. Mind on a move to Palace? 

Fammy - 3 - Another nothing performance, was hardly winning a ball before the sending off, just does not look interested. I wouldn't pick him in starting 11 for last matches.

Pearson - 6 - Looked for openings, worked hard.

A point gained.

I think we are now pretty much safe. Surely now is the time to not pick anyone whose head is no longer at the club - not just those who want to leave but those who know or suspect they are not being kept on. 

I’d rather see Conway, Janneh or Britton (or Bell if fit) learn than Fam coast.

Similarly I would rather learn what Vyner or Moore could do at right back than continue to see what Hunt is not doing.

3 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Where 6 is decent game:

Bentley - 7 - Made a couple of good saves, aside from the poorly hit pen. No fault for their goal I'd say.

Hunt - 4 - Woefully poor distribution including 2 FKs from attacking wide positions hit straight to Weds players. Needs to go.

Kallas - 5 - Partly at fault for their goal by mistiming jump, also allowed another ball to drop over his head from which Weds hit the post. Did get some decent blocks in and tried to drive forward a couple of time.

Vyner - 6- Defensively solid.

Rowe -5 - Defensively OK. Another who needs to go if we are to move forward.

Lansbury - 3 - Whether it hit the bar or not, stupid to raise hand towards the ball. Had already hit a couple of cross field balls out of play too.

Massengo - 8 - Another really hard working display, retained possession well and won it several times. 

Bakinson - 7 - Much better display by him, no sloppy passes in our own half, great through ball for Fammy who was so slow to react, and very well taken goal. Would like to see him work harder off the ball though.

Semenyo - 5 - Poorest display from him for a long time, partly at fault for their goal. Mind on a move to Palace? 

Fammy - 3 - Another nothing performance, was hardly winning a ball before the sending off, just does not look interested. I wouldn't pick him in starting 11 for last matches.

Pearson - 6 - Looked for openings, worked hard.

A point gained.

Pretty good summary as you said Hunt was dross Lansbury useless kalas is not the Rock people make him out to be needs a solid centre back beside him forwards non existent Diadou wells when used pearsoni like a little boy lost  not ready yet .

3 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think we are now pretty much safe. Surely now is the time to not pick anyone whose head is no longer at the club - not just those who want to leave but those who know or suspect they are not being kept on. 

I’d rather see Conway, Janneh or Britton (or Bell if fit) learn than Fam coast.

Similarly I would rather learn what Vyner or Moore could do at right back than continue to see what Hunt is not doing.

I think Moore could be a good full back if trained correct good in the air can pass and run at players.

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think he’s nimble enough.

Got to agree with you on this one Dave. Doesn't quite have the mobility or pace. I know the following example is years ago now but I remember him playing RB against Forest in 16/17 and he just did not have the natural attributes to succeed in this position.

Interesting ratings as sigh the ones in Bridtol live. On the whole a decent draw. We played erllbfrom going one down and the silly sending off.

But we do not play with any real confidence, not surprising with our past form.bakeinson and massengo had very good games but the rest really left a lot in the dressing room.

In my humble opinion. We still have a long way to go. We need NP appointed asap or who ever is planned to come in and get on getting ready for next season as I see it. 

It felt as though we played poorly and were fortunate to get a point, but we were down to 10 men through a poor refereeing decision so it's difficult to rate that performance. We never looked like scoring, needed a wonder goal like that to get us out of jail but they don't come along very often. Not out of the woods yet re relegation while Rotherham have all those games in hand (let's hope they lose to Brum today), we don't want to get into a situation where they can overtake us by winning extra games so it's out of our hands. I remember when Gas dropped out of the league and the first time they'd been in the relegation zone was a few minutes before the end of the final match.

25 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Not out of the woods yet re relegation while Rotherham have all those games in hand (let's hope they lose to Brum today), we don't want to get into a situation where they can overtake us by winning extra games so it's out of our hands. I remember when Gas dropped out of the league and the first time they'd been in the relegation zone was a few minutes before the end of the final match.

Don't forget that it's not just Rotherham that need to catch us! Another 7 teams would have to pick up the points to overtake us! 

Even if we lost every game, at least 2 other teams in that pack would fail to catch us. Forget about Rotherham, it's not a problem.

29 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

It felt as though we played poorly and were fortunate to get a point, but we were down to 10 men through a poor refereeing decision so it's difficult to rate that performance. We never looked like scoring, needed a wonder goal like that to get us out of jail but they don't come along very often. Not out of the woods yet re relegation while Rotherham have all those games in hand (let's hope they lose to Brum today), we don't want to get into a situation where they can overtake us by winning extra games so it's out of our hands. I remember when Gas dropped out of the league and the first time they'd been in the relegation zone was a few minutes before the end of the final match.

Just now, mozo said:

Don't forget that it's not just Rotherham that need to catch us! Another 7 teams would have to pick up the points to overtake us! 

Even if we lost every game, at least 2 other teams in that pack would fail to catch us. Forget about Rotherham, it's not a problem.

I don`t think people always get this. For us to go down the all of the following would need to happen:

We don`t get another point all season.

Rotherham need to win four from seven

Derby need to win three from four

Birmingham need to win two from five

Coventry need to win two from five

Huddersfield need to win one and draw one from four

Preston need to win one from four

Forest need to win one from four

Blackburn need to draw one from four

If anyone seriously thinks that all this will happen then I suggest they get a massive acca on as if it comes in they`ll never have to work again.

15 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I don`t think people always get this. For us to go down the all of the following would need to happen:

If anyone seriously thinks that all this will happen then I suggest they get a massive acca on as if it comes in they`ll never have to work again.

1EC45AC8-32E0-4B42-8F3B-3FDB2C5FBAC9.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

We don`t get another point all season. City on .75 ppg from last 8 games - indicative 54 points

Rotherham need to win four from seven with  1.25 ppg from last 8 games  - indicative 47/48 points

Derby need to win three from four with .63 ppg from last 8 games - indicative 45/46 points

Birmingham need to win two from five with 1.38 ppg from last 8 games - indicative 51/52 points

Coventry need to win two from five with 1.25 ppg from last 8 games - indicative 51/52 points

Huddersfield need to win one and draw one from four with 1.25 ppg from last 8 games - indicative 52 points

Preston need to win one from four with .75 ppg from last 8 games - indicative 52 points

Forest need to win one from four with 1.13 ppg from last 8 games - indicative 53/54 points

Blackburn need to draw one from four with .88 ppg from last 8 games - indicative 53/54 points

See above in bold.

Wednesday and Wycombe look doomed so its between Rotherham and Derby imo.

City are 1500/1 to go down (Skybet).

37 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Worth a couple quid surely ?

1 minute ago, RedEyez said:

Worth a couple quid surely ?

If any of the doom merchants who appear convinced we will go down are interested in placing a substantial wager, PM me your bank details and I`ll put it on for you.

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

You'd get £3k back from Skybet for a two quid bet...

Or, more likely, you`d lose two quid.

25 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Interesting if Rotherham beat Birmingham - Derby will be in deep trouble with Rotherham one point behind and two games in hand.

Yep, Derby in real shit if Rotherham win today.  Derby are not gonna get 8 more points than us.

16 hours ago, Banjo Red said:

I think Moore could be a good full back if trained correct good in the air can pass and run at players.

Indeed,,always felt this suited him better - Mobile,,no slouch & would be a decent wing back also...

Play him instead of Hunt for the remainder.

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

If any of the doom merchants who appear convinced we will go down are interested in placing a substantial wager, PM me your bank details and I`ll put it on for you.

Or, more likely, you`d lose two quid.

To be fair, you’d probably get more entertainment for your money than you usually do every week on Robins TV.

20 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Which Moore is this? I've been watching one who's poor in the air because he's afraid of getting hurt and who regularly passes straight to opponents. 

I’m not sure if he’s afraid, but he’s not a tough defender. I watched Rotherham v Birmingham. The stats that kept being shown are clubs that have conceded most goals from corners and from set pieces. Guess which club was top of both lists. ( clue - initials are BC and it’s not Birmingham City).  Moore and some of the other central defenders are just too weedy and get muscled off the ball when crosses come in. We need a modern day version of Aiden Flint. Even though he’s past his prime he was Sky Sports MOTM for Cardiff v Reading on Friday 

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

I’m not sure if he’s afraid, but he’s not a tough defender. I watched Rotherham v Birmingham. The stats that kept being shown are clubs that have conceded most goals from corners and from set pieces. Guess which club was top of both lists. ( clue - initials are BC and it’s not Birmingham City).  Moore and some of the other central defenders are just too weedy and get muscled off the ball when crosses come in. We need a modern day version of Aiden Flint. Even though he’s past his prime he was Sky Sports MOTM for Cardiff v Reading on Friday 

Agreed. We need a serious improvement in this area.

Kalas didn't exactly cover himself in glory yesterday either.

Archived