IGNORED

Pearson post match interview

Jerseybean

8 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Didn't like him referring to Lansbury as 'H'. Sounds too much like he's one of those in with NP.

If anything he should be angry with him for a stupid gk impression. Makes me think he might be planning to keep him on for next season. Hoping I'm reading too much into it though. 

How can you read anything into the fact that he calls him H?

maybe that’s what all the players call him and it’s stuck and everyone including coaching staff uses it.

I manage people and use nicknames but it doesn’t mean they all think I am a soft touch.

9 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Didn't like him referring to Lansbury as 'H'. Sounds too much like he's one of those in with NP.

If anything he should be angry with him for a stupid gk impression. Makes me think he might be planning to keep him on for next season. Hoping I'm reading too much into it though. 

It’s just a nickname, would you bat an eyelid if he said Bents or Fam? Think if people call him H, then they call him H.

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

Can’t see him being kept on, seems to slow the whole team down and anyway, anyone named H reminds me of that idiot in Steps 

I might be alone with ‘H’ but thought the last two games he was starting to find his feet and making a contribution. Not great by any manner of means, but by no means the worst. No idea what he was doing at all with the sending off today. It is possible he did not touch it, but my first impression was ‘what the...just why?’. 

28 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I might be alone with ‘H’ but thought the last two games he was starting to find his feet and making a contribution. Not great by any manner of means, but by no means the worst. No idea what he was doing at all with the sending off today. It is possible he did not touch it, but my first impression was ‘what the...just why?’. 

I did it once.  4-0, keeper had stuffed up, forward chipped it towards goal, and I stuck my hand up, tipped it onto the bar.

Stupid really.

Didnt get sent off, because although I tipped into onto the bar, it came down hit me and went in.  So ref gave goal.

Sometimes just instinct.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I did it once.  4-0, keeper had stuffed up, forward chipped it towards goal, and I stuck my hand up, tipped it onto the bar.

Stupid really.

Didnt get sent off, because although I tipped into onto the bar, it came down hit me and went in.  So ref gave goal.

Sometimes just instinct.

Also made a brilliant diving save with my right hand to deflect the drive over the bar. Not sent off in those days for something as petty. Trouble was they scored the pen and for the last 55 years I have had a dodgy right wrist and unable to grip as well as my left one.

2 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

H is what Taylor Moore called him on commentary.  The bloke obviously goes by it!

50 minutes ago, cityexile said:

You can clearly see he got ability and is probably the most talented we got in that position but that isn’t hard at the moment 

2 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

Don't be silly. Football clubs are a hive of nicknames that having absolutely zero influence on whether a player stays or goes.

16 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

Also made a brilliant diving save with my right hand to deflect the drive over the bar. Not sent off in those days for something as petty. Trouble was they scored the pen and for the last 55 years I have had a dodgy right wrist and unable to grip as well as my left one.

Unable to change hands at 99? @ReadySteadyGo

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It’s because he’s heard people call him “On-ree”, so is playing safe!

Did like the “Tyreeq is complex” comment, although perhaps he should’ve called him “T”. ?

I assume you've watched "Last Chance U: Basketball" on Netflix. When I hear that kind of thing I think of those kids.

1 minute ago, Peter1450 said:

On the OS so it must be correct is a picture of both Pearson and Ashton talking pre match, why would he still be involved. Shouldn’t be anywhere near the club if he’s off to a Championship rival .

Not at mo - Ipswich currently L1 but still a similar sized club and will probably be back up at some point 

Archived