IGNORED

European Super League

MC RISK77

Six English clubs have reportedly signed up to a new 20 team European breakaway league. Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea.

The PL have said that this is a breach of PL rules and UEFA are considering banning them from European competitions from next season.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/european-super-league-six-english-clubs-sign-up-to-breakaway-league-in-challenge-to-uefa-plans-xks8jdxtm

It may be a negotiating tactic to get more cash from UEFA or it could be the end of the English league system in its current form if this goes ahead.

Agree. I can't see it happening with the threatened repercussions.

UEFA, the English Football Association and the Premier League, the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) and LaLiga, and the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) and Lega Serie A have learned that a few English, Spanish and Italian clubs may be planning to announce their creation of a closed, so-called Super League.

If this were to happen, we wish to reiterate that we – UEFA, the English FA, RFEF, FIGC, the Premier League, LaLiga, Lega Serie A, but also FIFA and all our member associations - will remain united in our efforts to stop this cynical project, a project that is founded on the self-interest of a few clubs at a time when society needs solidarity more than ever.

We will consider all measures available to us, at all levels, both judicial and sporting in order to prevent this happening. Football is based on open competitions and sporting merit; it cannot be any other way.

As previously announced by FIFA and the six Federations, the clubs concerned will be banned from playing in any other competition at domestic, European or world level, and their players could be denied the opportunity to represent their national teams.

We thank those clubs in other countries, especially the French and German clubs, who have refused to sign up to this. We call on all lovers of football, supporters and politicians, to join us in fighting against such a project if it were to be announced. This persistent self-interest of a few has been going on for too long. Enough is enough.

As soon as any breakaway is announced, the clubs concerned should be immediately banned from their domestic leagues and cup competitions. If they wish to come back, they start at level 10 in the pyramid of that country.

**** 'em.

Those clubs have lost all perspective and respect.

Glad to see German and French clubs have refused to take part.

It is absolutely disgusting to be honest. As said, it is encouraging that the German and French FA’s as well as a lot of former players are disgusted by it too. Gary Neville has just said they all should be deducted points if they have agreed to it. 

Whether it happens or not. If it is a ploy to get more from UEFA all involved should be seriously punished so it doesn’t happen again. I’d give them all 30 point deductions but it would never happen. Most will still end up safe even with that but without strong punishment it will probably always be talked about in the background. 

I actually believe the premier league isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, when the London stadium first opened i had a season ticket mainly due to the price and being on my doorstep, out of the 19 home games it’s only really 5 or 6 of those that you’re playing one of the big teams and for every Chelsea or Manchester City you play a Crystal Palace or Burnley. 

So it’s hardly surprising that those clubs who despite maybe league positions are able to generate more income and looking for bigger and lucrative opposition 

It's a wider socio-economic problem just rearing it's ugly head in football. 

If the football industry worked then the changes being made would be to the benefit of fans, to make football more entertaining or more accessible. Recent changes, especially this one, are doing the opposite. They're reducing entertainment, ignoring supporters and they're keeping wealth amongst a few elite clubs.

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

So I take it it’s 6 from our country and the remaining 6 are from Italy and Spain if French and German clubs have said no,sounds crap

I don't Man.City have registered an interest.

Yet.

There's talk the clubs who have signed up for this should have their records expunged for the last 3 years and the competition retrospectively awarded to the highest place legitimate club. That makes Bristol City 2018 League Cup winners. Admittedly I am the one that started the talk.

Greedy arrogant bastards. The elite clubs have abandoned any pretense of being anything other than global brands hell bent on making as much dough as possible and the other clubs are the equivalent of small businesses, competitors who must be ruthlessly crushed - off the pitch more than on it.

The timing couldn’t be worse either considering clubs have had effectively  no revenue for 14 months.

Next time you see some berk strutting around your locale in a Liverpool, Man U, Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern, PSG shirt, etc., feel free to smack them across the chops with a wet fish.

7 minutes ago, walnutroof said:

I actually believe the premier league isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, when the London stadium first opened i had a season ticket mainly due to the price and being on my doorstep, out of the 19 home games it’s only really 5 or 6 of those that you’re playing one of the big teams and for every Chelsea or Manchester City you play a Crystal Palace or Burnley. 

So it’s hardly surprising that those clubs who despite maybe league positions are able to generate more income and looking for bigger and lucrative opposition 

it’s a closed shop tho so the fans will get bored of playing the same clubs season in season out,bit like us with gillingham a few years back

1 minute ago, E.G.Red said:

Be interesting how players will view it, if they are going to be denied playing in The Champions league or Internationally. It may or not, make the German & French leagues stronger.

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

1 minute ago, E.G.Red said:

Be interesting how players will view it, if they are going to be denied playing in The Champions league or Internationally. 

This would supersede the Champions League. I imagine a break away international tournament would be the next step. Dispicable. 

Eject Manchester United, Liverpool, Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Inter Milan, AC Milan and Juventus from their respective leagues and expunge all previous titles.

A ban on international football for any player or manager who represents the above clubs in this new league. 

Give players one window to transfer out and then prevent players transferring from clubs back in and out of UEFA/Fifa registered clubs and starve them of talent. 

Football would be better off without all of the above teams. 

11 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Eject Manchester United, Liverpool, Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Inter Milan, AC Milan and Juventus from their respective leagues and expunge all previous titles.

A ban on international football for any player or manager who represents the above clubs in this new league. 

Give players one window to transfer out and then prevent players transferring from clubs back in and out of UEFA/Fifa registered clubs and starve them of talent. 

Football would be better off without all of the above teams. 

How do you transfer out of a club in 1 window if your club rejects bids for you?

I totally agree this I tent by the 12 is despicable, shows no regard whatsoever for their fan bases and support the likely inevitable sanctions, especially the removal of players for national selection. That said there is some feeling that sanctions against players is somewhat unfair as this proposal is not being driven by them but by their greedy, and almost exclusively foreign owners. What I'd really like to see are sanctions against any media outlet who cover the league. 

4 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

How do you transfer out of a club in 1 window if your club rejects bids for you?

Null and void contracts if that is a possible  avenue or players refuse to play. I appreciate it will be difficult but hard lines need to be drawn. 

If the players go on strike the league will collapse. 

Archived