IGNORED

European Super League

MC RISK77

2 hours ago, Atticus said:

It all bollocks obviously. Its all to do with leveraging UEFA into creating a more lucrative european competition. Greedy *****

This ain't gonna happen. Like the post above, I believe this story is being used as a bargaining chip to gain a greater share of the pie for bigger clubs. UEFA should hold their nerve and call their bluff. If you don't like it, well, you can just **** off. If you try it on, we'll blow your ******* kneecaps off!!

Time we had some legislation to put a stop to the greed of the few thinking they can just ride rough-shod over 150 years of sporting integrity and history. This ain't Yankee Blazers FC here where you can migrate a club from location to another like a magic trick. This is tribal ffs 

1 minute ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

This ain't gonna happen. Like the post above, I believe this story is being used as a bargaining chip to gain a greater share of the pie for bigger clubs. UEFA should hold their nerve and call their bluff. If you don't like it, well, you can just **** off. If you try it on, we'll blow your ******* kneecaps off!!

Time we had some legislation to put a stop to the greed of the few thinking they can just ride rough-shod over 150 of sporting integrity and history. This ain't Yankee Blazers FC here where you can migrate a club from location to another like a magic trick. This is tribal ffs 

100% this.

This sort of greed needs to stop. It is gross. Plain and simple. Its simple now. Boot out these clubs that think they can do what they want. 

Kick them out now.  Expunge their records for this season.  Get on with it Premier League.

Don’t bother relegating anyone.  14 teams plus the 6 autos and playoff places....20 teams, make the other 3 x 22.  92 becomes 86.

League Cup back to 2 legs for first two rounds.

FA Cup Replays.

The 20 PL teams can field proper sides because there’s no midweek European games.

REAL football is back.

**** the “greedy six”.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Kick them out now.  Expunge their records for this season.  Get on with it Premier League.

Don’t bother relegating anyone.  14 teams plus the 6 autos and playoff places....20 teams, make the other 3 x 22.  92 becomes 86.

FA Cup Replays.

The 20 PL teams can field proper sides because there’s no midweek European games.

REAL football is back.

**** the “greedy six”.

This is what needs to happen. 

Like i said before, Fifa also needs to make it clear that any players wanting to play for them, it will not be recognised as a competition and they will not be regarded for international call ups.

Its time we all took a stand against this type of greed. 

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

FA Cup Replays.

REAL football is back.

**** the “greedy six”.

They want the domestic riches as well Dave.

FWIW, I totally agree with you. 

I'd love for the PL to withdraw any funding for any team whose agreed to join, probably get shouted down for it but PL give each of the 6 one chance to say they withdraw from it or all funding gone and the PL/FA will never back them for entering a european competition

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

FA Cup Replays.

REAL football is back.

**** the “greedy six”.

I mean I'd go with 6 more NL clubs promoted, filter everything up

9 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I'd love for the PL to withdraw any funding for any team whose agreed to join, probably get shouted down for it but PL give each of the 6 one chance to say they withdraw from it or all funding gone and the PL/FA will never back them for entering a european competition

I mean I'd go with 6 more NL clubs promoted, filter everything up

No international places for those that go. No PFA membership. I'm sure there are loads more sanctions.

Bear in mind these greedy sods have already signed so do it now.

Make Leicester or West Ham Champions.

They want to cut all of us adrift, let's save them the trouble and throw them out now.

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

This actually could be a good thing for football.

Kicking out the greediest bastards in england, could be just what is needed to reform our game and finances. 

Agreed, football has needed a reset for some time, and this may prove to be the catalyst, will it hurt clubs, absolutely but after the initial turmoil wages would drop massively and the leagues would begin to stabalise, would we have the money we have now, no as we would have to cut our cloth accordingly, but would I still be there, abso ******* loutley. 

I am genuinely very interested to see Klopps presses tomorrow after this, as I cant imagine him not speaking out. 

1 minute ago, Spud55 said:

Agreed, football has needed a reset for some time, and this may prove to be the catalyst, will it hurt clubs, absolutely but after the initial turmoil wages would drop massively and the leagues would begin to stabalise, would we have the money we have now, no as we would have to cut our cloth accordingly, but would I still be there, abso ******* loutley. 

I am genuinely very interested to see Klopps presses tomorrow after this, as I cant imagine him not speaking out. 

Exactly. Fans of clubs outside those greedy pricks will still be going. 

Its hilarious really. Im not sure if these greedy ***** think fans only turn out to watch them when their teams play them. I mean they are seemingly deluded enough to think that.

Football will be fine without them. Imo it will help reform and grow it.

I just hope that fans of said clubs can creat their own, ala Wimbledon, or FC United. 

2 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

I hope managers and players come out against this. They asked Ole about it today and he just deflected. I hope a few at these clubs come out and absolutely blast their clubs for this. It is absolutely shambolic and the statement!! **** me, do they think anyone is actually buying that bullshit? 

Anyway, I hope UEFA, FIFA and all the FAs are true to their word. Don’t let them play. It is a bit harsh on the players under contract but if the have to be sacrificed for the game then so be it. 

Oh the whole lot can F’ off as far as I’m concerned and that includes City. Going to follow my local non league team, as I have been doing for a while anyway. Money has ruined the game. 40 years it’s been but I know longer can feel much love for the higher leagues.

2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

UEFA's lawyers? I'd be betting on the clubs...

In other news the PR firm The Super League have hired? The same ones who work for the Tories 

I have seen this a few times tonight about their lawyers. But didn’t man city get out of it off a technicality? Remember hearing they were guilty but could only prove wrongdoing around 2015 which was deemed too long ago to punish or something like that? 

Anyway, I hope they can get this done. If all this goes through I think I’ll just watch some mates on a Saturday somewhere local. Need a break from the football business side I think. Should not have let so much foreign investment seep into Europe. 

10 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I hope managers and players come out against this. They asked Ole about it today and he just deflected. I hope a few at these clubs come out and absolutely blast their clubs for this. It is absolutely shambolic and the statement!! **** me, do they think anyone is actually buying that bullshit? 

Anyway, I hope UEFA, FIFA and all the FAs are true to their word. Don’t let them play. It is a bit harsh on the players under contract but if the have to be sacrificed for the game then so be it. 

I cant see any of the big six speaking against it any time soon sadly. 

Hopefully other managers and players continue to do so though. 

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Oh the whole lot can F’ off as far as I’m concerned and that includes City. Going to follow my local non league team, as I have been doing for a while anyway. Money has ruined the game. 40 years it’s been but I know longer can feel much love for the higher leagues.

*no

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I have seen this a few times tonight about their lawyers. But didn’t man city get out of it off a technicality? Remember hearing they were guilty but could only prove wrongdoing around 2015 which was deemed too long ago to punish or something like that? 

Anyway, I hope they can get this done. If all this goes through I think I’ll just watch some mates on a Saturday somewhere local. Need a break from the football business side I think. Should not have let so much foreign investment seep into Europe. 

Yeah but I can see the lawyers for one or all of the teams finding a reason they can't be sued for 50b euros each

So you've now got a minimum of 9 games which is more than group stage plus first round knockout of the champions league? I'm sure we'll be hearing from managers about having to play too much football (in a 38 league game season) and the added travelling across Europe they'll have to do..... 

2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

So you've now got a minimum of 9 games which is more than group stage plus first round knockout of the champions league? I'm sure we'll be hearing from managers about having to play too much football (in a 38 league game season) and the added travelling across Europe they'll have to do..... 

Not if they aren't playing the 38 game season.

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

Not if they aren't playing the 38 game season.

The announcements indicate no intent to withdraw from domestic leagues and if they did or were forced out then the number of clubs isn't big enough to be a stand alone league.

Archived