IGNORED

European Super League

MC RISK77

2 minutes ago, Will b11 said:

Champions league and europa league been suspended aswell , all becoming a mess very quickly .

No they haven't, but **** it, award it to PSG and let Roma/Villareal play a final for not signing up to that shit comp

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

The announcements indicate no intent to withdraw from domestic leagues and if they did or were forced out then the number of clubs isn't big enough to be a stand alone league.

I wasn't talking about them withdrawing.

Uefa rules state that they can't carry on in domestic competitions or the Champions/Europa League.

Kick them out.

6 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

The announcements indicate no intent to withdraw from domestic leagues and if they did or were forced out then the number of clubs isn't big enough to be a stand alone league.

Haven't the Premier league said they'll be gone / kicked out though?

EDIT: Superjack has answered me already. Thanks SJ.

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

I wasn't talking about them withdrawing.

Uefa rules state that they can't carry on in domestic competitions or the Champions/Europa League.

Kick them out.

Depends if the FA/PL really would have the balls to follow through 

7 minutes ago, Superjack said:

They have to.

Or domestic football dies. It's that simple.

Exactly, this cannot be one of those things where the big clubs threaten something and then it all quietly goes away, they should be immediately suspended from the PL, FA cup and EFL cup, should they sack off this league they may be reinstated, but with heavy sanctions, and should they not they should have every honour and title stripped from them and be kicked out of English football never to be allowed to return. 

3 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I mean, they can only control what happens with the champions league and europa league.

They have no control over domestic football in europe

Ok, didn't know that pal. Thank you. I always thought they had some kind of veto over national leagues as well. Shows I know SHi1t then! ;)

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

I have seen this a few times tonight about their lawyers. But didn’t man city get out of it off a technicality? Remember hearing they were guilty but could only prove wrongdoing around 2015 which was deemed too long ago to punish or something like that? 

Anyway, I hope they can get this done. If all this goes through I think I’ll just watch some mates on a Saturday somewhere local. Need a break from the football business side I think. Should not have let so much foreign investment seep into Europe. 

Was something like that yeah- well not entirely but the gap between case and charges did UEFA few favours- plus the fact that Man City agreed/had imposed on them in 2014 a Settlement Agreement- which they passed with Flying Colours. That latter bit wasn't a direct factor but it again probably wouldn't have helped UEFA?

12 hours ago, walnutroof said:

I actually believe the premier league isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, when the London stadium first opened i had a season ticket mainly due to the price and being on my doorstep, out of the 19 home games it’s only really 5 or 6 of those that you’re playing one of the big teams and for every Chelsea or Manchester City you play a Crystal Palace or Burnley. 

So it’s hardly surprising that those clubs who despite maybe league positions are able to generate more income and looking for bigger and lucrative opposition 

But even in business you grow based on demand, if you try to grow beyond what you can offer you generally see your business begin to suffer and maybe even collapse. The simple fact is that big fixtures are big because you don't see them as much, the second they're readily available they lose that hype that comes with them anyway. 

There is nothing positive in any way shape or form with this situation and I personally hope that the clubs involved are banned from European football for a season and given a point deduction. 

One angle I’ve not seen on this to date is work permits.

Post Brexit, players need to get a certain number of points to get a WP. Those points are attained from several places, but generally most are from international games and continental competition.

If the players are banned from their national sides, and the teams withdraw from the designated cup competitions, this could mean that they don’t get permits - hence the clubs don’t get the players?

5 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Depends if the FA/PL really would have the balls to follow through 

They’ve said too much not to now. Not only that but there is too much support for their threatened sanctions from the general public and people within the game for them to shit out now. I think these clubs have gone over the tipping point. I was surprised how disparaging the UEFA statement was too. They have done everything to favour these clubs at the expense of everyone else and it still isn’t enough.

48 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

If it goes ahead, all should be kicked out of their domestic leagues, with the leagues leaving space to allow Phoenix clubs to take their place.

All players should be banned from international competition until further notice

Agree. Great news to me. Let then go, bye bye, ooo roo, piss off and let English football return to sustainable normality.

23 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Throw these 6 teams out of the league today, withdraw all their TV money and give it to grass routes,

This is the natural reaction and was my first thought. However, by doing anything knee jerk like this you make the Super League inevitable. This is obviously more than just posturing from the clubs involved but at this stage the reaction needs to be measured. If this happens the ramifications are so huge for football in general that going hell for leather now could be a terrible move.

Quick reminder that Arsenal and Spurs took £125m and £175m UK government loans last year paid for by us, all done while they must have been plotting a way to sideline English football for their own ends.

Literally no shame at all.

8 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Sure is , sky money and plastic fans all over the country I personally can’t wait for those top 6 to eventually F off and let the proper clubs with real fans get on with it

But these clubs have proper fans who likely have generations of family support like before Sky and the Premier League and long before the Champions League.

Just because television has turned them in to global machines and caused a generation of 'fans' who are unlikely to ever watch a live game, this shouldn't detract from the genuine fans.

It's a stupid plan and hopefully it fails.

If they press ahead then they have to be kicked out of prem, otherwise they will start dictating to the prem and fa what cups to play and wanting to move fixtures to accommodate thier "super League" 

If they do go there is an opportunity to reset the prem and a return to a proper competative prem which without those 6 teams will be much more competitive and representative. 

The fa have to have the guts to eject them from the prem though.

7 hours ago, Atticus said:

kick them out.

A stance needs to be taken against this type of gross greed. It really is disgusting. It will ruin the game in the long run if not short term. Boot them out of domestic football. 

A lot of people saying this. Don't forget the impact this has on the domestic league. The breakaway clubs will have far more money than domestic clubs and no FFP to worry about. All the best players in the world will be drawn to the Super League. The domestic league will become the leftovers league.

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I know.....**** ‘em. **** ‘em now.

Let’s call them Div 1,2,3&4 too.

Sky aren't going anywhere Dave so no chance of that.

46 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Award next seasons CL places to the best of the rest, currently Leicester, West Ham, Everton and Leeds.

Easy for us to say, but that's a commercial nightmare. Viewing figures will plummet, revenue will tumble, the CL will lose it sparkle completely.

5 minutes ago, mozo said:

A lot of people saying this. Don't forget the impact this has on the domestic league. The breakaway clubs will have far more money than domestic clubs and no FFP to worry about. All the best players in the world will be drawn to the Super League. The domestic league will become the leftovers league.

Sky aren't going anywhere Dave so no chance of that.

Easy for us to say, but that's a commercial nightmare. Viewing figures will plummet, revenue will tumble, the CL will lose it sparkle completely.

So what do you do? Lie on your back and allow six clubs to tickle your tummy?

Archived