IGNORED

European Super League

MC RISK77

Funny really,we live in a greedy, grasping , selfish,me,me,me,society now,and hardly anyone seems to care.It seems that the some of the same people that think that’s fine,are now complaining that these football clubs are the scum of the earth,remember,you reap what you sow.Anyway, kick ‘em out,I personally go to a game to watch my team,not the opposition.

A lot of the talk to stop this has been about sanctions against the clubs.  But, as this shows, these "elite" clubs are but the money-spinning playthings for a collection of American, Russian and Arab billionaires who have as little interest in European football culture as my mum has in drum n' bass.

Clear and wide-ranging sanctions need to be spelled out.

1) Clubs who take part will have their historic records expunged and need to return trophies won from Uefa-sanctioned competitions.  There can be no readmittance. Once you're gone, you stay gone. 

2) Players playing in this breakaway league will have their registration to play and/or coach in any Uefa or Fifa sanctioned league or contest permanently revoked. That should make a few wonder what happens to their career once they cannot maintain at "elite" level.

3) Agents dealing with this breakaway league have their accreditation to operate in Uefa and Fifa sanctioned leagues revoked. Make your mind up and choose. Represent players from a few clubs or from hundreds.

4) Sponsors will not be allowed to participate in Uefa and Fifa competitions if they sponsor the ESL.

5) TV companies will not be able to bid for rights to televise Uefa and Fifa sanctioned leagues and contests if they broadcast ESL games.

6) Owners of clubs within the ESL set up cannot own stakes in Uefa/Fifa registered clubs.

14 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Assuming this super league actually starts then how long before the American underwriters want to include a representative or two from the US to increase ‘appeal’ (revenue) or otherwise maybe set up a World Super League to run alongside the European model.

A restructuring of the EFL is probably on the post-covid agenda so would the Premier League evolve into a Prem 1 and 2 to enable the remaining ‘big clubs’ to maximise their own revenue with the bigger clubs from the EFL, leaving the rest as possibly part-time North and South divisions.

Not a chance it will go ahead but these clubs have been shamed.

15 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

A lot of the talk to stop this has been about sanctions against the clubs.  But, as this shows, these "elite" clubs are but the money-spinning playthings for a collection of American, Russian and Arab billionaires who have as little interest in European football culture as my mum has in drum n' bass.

Clear and wide-ranging sanctions need to be spelled out.

1) Clubs who take part will have their historic records expunged and need to return trophies won from Uefa-sanctioned competitions.  There can be no readmittance. Once you're gone, you stay gone. 

Okay, ciao *********!

2) Players playing in this breakaway league will have their registration to play and/or coach in any Uefa or Fifa sanctioned league or contest permanently revoked. That should make a few wonder what happens to their career once they cannot maintain at "elite" level.

Boo hoo!

3) Agents dealing with this breakaway league have their accreditation to operate in Uefa and Fifa sanctioned leagues revoked. Make your mind up and choose. Represent players from a few clubs or from hundreds.

Yeah good luck in that fight against Mino Raiola!

4) Sponsors will not be allowed to participate in Uefa and Fifa competitions if they sponsor the ESL.

Okay. Say bye bye to good money Inglaterra!

5) TV companies will not be able to bid for rights to televise Uefa and Fifa sanctioned leagues and contests if they broadcast ESL games.

It's a free market chumps

6) Owners of clubs within the ESL set up cannot own stakes in Uefa/Fifa registered clubs.

Okay. But their friends can!

I sent your list to Andrea Agnelli and his response is in bold.

47 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Apologies if already posted: https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2021/april/big-six-shirt-amnesty-launched/

"In light of recent events surrounding the introduction of the European Super League, Grimsby Town Football Club will be running a shirt amnesty for those who hold shirts for the English clubs involved.

If you hold a shirt from the following clubs that are no older than three seasons old, Grimsby Town Football Club are giving you the opportunity to surrender these and receive a 2020/21 replica Grimsby Town shirt of your choice*:

Manchester United
Manchester City
Liverpool
Arsenal
Tottenham
Chelsea

All shirts that are surrendered during the amnesty will be donated to local youth groups and humanitarian projects in Africa set on fire at November 5th celebrations later this year.  We would donate them to local youth groups and humanitarian projects in Africa, but they've suffered enough already without giving them the option to wear the shirt of a club who is selling out the game for sums of money that could fund these projects for years.

You will be able to surrender your shirts in the Club Shop or Mariners Trust Bar between 10am and 4pm on weekdays and varying times over the weekend. You can find our opening times by clicking HERE. 

Without fans, football and Grimsby Town Football Club are nothing. We would like to thank you for the fantastic support you have provided us this season and we cannot wait to welcome you back to Blundell Park as soon as possible. "

Great idea!

Better idea

8 minutes ago, mozo said:

I sent your list to Andrea Agnelli and his response is in bold.

It's the TV one that would be huge

It is a free market, but you want to give up showing internationals and the World Cup final?   For a handful of games that interest a minority of fans.

Run that one past Sky/Comcast.

9 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

It's the TV one that would be huge

It is a free market, but you want to give up showing internationals and the World Cup final?   For a handful of games that interest a minority of fans.

Run that one past Sky/Comcast.

Is that not anti-competitive behaviour though? Sounds like something that would end up in the courts. 

32 minutes ago, thatcham red said:

'the wider good of the game is a secondary concern'

The most worrying statement of all from the owners (Sky Sports)

This type of shady power grabbing, profit at all costs mentality underpins pretty much all of western society currently. Unfortunately there doesnt seem to be much outrage about the decimation of fundamental elements of society, the environment, social welfare, education etc maybe this will help people realise what the **** is going on around them right now, although I dont hold out much hope. 

I will be interested to hear what Jurgen Klopp has to say. Tuchel and Solskjaer played it with a straight bat when asked about it - say what you like about JK he is not normally shy of an opinion. 

The reputational damage done to these clubs today is massive - to the point where i would not pay any money now to Sky to watch them. Cut them off at the knees, as the SFA did to Rangers. They will return, hopefully more humble and in touch with football

Far too many pages to check,  if this has already been covered, but a big heads up to Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund for their stance against the Spondolicks League travesty.   With German clubs all having 51% fan ownership, they lead the way on how to run and organise a League system in a fair democratic style.   Greed is God as far as the  English Big Six (Sic) are concerned....pheck the supporters - pheck all other clubs - pheck a fair and level playing field.  Just Worship at the altar of selfish ingordigiousness. ??

22 hours ago, mozo said:

How are the governing bodies going hard? Genuine question not sarcastic. 

I wasn't impressed with how the new look CL was safeguarding qualification for the big clubs.

Some of these clubs are so in debt that it's a desperate measure to recoup some cash.  I hope it fails and they have to start living within their means.

If anyone thinks the EPL is going to expel Man Utd, Man c, Liverpool. Arsenal , spurs and Chelsea then I think they are a tad deluded. It would instantly devalue their product by over half and they know it.

these big boys will get what they want eventually, or close to it. 

16 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

If anyone thinks the EPL is going to expel Man Utd, Man c, Liverpool. Arsenal , spurs and Chelsea then I think they are a tad deluded. It would instantly devalue their product by over half and they know it.

these big boys will get what they want eventually, or close to it. 

The alternative is to let them do it and compete at a major financial disadvantage to them as nit only would they Big 6 have their ESL money, the value of the Premier League would be devalued so the remaining 14 clubs would have a chunk of a considerably smaller pie. At that point is it still worth playing Man Utd reserves twice a season?

Archived