IGNORED

European Super League

MC RISK77

For those people who on said “can’t do much about it”, “they will go through with it and that’s that”, “let’s just sit down with them” perhaps we are starting to see that if you fight back in enough numbers against the big boys rather than just bending over and accepting their demand borne out of pure greed you can have the desired effect.

2 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

This is all one big game and people are falling for it. 

The trick is for the various organisations to carry on and get their ducks in a row so that if the greedy bastards don’t fall back into line you can hit them hard and hit them quick should the games continue.

12 minutes ago, mozo said:

Chelsea might be out?!

And so it begins.. give it a few weeks and they will all come out. In my humble opinion the main evil driving force behind this is Real Madrid and Perez, i hope them and Barcelona go to the wall financially!

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

For those people who on said “can’t do much about it”, “they will go through with it and that’s that”, “let’s just sit down with them” perhaps we are starting to see that if you fight back in enough numbers against the big boys rather than just bending over and accepting their demand borne out of pure greed you can have the desired effect.

As if Chelsea and the other teams weren’t aware of the backlash that would happen. It’s clear this was done with no intention of happening any time soon. 

2 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

I think this yime its gone too far though, there has to be huge punishments for the clubs who have done this including relegation.

Reality is nothing will happen. No relegations, no deductions, no penalties in any shape form.

Perhaps each club will be fined a few million. But that’s all I can see. 

Just now, EmissionImpossible said:

As if Chelsea and the other teams weren’t aware of the backlash that would happen. It’s clear this was done with no intention of happening any time soon. 

But you have to assume it will happen again and get things in place to fight it even stronger next time. Surely there’s enough brains in football to anticipate that?

3 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

I actually dont think these morons had a clue about the backlash. They dont know football in this country.

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

I'm beginning to think you're right. Not sure what to make of the owner of one of the 6 that said they will not change though.

You have to have one person who will stick up for it to show the proposal has at least been thought out but then teams will drop out. It’s a perfect marketing strategy, gauge the market, get people upset with one particular facet and then change it and come back.

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

But you have to assume it will happen again and get things in place to fight it even stronger next time. Surely there’s enough brains in football to anticipate that?

Either a huge reform in European competitions happens and the businessmen make money that way or they find a way to push this through but act as if they are acting for the fans. Look at what’s been released , vague statements, calling long term fans, legacy fans, no relegation. These teams need money. It’s purposely done. No one has stepped forward.

Was always likely to be Chelsea and or Man City to go first as they didn't really want in in the first place, I think if PSG, Bayern and Dortmund had said yes then it would be different, but you cant have any kind of "super league" without at worst 2 of those 3.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

I actually dont think these morons had a clue about the backlash. They dont know football in this country.

That’s ridiculous. The clubs involved would know and if it’s been discussed for as long as they say, it would have been communicated, risk assessments, everything would have been done. This league was never intended to take place either at all or just this soon.

1 minute ago, Spud55 said:

Was always likely to be Chelsea and or Man City to go first as they didn't really want in in the first place, I think if PSG, Bayern and Dortmund had said yes then it would be different, but you cant have any kind of "super league" without at worst 2 of those 3.

United wont be going anywhere considering the involvment of Woodward and Glazer.

Just now, EmissionImpossible said:

That’s ridiculous. The clubs involved would know and if it’s been discussed for as long as they say, it would have been communicated, risk assessments, everything would have been done. This league was never intended to take place either at all or just this soon.

Why is it ridiculous ? What was the point in announcing then? You seem very certain and im curious to see why.

I am not surprised it’s Chelsea and Man City at all. Right now financially they have the competitive advantage. Why give that up even in the stupid ESL?

Equally, not seen it reported much, but in the Premier League rules, it takes a 75% vote to kick another team out...or 15 out of 20. It is highly likely that was in the calculation to have six English places.

Hopefully this is the start of the collapse of this scam. The 6 owners will however still need to face a reckoning.

Archived