IGNORED

European Super League

MC RISK77

14 minutes ago, Coppello said:

This is fantastic and it shows that the voices of fans can still be heard. Those leading the project are going to lose a lot of money. As someone mentioned, surely the position of all owners and Chief Executives are pretty much untenable. They’ve shown their hand and it’s clear that they care little about the views of fans. 

And players too?

26 minutes ago, Olé said:

The loan IS the funding, which will be covered by securing TV and sponsorship contracts (which don't yet exist, because the league doesn't yet either).

JP Morgan have agreed to put up the lending to be paid back over 23 years, with the league paying €264m a year which includes about 2-3% interest.

The league has created a new company in Spain that the clubs jointly own, which is liable for the debt but will own the future media/sponsorship rights.

A private banking / asset management firm in Spain used by Florentino Pérez appears to be coordinating this all for the league: http://keycapital.com/en/

There doesn't need to be "someone" (i.e. a private equity investor) as JP Morgan provides debt (lower cost funding), guaranteed on future TV rights etc.

Contrast if there were some private investors (which I think is what you're asking), they'd effectively own a big share of the league and extract that profit.  

I guess what I’m trying to get at is that JP Morgan wouldn’t have put up the loan without some kind of business plan as to how the money was going to come back. 
So there must be at least the semblance of an initial agreement with a tv/streaming company and some kind of projected numbers. 
So I’m trying to work out who/what is going to pay the billions. Some have suggested Amazon streaming or Netflix type service. I’d been keen to know which companies were dumb enough to say they’ll help launch this. 
It’s obviously not Sky or Bein. I haven’t heard anything from BT Sport? Just thinking that whoever it is, perhaps fans would like to voice their displeasure toward those particular co’s. 
The promise of the money being repaid to JP must’ve been in some kind of business plan somewhere. Who is it? What tv channel? Who was gonna host the shows? Who was gonna commentate? All of them need calling out and told what we think about them. 

Glad it’s all falling apart, but the greedy clubs who signed up to this should not be let off the hook. The various football authorities need to absolutely hammer them, otherwise something like this will inevitably be attempted again in the future.

Remember when Barca didn’t have a shirt sponsor because “no company could pay us enough to sully our shirts”? They quickly clicked through the gears and whored themselves out didn’t they.

Scummy clubs, every single one of them.

3 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Glad it’s all falling apart, but the greedy clubs who signed up to this should not be let off the hook. The various football authorities need to absolutely hammer them, otherwise something like this will inevitably be attempted again in the future.

Remember when Barca didn’t have a shirt sponsor because “no company could pay us enough to sully our shirts”? They quickly clicked through the gears and whored themselves out didn’t they.

Scummy clubs, every single one of them.

Is it falling apart?

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

Massively enjoying the fact that Liverpool, who make a big show of their principles, and Arsenal and Spurs, who never win anything, are the last remaining bastions of the supposed “elite” and have been caught out by Chelsea and Man City developing a set of principles before they did...

They are all as bad as each other tbh.

So on to tonight's game folks. Top of the ESL highflyers Real Madrid A are up against Real Madrid B who remain rock bottom of the 2 team table. This is the 92nd time that they have met this season but this promises to be a close one. Madrid A are managed by that manager of perfection Vince McMahon while Hoo Flung Dung tries to rally his Madrid B troops.

Archived