IGNORED

European Super League

MC RISK77

1 minute ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Apparently Ed Woodwards resignation is in no way related to the ESL. No, course it isn’t! 

It’s because they cancelled Callan.

2 minutes ago, tunnie12345 said:

We need something positive to come out of all this.. all 6 clubs fined 50 million each and that should be distributed to all lower league clubs to help them stay afloat during this pandemic and beyond!

Apart from one, the 6th richest club in England won't need it.

Needs something in place to stop this happening again. Unfortunately it needed fans to make a real point this time. It just shouldn't be needed. If fans didn't react, it would have been a reality. 

For all the dolla these guys have, they ain't too smart. Over run at the first hurdle. 

Couldn't be more proud of the football community, come together when it mattered

The thought arises that the leading lights of these clubs are planning the next moves. Firstly, the breakaway clubs announce a separation and their own rules (as a power grab or at least some sabre rattling), secondly they have some plan to rake in the money and in so doing save their over-stretched and debt-riddled companies; thirdly, when it all kicks off and everyone rebels (as was entirely expected) the big names jump the sinking ships, allowing them to walk away from the disasters.

Once that all happens and some big names in European football are in ruins, there exists a lucrative opportunity for some (as yet unknown) financial enterprises to move in on a fire sale. Someone must have all this lined up, and they'll be making a killing.

Sorry if it has been mentioned but I find a bit rich when ex premiership footballers on Sky get on their high horse and talk about football being for the fans and that it is just greed that motivated this super League idea. Well I thought with most premiership clubs and players that greed  is what motivated them already. What's new. This is just a new version of it. Squeeze as much out of the football supporter as possible through ticket prices, costs at the game , replica shirts etc, etc.

6 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Sorry if it has been mentioned but I find a bit rich when ex premiership footballers on Sky get on their high horse and talk about football being for the fans and that it is just greed that motivated this super League idea. Well I thought with most premiership clubs and players that greed  is what motivated them already. What's new. This is just a new version of it. Squeeze as much out of the football supporter as possible through ticket prices, costs at the game , replica shirts etc, etc.

I was thinking along the same lines rascal.

I am sure that these players will be phoning their agents urgently and telling them that, to avoid any repetition of the ESL move , which was only caused because of the dire financial situation these hard pressed big clubs find themselves, they should be negotiating new contracts with wages much more in keeping with what clubs can sensibly afford rather than the eye watering sums that they the players ( and their agents ) would like.

During these calls I am also sure the players will be urging their agents to do their bit by taking much reduced fees, and only taking fees from the players , who are their clients.

14 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Got to say I thought Carra and Nev were both excellent on MNF. Yes they acknowledged they've made very good money from football. But they're one club men who seem to have a genuine and massive affinity for the areas they grew up and their clubs. Rich through football maybe. But I wouldn't tar them with the same brush as the franchise billionaires.  

Archived