IGNORED

former City player Lee Peacock City assitant at swindon town

10 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

after John Sheridan leaves the Wiltshire club

Always loved seeing Peacck with that great smile on his face after scoring

Bloody Hell not heard his name In a long time.

Paid a lot of money for him for the time did we not? I knew from someone working at the club at the time that he was one of the main boozers under Wilson. 

16 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Paid a lot of money for him for the time did we not? I knew from someone working at the club at the time that he was one of the main boozers under Wilson. 

He sure was. From sleeping it off in a ditch to break dancing in his own puke, there are plenty of stories 

23 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Biggest piss head I've ever seen in a City shirt. Remember being in the old players bar when he was here, he was always hammered after a game... generous to a fault though. Would always buy anyone a drink. Couldn't help but like him.

According to Wikipedia he cost us £600,000, which chimes with what I remember. He scored 54 goals in 144 appearances for City, so a pretty good record. I always liked him as a player and he played with a smile on his face. 

He went down in my estimation, though, when he was co-commentator on Radio Bristol when we played Swindle and he was rooting for them. 

4 minutes ago, Offside said:

According to Wikipedia he cost us £600,000, which chimes with what I remember. He scored 54 goals in 144 appearances for City, so a pretty good record. I always liked him as a player and he played with a smile on his face. 

He went down in my estimation, though, when he was co-commentator on Radio Bristol when we played Swindle and he was rooting for them. 

To be fair he's only ever said good things about City when asked about his time there

Met him in town many years ago, bottom of Park St.  He was at the back end of a night out on a Saturday and eating a pizza.  I was by no means sober but remember him being a good laugh, friendly and happy to chat.  Decent bloke, decent player, and as others have said, despite his obvious appetite for a few scoops he was a very likeable character.

4 hours ago, spudski said:

Biggest piss head I've ever seen in a City shirt. Remember being in the old players bar when he was here, he was always hammered after a game... generous to a fault though. Would always buy anyone a drink. Couldn't help but like him.

Aye, lovely bloke, surprised he could  run on a Saturday the way he sank pints.  "Evening Squire"

5 hours ago, spudski said:

Yeah he was a really nice chap - seen him a few times in The George Chipping Sodbury - real friendly and down to earth guy. 

It was on Saturday and he had played and scored for us - can't remember who we played (or the score) but he was telling me how our fans had been playing up that day.

Simon Clyst also there - he was a little up his own ass, was also a few other younger City players there but can' t remember who (I would have been in full Blackthorn mode in those days). 

Unbelievable that it was 20 years ago - where have the years gone!!

Archived