IGNORED

Pato.....

Slippin cider

One of these 3. Very surprised if it isn’t. 

Was one of the players that was most pally with Holden. Can see him going Stoke.

Seems to love the area, been here years & is mates with a lot of the League 1 squad, can see him going Cardiff so he doesn’t need to move. 

Supports Coventry, look like they’re staying up but will they offer as much as the other two?

8 minutes ago, Super said:

Must be me that would keep him then.

On his day he is undoubtedly a talented footballer , do his days come along often enough ? 

When he’s ‘off it ‘ does he offer enough to the team ?

Can we get a better replacement ?

Those are the questions I would ask before deciding.

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

On his day he is undoubtedly a talented footballer , do his days come along often enough ? 

You could say that about everyone in this team in fairness. I don't think he is as bad as people make out.

50 minutes ago, Super said:

Must be me that would keep him then.

I’d have said the same a month or so ago but his availability record this season has been so poor.

I do rate him & think he gives us something we lack when he doesn’t play, but have come to the conclusion we need to have a root & branch sort out this summer, so should now look elsewhere to find someone to provide that.

52 minutes ago, Super said:

You could say that about everyone in this team in fairness. I don't think he is as bad as people make out.

If there was one player that mirrors us a club over the last few seasons it’s him. He’s the epitome of us as a club at the moment. Fantastic on the rare occasions that he is on song but generally flatters to deceive the vast majority of the time.  Too inconsistent for a team supposedly challenging at the right end imho. He’s had a good run here but time to move on for both parties imho. 

Who is more consistent over a 46 game season? Pato or Palmer? 

I’d say Pato personally. That said one is under contract and one isn’t and I am all for letting everyone OOC go. My strongest case would probably be Weimann for the commitment and experience. 

When you look at his record over the year's it's respectable. He's had an okay career here really. I could see some lower end champ teams being interested. I prefer him over O'Dowda. 

I never really understood the strong feelings against Pato. I get the frustration, but I found it obvious that he had flair about him. 

37 minutes ago, lenred said:

If there was one player that mirrors us a club over the last few seasons it’s him. He’s the epitome of us as a club at the moment. Fantastic on the rare occasions that he is on song but generally flatters to deceive the vast majority of the time.  Too inconsistent for a team supposedly challenging at the right end imho. He’s had a good run here but time to move on for both parties imho. 

Well said, I put COD in the same bracket. Both need to go along with many others for me. Need to move on from the Johnson/Ashton/Holden era.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

No, No, YES!

He's been taking the pi$ all the time he's been here.

27 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Who is more consistent over a 46 game season? Pato or Palmer? 

I’d say Pato personally. That said one is under contract and one isn’t and I am all for letting everyone OOC go. My strongest case would probably be Weimann for the commitment and experience. 

That's a little like asking what hurts more, a kick in the nuts or a punch to the throat...I mean you'd probably say a kick in the nuts would hurt more, but neither is particularly impressive!

Paterson posted a photo on instagram earlier with the caption

'Gutted to be out for the remainder of the season! It's been a difficult period for me personally with injury. Will work hard and come back stronger ?⚽?'

Then tagged the Bristol City account.

Could be reading too much into that, but I think it suggests he's staying. 

On 19/04/2021 at 08:36, Super said:

I do wonder whether he would be a better player in a front foot team rather than the counter attacking side we have been for over 3 years?

On his day, eg at Man City in the League Cup first leg four years ago, he's class. But those days are at best 1 in 10 and he's a passenger otherwise. Holden did him no favours this year by not rotating him and playing him while injured, mind. 

He's 30 in December and I would release him. Could see him at Coventry. 

Archived