IGNORED

Pato.....

Slippin cider

6 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I do wonder whether he would be a better player in a front foot team rather than the counter attacking side we have been for over 3 years?

I'll be disappointed if we renew his contract tbh. 

Keeping both him and Palmer makes little sense to me, neither are good enough. Palmer is contracted though, so would've made sense to keep KP & release JP. 

I really hope my guess is wrong & we still look to bring in someone new to challenge for that place in the squad.

46 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I'll be disappointed if we renew his contract tbh. 

Keeping both him and Palmer makes little sense to me, neither are good enough. Palmer is contracted though, so would've made sense to keep KP & release JP. 

I really hope my guess is wrong & we still look to bring in someone new to challenge for that place in the squad.

On 19/04/2021 at 08:36, Super said:

You could say that about everyone in this team in fairness. I don't think he is as bad as people make out.

I agree.

I’ll remember him kindly. IMO did more good than harm.

I think that despite all the rhetoric around the players at present, they’re not all that bad individually. 

As was pointed out during the end of the Johnson era, we somehow contrived to create an environment which saw the whole continually be less than the sum of all individual parts.

I’ve no stats for his availability and could be hugely wrong, but to me it seems with each season that passes his availability gets less and less. Injuries have possibly caught up with him and will probably continue to affect  playing time. It’s a chance to sign any player as we certainly know, but are we going to get worth out of him?

He does offer something when fit and on form, but there must be hundreds of options out there for us too. Better the Devil you know or time to take a punt on someone else? No room for sentiment here, and are we emotionally attached to him or many of our players now anyway?

On 19/04/2021 at 09:33, Major Isewater said:

On his day he is undoubtedly a talented footballer , do his days come along often enough ? 

When he’s ‘off it ‘ does he offer enough to the team ?

Can we get a better replacement ?

Those are the questions I would ask before deciding.

Ooo roo Pato I think is the answer Your Majorness

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

For me, to re-contract Pato you have to sell one of the contracted midfielders, probably Palmer.  If you can do that I would be happy enough to have Pato stay.  He’s our best technical player, has goal / assist threat too.

How do you sell a player whose performances don't match up with his wage demands? A season loan perhaps with wages shared?

Ultimately you have a similar problem with both of them; they only play well when their mind is focussed and they both lose focus far too easily.

11 minutes ago, mozo said:

How do you sell a player whose performances don't match up with his wage demands? A season loan perhaps with wages shared?

Ultimately you have a similar problem with both of them; they only play well when their mind is focussed and they both lose focus far too easily.

Yep, gonna take a hit on Palmer, wages, fee, probably both.

You might try and loan him like Swansea.  Pato will be on half of KP’s wage!

But, yeah, won’t be easy to shift him.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

For me, to re-contract Pato you have to sell one of the contracted midfielders, probably Palmer.  If you can do that I would be happy enough to have Pato stay.  He’s our best technical player, has goal / assist threat too.

We have to have better options than a hugely inconsistent Pato if we are to see this club move forward. OOC get rid.

It wasn’t that long ago that Pato was our only creative player on the pitch - then he lost a bit of form and got injured. To my mind he is nowhere nearly as underwhelming as other players OOC. If he gets with I’d offer him a contract. Get rid of Palmer - too expensive and continually disappoints  

Archived