IGNORED

Bristol City Investment

mozo

17 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Chelsea and Bristol City not the best comparison. However unless you are telling me an oligarch to whom money is absolutely no object is interested then I will tell you right now SL will sell the entirety of Bristol Sport and that oligarch would have it absolutely no other way.

Now not to go down how money gets from Rubles to sterling via dollars to far, but it is an enterprise in itself!

It’s not a direct comparison no, but you did ask. It’s a real life example of a rich guy buying a football team but he doesn’t own the name of the club nor the pitch it plays on. 
As for Bristol Sport, SL has only made reference to “bringing in investment to the football club”. 
I honestly don’t think he’ll be selling the whole Bristol Sport model, nor the ground, as that could jeopardise the future of the rugby team - and why would he want to do that. 
I’d be fairly certain that he’s only looking to get investors for the football club only. Whether that includes some kind of share in the stadium ownership then perhaps, but I don’t think he sells the whole lot, lock stock & barrel and leaves our future in the uncertain hands of unknowns. 

Edit - and any prospective buyer who says “Chuck the stadium in the deal as well Steve”, would clearly be someone with ulterior motives. 

4 hours ago, Harry said:

It’s not a direct comparison no, but you did ask. It’s a real life example of a rich guy buying a football team but he doesn’t own the name of the club nor the pitch it plays on. 
As for Bristol Sport, SL has only made reference to “bringing in investment to the football club”. 
I honestly don’t think he’ll be selling the whole Bristol Sport model, nor the ground, as that could jeopardise the future of the rugby team - and why would he want to do that. 
I’d be fairly certain that he’s only looking to get investors for the football club only. Whether that includes some kind of share in the stadium ownership then perhaps, but I don’t think he sells the whole lot, lock stock & barrel and leaves our future in the uncertain hands of unknowns. 

Edit - and any prospective buyer who says “Chuck the stadium in the deal as well Steve”, would clearly be someone with ulterior motives. 

As I have said before. It’s signaling. It’s what happens in big sales. SL has had MA working on stuff for ages and SL has now let us know it’s right. I made a statement some months ago on here that the non communication with supporters was indicative of a quiet period. Particularly from the CEO Thus I think SL and MA have been frog kissing (you do a lot of that if you are overtly or covertly looking for investment or a buy out) 

Hopefully one of Romans mates is interested. But I do think SL will be reluctant on some levels on anything that looks like blind money. 

As for the Rugby team. As I texted on the old mans poddy at the weekend the US in particular has increased interest in Rugby. I don’t see they are in anymore jeopardy who ever owns them using your rationale, particularly if they can win a big trophy and they might. 

Good luck to SL getting significant interest in getting sizable investment (seriously how much investment in the football club do you think he wants, the bloke is worth 2 billion sterling) in Bristol City and keeping control of facilities agreements on land and a hotel to himself.

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Does the football club have a very long term lease for the ground which was sorted out when the ground came out of the clubs ownership ? Seem to remember something about that but could be wrong.

Yes I think it does. IKEA are watching developments!

11 minutes ago, MATT BCFC said:

All a bit worrying this isn't it? 

Not sure what's worse having an owner who appears to have lost interest or the possibility of having owners who are very much in it for their own personal gain. 

Really wish we had the German model here. 

yeah, I'd go with Veronica Blume!

Archived