IGNORED

Pearson appointment - Progress?

cidered abroad

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

As the Lansdowns may have been in isolation since last week and could now test to come out, does anybody know or think that we may soon have a meeting with Nigel Pearson to settle whether he comes or goes?

I would have thought it was a priority. But with Lansdown anything is possible. I would imagine that Pearson is a manager that a number of clubs might want and if this is drawn out by Lansdown then others will be in for him. And we will have missed a really  tremendous opportunity to get a manager of his calibre.

You would hope that all details of the deal had already been agreed and they are just waiting to meet, sign and have their photos taken. Surely they must have covered all issues by now. Had that been the case they might as well have announced it but they haven't. Have a nasty feeling that we are far from an agreement and there's a fair chance Nigel will go elsewhere. All this while they're trying to shift season tickets. Odd....

6 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I can only assume we're waiting to see if our application to join the 'super' league has been accepted ;)

I'm proud that we've resisted the overtures and the money and stuck to our principles on this one. Apparently Forest Green and Yeovil are the other two teams mentioned in the announcement yesterday as the three teams they are hoping will join and all of us are holding firm. 

Really hoping they don't move onto West Country teams without ethics and principles...

10 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'm proud that we've resisted the overtures and the money and stuck to our principles on this one. Apparently Forest Green and Yeovil are the other two teams mentioned in the announcement yesterday as the three teams they are hoping will join and all of us are holding firm. 

Really hoping they don't move onto West Country teams without ethics and principles...

We could form a West Country super league...the "Cider league"

Us, FGR, Cheltenham, Swindle, Yeovil, maybe stretch and let in Exeter. Can't think of anyone else, mind...

2 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Us, FGR, Cheltenham, Swindle, Yeovil, maybe stretch and let in Exeter. Can't think of anyone else, mind...

I'd not mind too much if we extended to the whole of Devon and let Torquay and Plymouth join too. That would certainly be it then, though. Personally I think we are being very generous letting Swindle in...

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

dont forget portishead,clevedon,yate,mangos,weston,ashton and backwell. have i forgot anyone?

2 hours ago, Banned User said:

I think it was estimated that they could do meetings the earliest Wednesday, with an advanced test + the all clear.

Jon maybe, but Steve didn't have to isolate as he came from a UK territory, so discussions almost certainly will have taken place by now.  It may be that there is something happening with the investment side of things that may affect things, but that's just me speculating and not based on anything other than trying to find reasons for any possible delay.  Mathematical safety may also be in play as others have said.

3 hours ago, Polly said:

By "Pearson appointment - progress?" I thought you meant "is the appointment of Pearson progress for the club?"  

His appointment for the club would be progress in as much that Nige is proven at Championship level, only the second  one after Wilson to have that achievement on his CV.

Remember the long delay after LJ was sacked? - posters were calling for an experienced manager, MM and CH were mentioned and MA and invisible Jon appointed a complete managerial novice..............:dunno:

Now the club have an opportunity to appoint a manager  with the required CV - let’s hope it’s not left to Ashton and the invisible man to make the decision..............:facepalm:

35 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Has anyone watched the latest press conference yet ?

Pearson seems to be getting more pissed of with Gregor every week 

Part of the deal Nige will demand from SL will be he won’t have to face inane questions from local journos every week.
If that’s not agreed I feel he’ll be off ?

38 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Has anyone watched the latest press conference yet ?

Pearson seems to be getting more pissed of with Gregor every week 

It’s not just GmG that Nige puts in his place. He has a reputation for being difficult to question and the Leicester local hacks will tell you.

GmG does his best I guess.

Archived