IGNORED

Pearson appointment - Progress?

cidered abroad

27 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

If we`re allowing Yeovil in what about Dorchester and Weymouth?

That must be about it isn`t it?

I draw the line at including Dorset in the West Country league. Next you’ll want to include South Gloucestershire and Wiltshire. For shame.

1 hour ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Has anyone watched the latest press conference yet ?

Pearson seems to be getting more pissed of with Gregor every week 

I thought Pearson was a bit too prickly.  Journalists have a difficult job to do and I don't like to see managers making it unnecessarily uncomfortable for them.  They should see it as a means of communicating with the fans.            

Interesting that Massengo said "I don't know" when asked about whether he would be here next season.  I know he's only young and he's also developing his English but a "I hope so, I really like it here" would come across so much better.   I think his dad referred to 'the project', namely the 'Massengo project.'  Nobody could be more committed on the pitch, but I just think he needs to be advised to make it sound like he feels part of the Club rather than coming across as if it's just a convenient temporary stop-off as part of his footballing journey.

Not an easy pair for journalists to interview compared to the likes of Tommy Rowe and Kallas.  

5 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'd not mind too much if we extended to the whole of Devon and let Torquay and Plymouth join too. That would certainly be it then, though. Personally I think we are being very generous letting Swindle in...

I agree ... it always seems a bit grubby to include Wiltshire in the West Country - they’re a bit like the annoying nephew you put with all year round but then realise you really don’t like when you meet up at Christmas ... ??

31 minutes ago, bcfcnick said:

I thought Pearson was a bit too prickly.  Journalists have a difficult job to do and I don't like to see managers making it unnecessarily uncomfortable for them.  They should see it as a means of communicating with the fans.            

Interesting that Massengo said "I don't know" when asked about whether he would be here next season.  I know he's only young and he's also developing his English but a "I hope so, I really like it here" would come across so much better.   I think his dad referred to 'the project', namely the 'Massengo project.'  Nobody could be more committed on the pitch, but I just think he needs to be advised to make it sound like he feels part of the Club rather than coming across as if it's just a convenient temporary stop-off as part of his footballing journey.

Not an easy pair for journalists to interview compared to the likes of Tommy Rowe and Kallas.  

I do tend to agree with you Nick.Much as I loved Cotts,some of his after match interviews seemed to be unnecessarily harsh on reporters.

32 minutes ago, bcfcnick said:

Thing is that half the time it is the same questions just wrapped up differently, it's clear that for NP dealing with the press is a necessary evil and but he has not got a huge amount of patience for the regularly repeated questions, especially those around his future, I get there is an interest, but has that much moved on since the weekend to warrant the questions. He's too much of a pro to given an opinion on something occurring off the pitch, hence his LMA reference to the Super League.

As for Massengo, we are merely part of his journey and we should enjoy watching the progression, think I prefer the "I don't know" to the football speak "playing for Bristol City was my dream" and " I'm buzzing' to be here"

Do people think that Lansdown is working feverishly to sort out the new Manager/ CEO or whatever structure we are going to have and that shortly we will know what is happening. Or is this going to follow the same painfully slow and convoluted process we experienced with the Holden appointment. I really hope it is the former so plans for next season can begin.

19 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I agree ... it always seems a bit grubby to include Wiltshire in the West Country - they’re a bit like the annoying nephew you put with all year round but then realise you really don’t like when you meet up at Christmas ... ??

Sorry Unk 

Archived